Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192675 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: The New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 27, 2020, 11:34:32 PM »
How is Thibs going to get trash derriere players into character? Most of the entire team talent wise is trash, and hiring Thibs will do nothing to change that.

Other than Barrett, Mitch, and Dotson as a bench/role player, everybody else on the team is trash with absolutely no future on the team

Thibs can be an poopchute, I could see him being a prick to the beat writers who will bitch and moan, and I could see him telling Dolan to freak off if trust-fund baby Jim wants to get involved in personnel decisions.

He knows how to develop young talent and his players play for him. Jimmy Butler blossomed into a star under his watch, who knows what the team would've achieved if Rose doesn't get hurt. His firing from Chicago was handled horribly by GarPax and while hindsight is 20-20, the fans wanted them gone and him in charge which would've been the correct decision to make.

I understand the desire for Atkinson, he's proven to have been able to mold a young roster into a cohesive team and get younger players to play at or over their heads for him. He's also coached in New York even if Brooklyn isn't MSG and the Nets are the red-headed stepchild.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either in your position, but as you said it's all about the talent and the cupboard doesn't have much behind RJ and Mitch.

Knicks are going to trade RJ Barrett and Mitch for a washed former superstar and then sign Chris Paul to play point.

The team will be an eighth seed and then crumble ASAP.

Sounds about right.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1351 on: May 28, 2020, 12:08:45 AM »
I realise that Frank was drafted too high and has failed to show really much of anything so far, but he's still really young and with some good coaching I think there's maybe a decent player in there. I don't think he's ever going to be anything special but I wouldn't give up on him just yet, he has shown signs of being able to play some decent defense and I think he's got the potential to at least be a bench player.

for the next couple of years of his life frank ntilikina will make a living in the nba based off of his 'defensive' reputation, but i kid you not this is the biggest fvcking myth in the league. he certainly looks the part and has the length/body to be an elite nba defender, but he's just a fckin high effort try-hard on that end of the court without anything to show for it. opposing guards come to MSG and clap his fcking cheeks on the regular all the fcking time. this is not hyperbole, this occurs on the fckin regular. enough is e-freaking-nough. he is not worth the words i am giving to this post

his knick career is literally being held up right now by fans who are, and i again want to iterate that this is not hyperbole, borderline gay for him and literally go crazy over any little menial thing that he does. they literally jerk off to the 'drip' he wears prior to arriving to the games like it's a fcking accomplishment, and to top it all off he doesn't even fcking dress well. 5 PPG derriere player 3 years in a row for the 8th overall pick, let's call a spade a spade.

i honestly cannot think of anybody else in the league that comes away with so little from the supposed 'talent' or 'potential' they seem to possess. everything else aside, that would make him the worst player in the league for me, but then i remember that this team also has dennis sniff jr

there is nothing enjoyable about this team. there is so much truth to what heismanberg posted. we can postulate about the moves that the knicks could and should make, but chances are more than anything we'll trade RJ and Mitch to go for guys like chris paul and kevin love. MSG will continue to sell out

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1352 on: May 28, 2020, 12:33:05 AM »
for the next couple of years of his life frank ntilikina will make a living in the nba based off of his 'defensive' reputation, but i kid you not this is the biggest fvcking myth in the league. he certainly looks the part and has the length/body to be an elite nba defender, but he's just a fckin high effort try-hard on that end of the court without anything to show for it. opposing guards come to MSG and clap his fcking cheeks on the regular all the fcking time. this is not hyperbole, this occurs on the fckin regular. enough is e-freaking-nough. he is not worth the words i am giving to this post

his knick career is literally being held up right now by fans who are, and i again want to iterate that this is not hyperbole, borderline gay for him and literally go crazy over any little menial thing that he does. they literally jerk off to the 'drip' he wears prior to arriving to the games like it's a fcking accomplishment, and to top it all off he doesn't even fcking dress well. 5 PPG derriere player 3 years in a row for the 8th overall pick, let's call a spade a spade.

i honestly cannot think of anybody else in the league that comes away with so little from the supposed 'talent' or 'potential' they seem to possess. everything else aside, that would make him the worst player in the league for me, but then i remember that this team also has dennis sniff jr

there is nothing enjoyable about this team. there is so much truth to what heismanberg posted. we can postulate about the moves that the knicks could and should make, but chances are more than anything we'll trade RJ and Mitch to go for guys like chris paul and kevin love. MSG will continue to sell out
Dude, I've got nothing. I bow to you on this one.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1353 on: May 28, 2020, 02:00:57 PM »
Most of it is going to depend on Rose and what players he brings in. I'd keep Miller, but as long as we keep RJ and Mitch Robinson, that's what matters.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1354 on: May 28, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »
early days but i'm already sour on rose. this is purely based off of his decision to retain perry. there is no denying perry's involvement in the absolutely horrible roster construction and 'cap space management' of this team, and a decision to keep him is indefensible. retaining him either points to incompetence or laziness on rose's part, neither of which is a good look

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1355 on: May 28, 2020, 03:18:04 PM »
Most of it is going to depend on Rose and what players he brings in. I'd keep Miller, but as long as we keep RJ and Mitch Robinson, that's what matters.

I'd trade both of them for Donovan Mitchell. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1356 on: May 28, 2020, 03:31:11 PM »
Thibs can be an poopchute, I could see him being a prick to the beat writers who will bitch and moan, and I could see him telling Dolan to freak off if trust-fund baby Jim wants to get involved in personnel decisions.

He knows how to develop young talent and his players play for him. Jimmy Butler blossomed into a star under his watch, who knows what the team would've achieved if Rose doesn't get hurt. His firing from Chicago was handled horribly by GarPax and while hindsight is 20-20, the fans wanted them gone and him in charge which would've been the correct decision to make.

I understand the desire for Atkinson, he's proven to have been able to mold a young roster into a cohesive team and get younger players to play at or over their heads for him. He's also coached in New York even if Brooklyn isn't MSG and the Nets are the red-headed stepchild.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either in your position, but as you said it's all about the talent and the cupboard doesn't have much behind RJ and Mitch.

Sounds about right.

You know Thibs had another coaching stop after Chicago right? He had two young stars picked #1 overall in KAT and Wiggins, got Jimmy back, and couldn't do excrement. He outright failed to develop Wiggins (and develop him defensively as would have been expected), and KAT still is derriere defensively.

He's a terrible coach for the modern NBA too with his absolute refusal to rotate players. The development point doesn't seem to make much sense with how Minnesota went. What's the upside with hiring him again?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1357 on: May 28, 2020, 03:35:43 PM »
What's the upside with hiring him again?

He's tough and white!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1358 on: May 28, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »
Pretty sure Andrew Wiggins just sucks, but I get your point

Actually, he doesn't suck, he's just soft

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1359 on: May 28, 2020, 03:38:26 PM »
Pretty sure Andrew Wiggins just sucks, but I get your point

Yeah moreso a point about how Thibs, the supposed defensive mastermind, couldn't even get anything out of a guy that (at least when drafted) was seen as having the potential to be the best defensive wing in the NBA.

And if that's the case then I don't see how he would make any sense as a hire at all besides he was a good (defensive) coach in the era before NBA teams made it rain from 3 no matter what, which means effectively nothing now

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1360 on: May 28, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »
Yeah moreso a point about how Thibs, the supposed defensive mastermind, couldn't even get anything out of a guy that (at least when drafted) was seen as having the potential to be the best defensive wing in the NBA.

And if that's the case then I don't see how he would make any sense as a hire at all besides he was a good (defensive) coach in the era before NBA teams made it rain from 3 no matter what, which means effectively nothing now

It's the case because Frank Ntilikina is the best defensive player in the history of the NBA, so Thibs won't have to coach him. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1361 on: May 28, 2020, 03:51:23 PM »
It's the case because Frank Ntilikina is the best defensive player in the history of the NBA, so Thibs won't have to coach him. 

LOL, I didn't realise you lot were so sensitive about him. I only suggested that he might still be serviceable with some good coaching, I apologise for striking a nerve I didn't know was so sore!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1362 on: May 28, 2020, 03:54:14 PM »
LOL, I didn't realise you lot were so sensitive about him. I only suggested that he might still be serviceable with some good coaching, I apologise for striking a nerve I didn't know was so sore!

The Knicks passed on Dennis Smith Jr. for Frank, regretted it, then traded the best player the franchise has had in decades for DSJ.

Smith is also terrible and why do I follow this excrement team?  freak my life. 

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1363 on: May 28, 2020, 03:58:12 PM »

Frank looked ok for the French team that one time.

I expect absolutely nothing of value from the Knicks anyway, so meh. No one on the team is particularly special or good. Mitch and RJ are just alright pieces and there's nothing else, which is hilariously sad for a team that's been bad for the good part of two decades and hasn't won more than 32 games in half a decade.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1364 on: May 28, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »
The Knicks passed on Dennis Smith Jr. for Frank, regretted it, then traded the best player the franchise has had in decades for DSJ.

Smith is also terrible and why do I follow this excrement team?  freak my life. 

I remember you swearing blind that you were done with them if they traded Shumpert.