Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192549 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: The New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 20, 2019, 08:02:54 PM »
Ah that old chestnut, the "you don't understand because you haven't played to the level I have" card. Todd Haley never played football, Jon Cooper never played hockey, Arrigo Sacchi barely played soccer. You don't need to have played to a high level to have a reasonable understanding of a sport - equally I've played a couple of sports to an OK competitive level and can tell you that some of the most talented players I've ever played with didn't have a freaking clue at times, they needed coaching to get the best out of them and they couldn't watch a tape and tell you what was going on to save their lives, so save that bullshit.

Robinson goes for the ball with Lowry, but as Lowry wins it and turns away Robinson turns the corner with him which is what causes him to trip over Lowry's trailing leg and crash onto him. It's a naive move born out of a rookie desire to win every ball regardless of situation, and you can't blame a veteran player for being annoyed about him overplaying the situation and creating an unnecessary injury. I thought Kyle, as usual, handled things pretty well post game - he called it as it was, and passed it off as a rookie error without malice.

I already said that it wasn't an intentional play but it was still freaking dumb. I can't speak for people talking excrement on Twitter and Instagram, I don't use either because they're both cesspits filled with idiots. Maybe if you did the same and didn't get yourself all verklempt about them you'd be able to see a simple joke on JO for what it is.

we can agree to disagree

i brought up that 'chestnut' as it was directly applicable to the situation regarding a player's effort over a scrutinized play. you're doing the same in bringing up a contrasting platitude in 'you can know about a game without ever actually having played that game', but i'm sorry, i don't think that's applicable to this situation. the fundamental thing being disagreed on here is the necessity of robinson's actions, where you and lowry seem to be on the bandwagon that it was 'naive' or clueless.

i don't think it was. with his size and athleticism, robinson's 2nd and 3rd effort is what takes him over the top as a special, young talent. it's why he's 3rd in the leage in blocks as an insanely raw rookie, it's why he's setting records for us for consecutive games with a block. a play like that may be a byproduct of the package robinson brings, but i don't think it's a needless trait. i hope it's something he never loses as he gets older and becomes a more 'seasoned, experienced' player.

you honestly hit the nail on the head before. if we want to talk about 'preventing unnecessary injury' in a highly physical/competitive game like basketball, tell your coach to sit lowry in a meaningless game when they are up 50 against the new york freaking knicks, the worst team in the league and honestly one of the worst franchises of all time. forgive me for finding all of the crocodile tears over this near injury annoying when we know your coach already understands the value of star players in meaningless games by deciding to sit leonard.

i spend little, but more, time on twitter than i do instagram, where my time is nearly nil, but all you need is an internet connection and 30 seconds to have found out that that sort of excrement happened on social media, and it doesn't make toronto niggas less annoying, and it doesn't mean i'm too 'emotional'. i don't know how you can throw that stuff in my face when you've literally made several posts within the past day about how annoyed you were about a post made by OBJ on instagram.

i apologize if any of my annoyance around the reaction to the play was unnecessarily aimed at you

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1111 on: March 20, 2019, 08:21:22 PM »

we can agree to disagree

i apologize if any of my annoyance around the reaction to the play was unnecessarily aimed at you

We can, no apology is necessary and JIKY.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1112 on: March 21, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
They were so bad to watch.

The only guys who didn't look like they were playing a pickup game in the park were Jordan and Hezonja. Guys are out there shooting 3s bowlegged with open men down low.

I don't know squat about Fizdale, but they looked like a terribly coached team that doesn't care a lick about fundamentals. I understand this isn't the same game as when I was 20 years younger, but FFS Utah at least played defense.

Literally, every person I spoke to last night said they haven't watched a Knicks game in years. Also, the Garden was maybe 3/4 full, if that, and I'd say 15-20% of the crowd was Utah fans.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1113 on: March 21, 2019, 01:37:33 PM »
They were so bad to watch.

The only guys who didn't look like they were playing a pickup game in the park were Jordan and Hezonja. Guys are out there shooting 3s bowlegged with open men down low.

I don't know squat about Fizdale, but they looked like a terribly coached team that doesn't care a lick about fundamentals. I understand this isn't the same game as when I was 20 years younger, but FFS Utah at least played defense.

Literally, every person I spoke to last night said they haven't watched a Knicks game in years. Also, the Garden was maybe 3/4 full, if that, and I'd say 15-20% of the crowd was Utah fans.

I went to one game this year, on MLK which was my birthday. I'm as big a Knicks fan as there is and I watch most games live or on DVR, but going in the city to watch what they've been doing is just more money than it's worth. Been to one Jet game in each of the last two seasons, too.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1114 on: March 30, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1115 on: March 30, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »
On the February trade call to finalize the Dallas-New York deal, the Knicks informed the Mavericks of the pending rape allegation against Kristaps Porzingis, league sources tell ESPN. The league office had been previously made aware of the allegations.

Woj
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1116 on: March 31, 2019, 10:20:24 AM »
seems telling, nobody seems to buy the allegations all that much in the league.

not to mention she claims it was the night he tore his acl, which lets just say, is suspect.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1117 on: April 01, 2019, 10:24:50 AM »
ESPN obtained a series of text messages between the woman and Porzingis, as well as emails between her and the Knicks. The texts and emails portray a woman who wanted to pursue a romantic relationship with Porzingis in the aftermath of the alleged assault in February 2018, but who also wanted him to honor what she says was his commitment to contribute $68,000 to a college fund for her brother.

In the handwritten letter that she described as a contractual agreement with Porzingis for payment of $68,000 -- a copy of which was obtained by ESPN -- Porzingis' name is misspelled and it is unclear whether the signature belongs to him.

Besides the $68,000 payment, the woman also wanted the Knicks to assist in the return of a pair of sandals she termed her "favorite Jordan gray and orange slides." She also had texted Porzingis for the return of the shoes, and he acknowledged she left them in his apartment.

If you don’t believe her you’re part of the problem

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1118 on: April 01, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »
seems telling, nobody seems to buy the allegations all that much in the league.

not to mention she claims it was the night he tore his acl, which lets just say, is suspect.

That makes it harder to believe.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1119 on: April 01, 2019, 12:47:01 PM »
she sounds like a fvcking thot

'favorite jordan gray and orange slides'

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1120 on: April 01, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
A win on Robinson's birthday. 15 wins!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1121 on: April 07, 2019, 02:50:39 PM »
w/ the NBA's worst record this season, here are the Knicks odds for each pick:
#1: 14.0%
#2: 13.4%
#3: 12.7%
#4: 12.0%
#5: 47.9%

Here were the odds for the team that finished with the worst record last year:
#1: 25.0%
#2: 21.5%
#3: 17.8%
#4: 35.7%
#5: 0%

This is bullshit

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1122 on: April 07, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
the knicks are getting the 5th pick lol

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1123 on: April 08, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »
Nice win last night. DSJ dribbled away from them trying to foul and threw one down after the buzzer.

Mitchell Robinson is just playing out of his mind and he's like 20.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1124 on: April 10, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »
Winning streak. freak the Bulls.