Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192406 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: 2014-2015 New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:46 PM »
<5% and we would have to make an impressive sign and trade with Melo to bring in some really attractive pieces. ((aka:it's not going to happen, he'll go to Cleveland if he doesn't go back to MIA.

Back to Cleveland? That'll be interesting.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
Thanasis Antetokounmpo could develop into a really good perimeter defender. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
If Carmelo decides to go to Chicago, sign and trade for McBuckets?

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
Realistically what are our chances of landing Lebron? How would we go about doing it?

.0000000001%

the only way is if Phil can package Amare and Bargnani's expiring contract along with some type of asset (THJ, Shumpert, future first, etc) to a team(s) with enough cap space to absorb them while we take little to no salary back.

I was really hoping the Big 3 would all opt in their last years and make another run for it, but they got so destroyed by San Antonio that they decided then they needed a huge shakeup. We would have been in prime position to grab Lebron in 2015.

Maybe he takes a shorter length contract (two years?) to see what Miami can do post Wade in his prime, but I doubt it. I'm fully expecting another 4 year deal and him to remain with Miami, although I think the Rockets have an outside shot.

yay if he goes to the Rockets, i'd love to see the Heat fanbase vanish overnight into thin air. It'd be glorious. They're the last people in the world who deserve championships and a player as good as Lebron.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:46:26 PM by JFIF »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 10:48:30 PM »
.0000000001%

the only way is if Phil can package Amare and Bargnani's expiring contract along with some type of asset (THJ, Shumpert, future first, etc) to a team(s) with enough cap space to absorb them while we take little to no salary back.

I was really hoping the Big 3 would all opt in their last years and make another run for it, but they got so destroyed by San Antonio that they decided then they needed a huge shakeup. We would have been in prime position to grab Lebron in 2015.

Maybe he takes a shorter length contract (two years?) to see what Miami can swing, but I doubt it. I'm fully expecting another 4 year deal and him to remain with Miami, although I think the Rockets have an outside shot.

yay if he goes to the Rockets, i'd love to see the Heat fanbase vanish overnight into thin air. It'd be glorious
Well with wade being kind of beat up, I've read that they expect him not to opt out

So if you're LeBron, do you really want a  4 or 5 year deal when you don't know your reams future

At least in Houston or something he'd have some guarantees.

Going to Miami has its risks

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 01:57:52 AM »
Well with wade being kind of beat up, I've read that they expect him not to opt out

So if you're LeBron, do you really want a  4 or 5 year deal when you don't know your reams future

At least in Houston or something he'd have some guarantees.

Going to Miami has its risks

Wade will opt out.

They'll offer him somethjng like 55-60 mil over 4 years so he has an incentive to opt out but while also lowering his annual salary.

He'll take it because there's no way he'll make 7-10 million at 35 and 36 years old especially factoring in his health.

It's kind of a shitty deal for the Heat long term but they have to lower his cap number to keep Lebron there and be able to add other guys. That frees up 6 mil or so a year alone to go out and get someone, not including Lebron or bosh's potential paycuts.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:00:29 AM by JFIF »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 08:46:38 AM »
Wade will opt out.

They'll offer him somethjng like 55-60 mil over 4 years so he has an incentive to opt out but while also lowering his annual salary.

He'll take it because there's no way he'll make 7-10 million at 35 and 36 years old especially factoring in his health.

It's kind of a shitty deal for the Heat long term but they have to lower his cap number to keep Lebron there and be able to add other guys. That frees up 6 mil or so a year alone to go out and get someone, not including Lebron or bosh's potential paycuts.
I'm not so convinced that makes sense for either of them

Wades set to make 42 million ish over 2 years. Giving that up atm would be pretty absurd

And if you're the heat do you really want to give him a chunk of cash over 4 years

I mean if Wade is the key to getting LeBron back then you do it. Gut I jus t don't think it is

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 08:50:06 AM »
I'm not so convinced that makes sense for either of them

There's report out that both Wade and Bosh will opt out and re-sign to smaller, team-friendly deals. 

It's realistic. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
What to make of this

Sources told ESPN.com that Knicks officials, while not willing to trumpet it publicly with free agency fast approaching, are quietly confident about their odds of retaining Anthony thanks in part to the idea that new team president Phil Jackson and the high-scoring forward have "connected" to some degree. 

Furthermore, one source close to the process told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne that Jackson is planning to make a determined attempt to try to recruit his former Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol to replace the freshly traded Tyson Chandler alongside Anthony on the Knicks' front line, despite the fact New York is limited to offering Gasol less than $4 million for next season. 

How good could the Knicks and their misfit bunch be next year if they retained Anthony got Gasol and didn't make any other major changes?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
What to make of this

Sources told ESPN.com that Knicks officials, while not willing to trumpet it publicly with free agency fast approaching, are quietly confident about their odds of retaining Anthony thanks in part to the idea that new team president Phil Jackson and the high-scoring forward have "connected" to some degree.

Furthermore, one source close to the process told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne that Jackson is planning to make a determined attempt to try to recruit his former Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol to replace the freshly traded Tyson Chandler alongside Anthony on the Knicks' front line, despite the fact New York is limited to offering Gasol less than $4 million for next season.

How good could the Knicks and their misfit bunch be next year if they retained Anthony got Gasol and didn't make any other major changes?
Or I guess the better question is, how good could they be once amare and his excrement contract expire in a year?

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11148045/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-chances-eye-pau-gasol

From the same article you didn't link...
It also must be noted as July 1 draws near that the Bulls and Rockets have likewise been radiating no shortage of positivity about their chances of stealing Anthony away from the Knicks.

Everyone thinks they can land Melo. The Mavs are in a great spot to land Melo, too. If Melo had to choose, does he take Pau or does he take Dirk/Chandler? Does he take Rose/Noah? Suffice, theres not much to make of it at all.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 02:07:12 PM »

6 to 8 seed at best.

A starting five of

Calderon
Hardaway Jr.
Anthony
Stoudemire
Gasol

with JR, Shump, Dalembert, Bargs, and Early coming off the bench isn't too bad, but they won't be better than Indiana and Miami.  Teams like Charlotte and Washington will be better.  If the Knicks retain Melo and get Pau on the cheap, they'll still be a middle of the pack team. 

I don't want him to come back.  He won't make that much of a difference right now. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:13:39 PM by Heismanberg »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »
Let Houston have Carmelo.  Knicks will take Chandler Parsons. 

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »
Get Pau and TD23. Championship

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE