Author Topic: Potential FA QB's after this year?  (Read 4306 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Potential FA QB's after this year?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

You realize that Geno Smith is a second round pick, right?  "Don't replace him, I know who he is because Jets" 

Also, Chad Henne was a second round pick.  It's OK for you to hop off of his dick now.

If our QB play isn't average in 2014, we will be picking in the top ten.  Maybe top 12.
Well we drafted Geno with Sanchez under contract

I presume that the intention was Geno was going to be a project, and that the odds of him being an immediate starter were less than  likely

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
Smith really doesn't have excuses anymore.

Yeah, we don't have a superstar #1 receiver on the roster.  But with Decker and Amaro added to the roster, the quarterback play should improve...especially in the redzone. 

I don't expect him to take a major leap.  That's not realistic.  I expect him to not be a dumbass out there.
A brand new (expected to  be mediocre ish) rt, his older rg is coming off multiple significant injuries, his LG is going to suck whoever it is, and his lt and center have been in decline.

His number one te isn't very good, his number two is a rookie

And while his receiving corps is much improved, it's probably not safe to say it's good.

Oh and he's got a bunch of running backs who have dealt with multiple injuries over recent year

He certainly still has excuses. But if he's bad this year it doesn't mean he doesn't suck either
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:07:26 PM by dcm1602 »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »
Kind of along the lines of what Heismanberg is saying: if Geno doesn't prove he's the future of this team in 2014, we'll be picking a new guy in 2015. You can't say he doesn't have weapons anymore. He has a reasonable committee of running backs as well as Decker, Amaro, and Kerley for the passing game. If he can't succeed at least reasonably, he's done. (Though you'll know he's done long before December because Vick will be the starting QB already.)

I don't get the idea of rehashed starters anyway. It's rare that a Manning becomes a free agent, or the possibility that Cutler could have hit the open market this past year. Generally, if a QB is available on the market it's because he was a failed starter.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
He certainly still has excuses. But if he's bad this year it doesn't mean he doesn't suck either

Certain fans will make excuses.  If he struggles, he's out. 

This is T-Jack part two if he plays poorly. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: