Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192642 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: The New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #1320 on: February 07, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »
lmao. the official press release from james dolan via the NYK actually has him saying, in quotes, 'while i am not selling the team...' before explaining how he is going about changing the FO.

talk about a freaking reactionary piece of excrement with an insanely fragile ego. that line confirmed it. all of this excrement literally came from a few hundred fans yelling 'sell the team' at the garden last week. if they didn't do that, things would be exactly the same, mills would still be here

he needs to freaking go

The parallels between him and Reinsdorf are insane.

I'll give Dolan this-at least he spends. Jerry's been living off of the result of Portland taking Sam Bowie over a certain shooting guard from UNC for forty freaking years.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1321 on: March 03, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »
Leon Rose 1-0 as team president. freak Hardin and Houston, good win.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1322 on: March 03, 2020, 12:19:25 PM »
Dolan freaking with Spike Lee enough to make Spike bail on the season is the most Dolaniest thing
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1323 on: March 03, 2020, 12:23:38 PM »
Dolan freaking with Spike Lee enough to make Spike bail on the season is the most Dolaniest thing

I'm ok with it.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1324 on: March 03, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7Wwi3ERXs

say what you fvcking want about spike as a fan, it doesn't matter. he has literally rocked with this dumbass team through thick and thin and has given dolan tens of millions of dollars as a fan

this is the worst fvcking organization of all time. you can't make this excrement up. all the fvcking bullshit about leon rose and a 'new beginning' and on the same fvcking night, THE SAME FVCKING NIGHT, they show they learned NOTHING from the oakley incident and do something like this to arguably their most diehard fan. it's just plain fvcking stupid, but it keeps happening, no matter who is in charge. it stems from the very fvcking top. again, THE SAME FVCKING NIGHT rose takes over, who by the way took over WITHOUT A PRESS CONFERENCE because of the authoritarian fvcking regime the MSG org is with regards to access to media, excrement like this happens. what the fvck

watch the clips. spike saying that MSG staff are walking on eggshells in fear of their job security goes in line exactly with guiness' story about what he observed regarding dolan's behavior towards employees

spike wasn't even going to say anything until after the knicks dropped their own BS press release about their version of the events that happened, which were apparently completely fvcking fabricated. this is what they do, this totalitarian fvcking joke of an organization. do dumb, stupid excrement, do not let anybody speak to anybody, release lies in press releases and run smear campaigns to always make it look like they can't be doing any wrong

dolan along with jeff wilpon keeps proving himself to be one of the most historic pieces of excrement of all time. get them the fvck out of NY

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1325 on: March 03, 2020, 12:37:28 PM »
spin artists, they're not a basketball organization, just a fvcking congregation of spin artists

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1326 on: March 03, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »
the fvcking state of these press releases LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

'while i am not selling the team......'

'spike lee and james dolan were shaking hands by the end of the night' LOLOLOL

you cannot find propaganda like this since the fvcking nazi regime

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1327 on: March 03, 2020, 01:04:24 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is for Spike to use the VIP entrance instead of the employee entrance as he's been asked to do. But you know what, if I was Spike, and I had to sit through the absolute disaster this franchise has been, spending the money I spend, I guess I might take issue with it as well.

Given the Knicks absolutely toxic culture on a myriad of levels, this isn't the fight they want to pick. They cultivated the idea that Spike was their super-fan for the better part of thirty years. This couldn't have waited until after the season?! What is the big deal. Is it worth the PR nightmare that they've now asked for by alienating a guy who as d sw0rdz brought up is not only synonymous with the franchise, has not only been a fixture even during the lean years, but has dumped at the very least hundreds of thousands if not 7 figures into the team by virtue of having courtside seemingly forever?

And the spin. LMAO. They are so incredibly inept.

Mets fans get ready-the rumor is Dolan is the interested party in terms of buying the team.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1328 on: March 03, 2020, 02:02:18 PM »
When I was a kid, I'd be irritated at the attitude that Spike was the epitome of the Knicks superfan. I always thought like "What? I'm a superfan who can't afford to just buy courtside seats and not have to work!"

But the reality is, he's stuck with this shitshow of an organization for far longer than I did.

Dolan is trash. He loves to show off celebrities at the Garden when it's convenient, but he's always happy to excrement on people too. He's an awful person and he needs to be out of sports completely.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1329 on: March 03, 2020, 02:05:29 PM »
My favorite Dolan clown story is a few years back. The Eagles, an all-time band, were playing the Garden. Dolan worked it into the show contract that he had to open the show with his band.

James. freaking. Dolan.

Opening for The Eagles.

At Madison Square Garden.

On the way in, everyone on line was laughing about it because we were all going in just as his set was ending.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1330 on: March 03, 2020, 02:15:38 PM »
My favorite Dolan clown story is a few years back. The Eagles, an all-time band, were playing the Garden. Dolan worked it into the show contract that he had to open the show with his band.

James. freaking. Dolan.

Opening for The Eagles.

At Madison Square Garden.

On the way in, everyone on line was laughing about it because we were all going in just as his set was ending.

That is unbelievable.

JD and the Straight Shot opening for The Eagles is like Spike Owen hitting in front of Joe Dimaggio.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #1331 on: March 03, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »
Damn. It just never stops with this guy.

I’d rather keep Wilpon than Dolan. How sad is that?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1332 on: March 03, 2020, 05:52:54 PM »
Damn. It just never stops with this guy.

I’d rather keep Wilpon than Dolan. How sad is that?

There's a lot of "worst owner in sports" talk about different guys.

Dolan is the worst owner in sports. It's not even a contest. The house his team plays in is legendary. Some of the all-time best players had career games there. And the organization can't convince star free agents to come--in a sport where you can offer a player exactly as much as the maximum anyone else can.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1333 on: March 03, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is for Spike to use the VIP entrance instead of the employee entrance as he's been asked to do. But you know what, if I was Spike, and I had to sit through the absolute disaster this franchise has been, spending the money I spend, I guess I might take issue with it as well.

Given the Knicks absolutely toxic culture on a myriad of levels, this isn't the fight they want to pick. They cultivated the idea that Spike was their super-fan for the better part of thirty years. This couldn't have waited until after the season?! What is the big deal. Is it worth the PR nightmare that they've now asked for by alienating a guy who as d sw0rdz brought up is not only synonymous with the franchise, has not only been a fixture even during the lean years, but has dumped at the very least hundreds of thousands if not 7 figures into the team by virtue of having courtside seemingly forever?

And the spin. LMAO. They are so incredibly inept.

Mets fans get ready-the rumor is Dolan is the interested party in terms of buying the team.
Agreed, but if his story is legit, you could have just said next time can you use the other entrance. 

No semblance of empathy

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1334 on: March 03, 2020, 09:16:24 PM »
There's a lot of "worst owner in sports" talk about different guys.

Dolan is the worst owner in sports. It's not even a contest. The house his team plays in is legendary. Some of the all-time best players had career games there. And the organization can't convince star free agents to come--in a sport where you can offer a player exactly as much as the maximum anyone else can.

I'm still putting Melnyk up against him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter