Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192361 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: The New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #1365 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:09 PM »
I remember you swearing blind that you were done with them if they traded Shumpert.

I'm still very angry about that
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1366 on: May 28, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »
I don't want the Knicks to get Atkinson back so it's probably the right move for them.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1367 on: May 28, 2020, 06:15:03 PM »
You know Thibs had another coaching stop after Chicago right? He had two young stars picked #1 overall in KAT and Wiggins, got Jimmy back, and couldn't do excrement. He outright failed to develop Wiggins (and develop him defensively as would have been expected), and KAT still is derriere defensively.

He's a terrible coach for the modern NBA too with his absolute refusal to rotate players. The development point doesn't seem to make much sense with how Minnesota went. What's the upside with hiring him again?

Lol wut.  Terrible coach for the modern NBA? What time period were those Rose-less Bulls that still got 40 + wins and a trip to the finals playing in, the 80's?

He went to a Minnesota team that was soft as excrement, tried bringing in a little jam to the squad and as soon as Butler got there he saw how soft Wiggins and KAT was and said "freak this." And who can blame him? Andrew Wiggins sucks donkey derriere and KAT will NEVER be a winning player unless he's a third or fourth fiddle on an alpha squad.

He's tough and white!

Boiling a guy down to his skin color as opposed to a very demonstrated resume, how long until you dye your hair blue and start identifying as ze?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1368 on: May 28, 2020, 06:30:09 PM »
Thibs voted for Trump

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1369 on: May 28, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »
Lol wut.  Terrible coach for the modern NBA? What time period were those Rose-less Bulls that still got 40 + wins and a trip to the finals playing in, the 80's?

He went to a Minnesota team that was soft as excrement, tried bringing in a little jam to the squad and as soon as Butler got there he saw how soft Wiggins and KAT was and said "freak this." And who can blame him? Andrew Wiggins sucks donkey derriere and KAT will NEVER be a winning player unless he's a third or fourth fiddle on an alpha squad.

Thibs made the conference finals once, in 2010-11 (i.e. a decade ago), and last made the conference semifinals in 2014-15. To give him the most credit possible, let's use numbers from 2014-15, also his last year in Chicago.

In 2014-15, teams shot 7.8/22.4 on 3s per game (35%) and scored 100 PPG. The league's top offense averaged 110 PPG. And that was at the beginning of the 3-point revolution.

In 2019-20, teams shot 12.1/33.9 on 3s per game (35.7%, averaging 50% more attempted per game) and scored 111 PPG (AVERAGING 1 more than the league's leading scorer in 2014-15). The top scoring team averaged 118.6 PPG.

In 2014-15, Blake Griffin shot 25 3-pointers total in 80 games played. In 2018-19, he shot 7.0 per game.

In 2014-15, Robin Lopez shot 10 3-pointers total. In 2018-19, he shot 6.3 per game.

It's a completely different NBA now. Hiring Thibs would be a pointless hark back to the past unless he's adapted his coaching style, which I'm guessing is unlikely.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1370 on: May 28, 2020, 06:38:18 PM »
Also, Thibs still couldn't accomplish anything with Jimmy on the squad alongside a couple of talented players in a more modern NBA, why would the result be different on the Knicks where it's effectively the same situation minus the talented players and Butler?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1372 on: June 01, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »
lol what a cowardly shithead

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1373 on: June 01, 2020, 08:42:32 PM »
he is such a small fcking man

i will never forget him legitimizing the 'sell the team' chants by the fans by actually using an official team press release to address it. 'while i will not be selling the team,....___' LMFAOO. how fckin sensitive and feeble minded could you be? having this occur as a fan is awesome; he's too dumb to realize how small that line revealed him to be and how writing a press release like that is completely beneath the level of what a team owner should be

this is another doozy of a fckin message. he is a complete fckin joke

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1374 on: June 02, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »
he is such a small fcking man

i will never forget him legitimizing the 'sell the team' chants by the fans by actually using an official team press release to address it. 'while i will not be selling the team,....___' LMFAOO. how fckin sensitive and feeble minded could you be? having this occur as a fan is awesome; he's too dumb to realize how small that line revealed him to be and how writing a press release like that is completely beneath the level of what a team owner should be

this is another doozy of a fckin message. he is a complete fckin joke

Can't disagree with this. We were a good team for 15 years before he took over and not in 20 years since. Can't be a coincidence.

MSG has been showing some good excrement from the early Ewing era, with Mark Jackson, Gerald Wilkins, those were fun teams.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1376 on: June 24, 2020, 08:55:04 AM »
The Knicks are hiring World Wide Wes as an advisor

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1377 on: July 25, 2020, 01:57:10 PM »
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The New York Knicks and Tom Thibodeau are finalizing a five-year deal to make him the franchise’s next coach, sources tell ESPN.

lmao

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1378 on: September 08, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »
Woodson back as an assistant. I always liked him, he's the easiest coach to draw.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1379 on: September 16, 2020, 08:29:50 AM »
The Knicks are putting together a package for Chris Paul.

This team is really gonna trade a ton for a 35 year point guard and bring back Carmelo.

garbage