Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192203 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: The New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #1335 on: March 04, 2020, 09:00:26 AM »
We have good young players and a lot of picks coming up. Usually on a message board that makes everyone happy.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1336 on: March 04, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »
We have good young players and a lot of picks coming up. Usually on a message board that makes everyone happy.

the NYK developmental staff/program is excrement

advanced stats/analytics department is severely underfunded and more or less non-existent. there is no fvcking excuse for this

we don't have 'good young players'. we have two pieces to continue building with in the future - RJ and Mitch, and both are still very, very imperfect players. there is also something off mentally with Mitch. Frank Ntilikina is fvcking garbage. Knox is trash, weak, a pvssy, and the ugliest nigga in the NBA. there is nobody else to talk about, everybody else is either old/no future here, and/or just plain excrement and overpaid

the outlook of this team, even with the same record, would look DRASTICALLY different, in a good way, with KP still on this team. KP - Mitch - RJ is a solid fvcking young trio to build around. we don't have that

we have picks. you cannot trust the FO or developmental team here to do anything right with those picks. homer knick fans are up in arms about the extra picks we have; they're all going to be in the 24-30 range and chances are will only be replacement level players at best that can be found in FA every year, not 'difference makers' to a franchise.

knick fans are still happy. this is what allows dolan to bone them in the derriere every single year of their lives, and they keep coming back for more

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1337 on: March 04, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
KP is finally starting to return to form as well. gonna be so fvcking good watching a pure shooting 7'3 big man that can rebound and play D twerk on the league while the knicks languish with fvcking trash and cap space fodder like julius randle, bobby portis et al LMFAO

fvck you steve mills

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1338 on: March 04, 2020, 09:53:37 AM »
The fact that the Knicks weren't willing to include Knox in any AD discussion tells you how absurdly they mis/overvalue their own talent.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1339 on: March 04, 2020, 10:06:03 AM »

advanced stats/analytics department is severely underfunded and more or less non-existent. there is no fvcking excuse for this

we don't have 'good young players'. we have two pieces to continue building with in the future - RJ and Mitch, and both are still very, very imperfect players. there is also something off mentally with Mitch. Frank Ntilikina is fvcking garbage. Knox is trash, weak, a pvssy, and the ugliest nigga in the NBA. there is nobody else to talk about, everybody else is either old/no future here, and/or just plain excrement and overpaid

the outlook of this team, even with the same record, would look DRASTICALLY different, in a good way, with KP still on this team. KP - Mitch - RJ is a solid fvcking young trio to build around. we don't have that

we have picks. you cannot trust the FO or developmental team here to do anything right with those picks. homer knick fans are up in arms about the extra picks we have; they're all going to be in the 24-30 range and chances are will only be replacement level players at best that can be found in FA every year, not 'difference makers' to a franchise.

knick fans are still happy. this is what allows dolan to bone them in the derriere every single year of their lives, and they keep coming back for more

I agree about Knox completely, I've seen enough. Still have hopes for Frank, he can be a key piece of a good team if not a star. RJ and Mitch are the keys, haven't given up totally on Dennis Smith Jr, write this year off, he's 24, had a lot of excrement to deal with. Of these seven picks or whatever we need to land 2-3 good players, I'd personally keep Miller, he seems to know what he's doing. We're not in bad cap shape, a lot of short contracts, we can hopefully do what Philly did a couple years back.

Of course this is optimistic, best-case scenario, but it's not impossible.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1340 on: March 04, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »

I again point to this post: https://reddit.com/r/datascience/comments/ew910q/how_to_make_a_career_in_data_analysis_in_sports/fg38t2d/

It's hilariously sad. I've stopped caring about the team until Dolan is gone, because I don't know how the hell the Knicks will ever win in the NBA without completely lucking into it, despite them still somehow being the most valuable franchise in the league

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1341 on: March 04, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
There's a lot of "worst owner in sports" talk about different guys.

Dolan is the worst owner in sports. It's not even a contest. The house his team plays in is legendary. Some of the all-time best players had career games there. And the organization can't convince star free agents to come--in a sport where you can offer a player exactly as much as the maximum anyone else can.

https://twitter.com/cbcjlong/status/1235223784707231747?s=19

Your move, Dolan.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1342 on: May 27, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »
Knicks are bringing in Atkinson for an interview according to Ian Begley.

Why wouldn't you guys just hire Thibs and be done with it. He might be an ornery fucker but the son of a bitch can coach.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1343 on: May 27, 2020, 07:00:56 PM »
Knicks are bringing in Atkinson for an interview according to Ian Begley.

Why wouldn't you guys just hire Thibs and be done with it. He might be an ornery fucker but the son of a bitch can coach.

Thibs is the front-runner, but I'd prefer Atkinson. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1344 on: May 27, 2020, 07:22:56 PM »
if the team truly is dedicating themselves to team/youth development via the draft, atkinson would be the best choice as HC for a team like that

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1345 on: May 27, 2020, 08:16:43 PM »
Hiring Thibs would be awful, so it's probably what the Knicks will do

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1346 on: May 27, 2020, 08:56:22 PM »
Get Thibs to get these jerkoffs in character

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1347 on: May 27, 2020, 09:49:19 PM »
Get Thibs to get these jerkoffs in character

How is Thibs going to get trash derriere players into character? Most of the entire team talent wise is trash, and hiring Thibs will do nothing to change that.

Other than Barrett, Mitch, and Dotson as a bench/role player, everybody else on the team is trash with absolutely no future on the team

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1348 on: May 27, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
Other than Barrett, Mitch, and Dotson as a bench/role player, everybody else on the team is trash with absolutely no future on the team

Knicks are going to trade RJ Barrett and Mitch for a washed former superstar and then sign Chris Paul to play point.

The team will be an eighth seed and then crumble ASAP.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1349 on: May 27, 2020, 10:18:20 PM »
How is Thibs going to get trash derriere players into character? Most of the entire team talent wise is trash, and hiring Thibs will do nothing to change that.

I realise that Frank was drafted too high and has failed to show really much of anything so far, but he's still really young and with some good coaching I think there's maybe a decent player in there. I don't think he's ever going to be anything special but I wouldn't give up on him just yet, he has shown signs of being able to play some decent defense and I think he's got the potential to at least be a bench player.
A cross-dressing limey poofter