Author Topic: The New York Knicks Thread  (Read 192568 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: The New York Knicks Thread
« Reply #1095 on: March 19, 2019, 08:53:53 PM »
Anyone see the end of Sunday's game? Hezonia with a block on LeBron for the win. Nice.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1096 on: March 20, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
Our biggest vendor is hosting us at the game tonight. I've never been to MSG for a game before, so this should be fun. I don't remember the last time I actually watched this team though, so anything I should know going in (other than they aren't good)?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1097 on: March 20, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »
Our biggest vendor is hosting us at the game tonight. I've never been to MSG for a game before, so this should be fun. I don't remember the last time I actually watched this team though, so anything I should know going in (other than they aren't good)?

You should know that Mitchell Robinson is a clumsy disrespectful poopchute.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1098 on: March 20, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »

Enjoy the young guys, Robinson, Trier, Dotson, all could be keepers.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1099 on: March 20, 2019, 03:38:09 PM »

Hahaha, okay

Enjoy the young guys, Robinson, Trier, Dotson, all could be keepers.

Meh, I'm really going for the free booze and food. I'll probably come back next season if they manage those max deals plus get the #1 pick. They'll find a way to screw it up, I'm sure, but there's always the dream until it dies.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1100 on: March 20, 2019, 04:38:06 PM »

this is a crappy take

mitch hustles all game every game and was fighting for a loose ball, ended up on the ground, and lowry happened to be in the way. nothing negative or malicious behind it, and, most importantly, lowry is going to be okay.

there is nothing here, but all is see/hear is canadians whining

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1101 on: March 20, 2019, 04:38:23 PM »
...but there's always the dream until it dies.

We're Jet fans, it's what we do. Have fun.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1102 on: March 20, 2019, 04:39:15 PM »
this is a crappy take

mitch hustles all game every game and was fighting for a loose ball, ended up on the ground, and lowry happened to be in the way. nothing negative or malicious behind it, and, most importantly, lowry is going to be okay.

This too. He's a good young player, arguably the biggest bright spot of the season for the Knicks.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1103 on: March 20, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »
This too. He's a good young player, arguably the biggest bright spot of the season for the Knicks.

he is the only young player on the knicks guaranteed a future with us right now

the next is dotson who's confirmed he will be a very good role player off the bench

ntilikina may be gone by next year

DSJ becomes redundant if FO's plan is to sign somebody like kyrie

knox has shown flashes but is still very inconsistent/raw, and looks/plays aloof, which is annoying

trier started off hot but has cooled considerably.

we are a team that used to have porzingis

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1104 on: March 20, 2019, 05:02:00 PM »
he is the only young player on the knicks guaranteed a future with us right now

the next is dotson who's confirmed he will be a very good role player off the bench

ntilikina may be gone by next year

DSJ becomes redundant if FO's plan is to sign somebody like kyrie

knox has shown flashes but is still very inconsistent/raw, and looks/plays aloof, which is annoying

trier started off hot but has cooled considerably.

we are a team that used to have porzingis

All true. I'm good with the trade, though.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1105 on: March 20, 2019, 05:31:07 PM »
this is a crappy take

It was a excrement play. I'm just teasing and I don't really have a problem with Robinson, especially as Lowry is going to be fine and probably shouldn't have been on the court at the time anyway, but that was a horrible crappy play. The ball wasn't loose, he'd already lost out and Kyle was dribbling away from Robinson with his off hand when he lunged in and fell on Kyle's ankle.

Watch it again:

https://www.bardown.com/kyle-lowry-weighs-in-on-the-play-with-mitchell-robinson-that-sent-him-limping-to-the-room-1.1275673

It's a dumb play with zero chance of winning the ball. I don't think there was intent to injure but Lowry has every right to be pissed about it, because it's really stupid and unnecessary.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1106 on: March 20, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »
All true. I'm good with the trade, though.

it's still one of the worst trades of all time

never has a team so needlessly given up on the amount of potential/upside shown by porzingis already just to free themselves of bad contracts they unnecessarily dug themselves into in the first place, prior to a mega-summer that everybody knew was coming for years

the only media personality that has the courage to call this deal for what it is is max kellerman. thinking about this deal still leaves me in a very sour mood

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1107 on: March 20, 2019, 05:54:42 PM »
It was a excrement play. I'm just teasing and I don't really have a problem with Robinson, especially as Lowry is going to be fine and probably shouldn't have been on the court at the time anyway, but that was a horrible crappy play. The ball wasn't loose, he'd already lost out and Kyle was dribbling away from Robinson with his off hand when he lunged in and fell on Kyle's ankle.

Watch it again:

https://www.bardown.com/kyle-lowry-weighs-in-on-the-play-with-mitchell-robinson-that-sent-him-limping-to-the-room-1.1275673

It's a dumb play with zero chance of winning the ball. I don't think there was intent to injure but Lowry has every right to be pissed about it, because it's really stupid and unnecessary.

uhh

the ball was still very much in play for mitch when he first attempted to get it back, and at that moment he had to get low to try and get the ball

his momentum was already in motion and mitch was going to end up on the ground because of it. AFTER all of this had already occurred lowry ended up winning out with the ball, but there was nothing mitch could to do stop his fall from there. it's a shame that the play ended up the way it did, but to say that 'lowry was already dribbling away with the ball' and insinuate that mitch then just threw his body into him is completely inaccurate

i'm not sure that people complaining about this play have actually ever played basketball at a high intensity level other than just shooting the excrement with friends/acquaintances during a sunday pickup game, excrement happens in a physical sport. if a smaller player had done the same thing that mitch did, nothing may have happened at the end as they very well may have ended up catching themselves and their balance before falling over. robinson's sheer size changes the physics and inertia behind such an effort, and it shouldn't be held against him

people are just annoyed at this because 'it's kyle lowry'. if this happened to the 15th guy on the team we wouldn't even be talking about it right now

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1108 on: March 20, 2019, 06:00:10 PM »
the worst part about this was canadians going on instagram saying that mitch should watch himself in toronto, like toronto is actually hood and not responsible for aubrey graham, tory lanez, justin bieber

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1109 on: March 20, 2019, 06:45:13 PM »
uhh

the ball was still very much in play for mitch when he first attempted to get it back, and at that moment he had to get low to try and get the ball

his momentum was already in motion and mitch was going to end up on the ground because of it. AFTER all of this had already occurred lowry ended up winning out with the ball, but there was nothing mitch could to do stop his fall from there. it's a shame that the play ended up the way it did, but to say that 'lowry was already dribbling away with the ball' and insinuate that mitch then just threw his body into him is completely inaccurate

i'm not sure that people complaining about this play have actually ever played basketball at a high intensity level other than just shooting the excrement with friends/acquaintances during a sunday pickup game, excrement happens in a physical sport. if a smaller player had done the same thing that mitch did, nothing may have happened at the end as they very well may have ended up catching themselves and their balance before falling over. robinson's sheer size changes the physics and inertia behind such an effort, and it shouldn't be held against him

people are just annoyed at this because 'it's kyle lowry'. if this happened to the 15th guy on the team we wouldn't even be talking about it right now

Ah that old chestnut, the "you don't understand because you haven't played to the level I have" card. Todd Haley never played football, Jon Cooper never played hockey, Arrigo Sacchi barely played soccer. You don't need to have played to a high level to have a reasonable understanding of a sport - equally I've played a couple of sports to an OK competitive level and can tell you that some of the most talented players I've ever played with didn't have a freaking clue at times, they needed coaching to get the best out of them and they couldn't watch a tape and tell you what was going on to save their lives, so save that bullshit.

Robinson goes for the ball with Lowry, but as Lowry wins it and turns away Robinson turns the corner with him which is what causes him to trip over Lowry's trailing leg and crash onto him. It's a naive move born out of a rookie desire to win every ball regardless of situation, and you can't blame a veteran player for being annoyed about him overplaying the situation and creating an unnecessary injury. I thought Kyle, as usual, handled things pretty well post game - he called it as it was, and passed it off as a rookie error without malice.

I already said that it wasn't an intentional play but it was still freaking dumb. I can't speak for people talking excrement on Twitter and Instagram, I don't use either because they're both cesspits filled with idiots. Maybe if you did the same and didn't get yourself all verklempt about them you'd be able to see a simple joke on JO for what it is.