Author Topic: Chicken n Pits  (Read 2723 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Chicken n Pits
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
Apparently KFC is in some trouble (and trying to pay its way out of it) because a little girl who was mauled by three pitbulls loving but unfortunately trained dogs was kicked out of a restaurant because her face scared the other customers.  Daaaamn.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/16/us/kfc-dog-mauling/index.html

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Chicken n Pits
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:07:32 PM »
KFC isn't some flashy restaurant. You pay for your food, and then sit down and eat. Why the freak would employees give a excrement what some shitty customers think?
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »
http://globalnews.ca/news/1412345/viral-story-of-scarred-girl-kicked-out-of-kfc-is-a-hoax-report/

What a wonderful commercial for humankind this while story has been.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:07 AM »
I had a feeling it was a bullshit. They don't pay KFC employees enough to care if idiot customers complain about a girls face. As much as I believe some idiot would actually complain, I just can't imagine an employee at any fast food restaurant doing anything about it. Maybe if we went up a notch and said it happened at TGIs or Applebee's. But fast food? No chance.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 10:09:21 AM »
I had a feeling it was a bullshit.

That's a bingo.

Chrebet86

• Eric Smith
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
Theres no way that would be a SOP for any buisness, especially a chain. Thatd mean it was the manager of that specific locations personal decision based upon shithead customers heartless opinions. No way someone would do that.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
That's a bingo.

Actually, you just say, "Bingo."
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Ignatius J Reilly

Chicken n Pits
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »
Seems like the most appropriate place.  Family I know rehabilitates pit bulls.  They currently have four, only two of which I had ever met.  One has to stay in a room when I show up because he was abused and barks and snarls at white men when they enter.

Anyway, I'm there today in the kitchen, and this dog gets brought in.  Sweet, wonderful, comes over wagging his tail, head in my lap.  Love this dog as much as the two I know.  Suddenly, assistant walks in, and this woman walks the dogs regularly, takes care of them, etc.  She opens the door and this dog takes his head out of my lap in a flash and flies to the door.  In about three seconds, the woman has screamed and pulled the door shut.

I'm in the kitchen now with pit that just "attacked" and owner.  Dog is back to being all sweet when the owner's son comes up and says "Rocky just bit Joanne!"  I had thought the dog got shoved back as it got in, but in those three seconds he had gotten to the door and gotten her leg.

So, she has blood coming out of the puncture wounds on her leg, dog gets put away again all sheepishly, and they're trying to figure out how to get her to the hospital so, in Joanne's words, NOT the owner's, they didn't know it was Rocky and call animal control, who would put him to sleep.

He's only been there a few weeks, they've seen barking but nothing like that.  If she hadn't had the door to shove in his face, I don't know what would have happened.  I love those dogs individually, but I still don't get how as a breed they're thought of as children appropriate.  It's not the individual dog's fault.  It's the breed.  I've dealt w abused dogs before, mostly boxers.  Never saw anything like that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:55:49 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:55:47 PM »
Seems like the most appropriate place.  Family I know rehabilitates pit bulls.  They currently have four, only two of which I had ever met.  One has to stay in a room when I show up because he was abused and barks and snarls at white men when they enter.

Anyway, I'm there today in the kitchen, and this dog gets brought in.  Sweet, wonderful, comes over wagging his tail, head in my lap.  Love this dog as much as the two I know.  Suddenly, assistant walks in, and this woman walks the dogs regularly, takes care of them, etc.  She opens the door and this dog takes his head out of my lap in a flash and flies to the door.  In about three seconds, the woman has screamed and pulled the door shut.

I'm in the kitchen now with pit that just "attacked" and owner.  Dog is back to being all sweet when the owner's son comes up and says "Rocky just bit Joanne!"  I had thought the dog got shoved back as it got in, but in those three seconds he had gotten to the door and gotten her leg.

So, she has blood coming out of the puncture wounds on her leg, dog gets put away again all sheepishly, and they're trying to figure out how to get her to the hospital so, in Joanne's words, NOT the owner's, they didn't know it was Rocky and call animal control, who would put him to sleep.

He's only been there a few weeks, they've seen barking but nothing like that.

Bring chicken next time.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »

Bring chicken next time.

freak no.  At no point was I afraid for my own safety, even after he flew at her.  It was weird.  If he wanted to get my chicken?  I'd probably be dead right now.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

Tags: