Author Topic: Bucs have cooties  (Read 8794 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Bucs have cooties
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »
Sources say it's CB Johnathan Banks, as per Ian Rapaport. Bucs decline to name player, citing privacy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:42:23 PM by Badger »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: 3rd Buccaneer diagnosed with MRSA
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
That's not good. Once MRSA is in a facility good luck trying to get that out. It's a horrible infection.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »
That's not good. Once MRSA is in a facility good luck trying to get that out. It's a horrible infection.

meh....MRSA can be killed on surfaces pretty easily. It's inside the body where it's difficult.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
meh....MRSA can be killed on surfaces pretty easily. It's inside the body where it's difficult.

Killing MRSA on a surface and ridding it entirely from a facility are 2 separate issues. Getting MRSA out of a facility isn't easy nor cheap. They did a thorough delousing of the Bucs facility last month and it's still there. I have had a MRSA infection, I know what I am speaking about.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »
Carl nicks and Lawrence tynes also reported to have it. yeesh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 02:32:31 PM »
Killing MRSA on a surface and ridding it entirely from a facility are 2 separate issues. Getting MRSA out of a facility isn't easy nor cheap. They did a thorough delousing of the Bucs facility last month and it's still there. I have had a MRSA infection, I know what I am speaking about.

i had a non mrsa staph infection, and it freaking blew.  Can't imagine MRSA

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
Carl nicks and Lawrence tynes also reported to have it. yeesh

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »

You have AIDS, not MRSA

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 03:15:31 PM »

I'm relatively ignorant about this infection and have seen crop up a few times in recent mainly in the NFL. What causes it and how easily is it contracted?
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
NFLPA tells @wingoz that, depending on what MRSA containment report says, the NFLPA could advise Bucs-Eagles not to play this weekend.

.... huh.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
I'm relatively ignorant about this infection and have seen crop up a few times in recent mainly in the NFL. What causes it and how easily is it contracted?

Basically its an antibiotic resistant superbug (the MR stands for Methicillin-resistant). Its just a bacteria, its very difficult for a healthy person to contract, but is incredibly contagious in vulnerable populations (ie its most famous for hospital patients that are already old/weak/sick)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
NFLPA tells @wingoz that, depending on what MRSA containment report says, the NFLPA could advise Bucs-Eagles not to play this weekend.

.... huh.

Guess they dont want it to spread, not just to players but possibly to fans

Its hard to contract, but is incredibly serious

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
I got my infection from a scratch no bigger then the tip of a pencil. The scratch happened when my elbow pad rode up a hair when I was tripped. My elbow a day and a half later was bigger than a grapefruit and was over 105 degree's, it was burning up. I was very lucky that it never got to the bloodstream. I went immediately to my buddy that was a DR. and got the strongest antibiotic they make. It took quite sometime to get rid of it. The antibiotic made me sicker than excrement, it is ridiculously powerful. It was called Levaquin.

It really doesn't take much to get infected if the facility you're rehabbing or working out at has the bacteria. I nuked my elbow pads.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:49:40 PM by Miamipuck »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »
A friend of mine had MRSA when he was in the hospital after he broke his neck. Of course nobody told me this and I strolled right into his room and talked to my half-conscious friend for about 10 minutes before somebody came by and told me I needed to scrub up.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
i had a non mrsa staph infection, and it freaking blew.  Can't imagine MRSA

It's freaking scary bro. My elbow blew up in what seemed like a matter of minutes.

Tags: buccaneers