Author Topic: Glory days, your sports related injuries  (Read 3107 times)

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
Glory days, your sports related injuries
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:52:36 AM »
I played hockey at the Jr level (still play today) I wrestled, and took various forms of martial arts. I've broken my wrist separated my shoulder and pulled or sprained everything else. My new thing is coming home with massive bruised from men's league hockey.

I play defense and block a lot of shots. It's funny cause I don't know how to play any other way, its instinctive. Check out this softball size beauty from last week.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:54:13 AM by eyedea »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Glory days, your sports related injuries
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »
Broke my thumb and arm playing baseball.  Otherwise, I came away pretty healthy.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 10:21:38 AM »
Fell hard on the concrete during a bball game when I was a kid. From up in the air, straight down on my right side. Landed with full force on my right shoulder. Been clicking ever since. Otherwise it's fine.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »

Last duathlon of last year.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
Oh man. I remember seeing those pics. Ouch.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »
Bum elbow from pitching

Torn ACL via horsecollar tackle
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »
I think I sprained a wrist once falling during drills in JV basketball.  Other than that I am pretty durable for a skinny guy.

Jetaho

• Laveranues Coles
  • HAPPY BIRTH
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »
5 stiches in my forehead playing little league baseball.  Lost a tooth playing pond hockey.  Broke my collar bone playing lacrosse in high school.  Broke my nose playing soccer in high school.  Tore ligaments in my thumb playing club soccer - fucker on other team was wearing shorts with pockets.  Broke my nose a second time mountain biking about 5 years ago. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:14 PM »
Tore ligaments in my thumb playing club soccer - fucker on other team was wearing shorts with pockets.

Hmm...I've never seen a pocket injury.  Every time I play a adult league sport, that is always a major rule and everyone always bitches about it. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 12:24:51 PM »
I think I sprained a wrist once falling during drills in JV basketball.  Other than that I am pretty durable for a skinny guy.

Basically the same here. Sprained my wrist while diving to stop a basketball from rolling into a lake. I didn't realize I had really injured it so I played pickup football for about an hour afterwards. Only then did I notice my hand swelled up like a catcher's mitt.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 01:05:20 PM »
When I was younger I never got injured, other than breaking my hand in a hockey fight x 2, then the 30's hit, lol

Tore my PCL, Sprained my knee joint in an odd way, the doc said he has only seen an MRI like that 2-3 times in his career. Numerous stitches, shoulder tendonitis, torn labrum and roator cuff, hip pointers (most painful injury ever), back injury where I couldn't walk and I had to pee in a Skippy's Peanut Butter Jar, infected cyst from hockey that needed surgery to be removed. There's more I can't remember all after the age of 30 lol.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Jetaho

• Laveranues Coles
  • HAPPY BIRTH
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »
Hmm...I've never seen a pocket injury.  Every time I play a adult league sport, that is always a major rule and everyone always bitches about it.

I ran by another player and my thumb got caught on the outside edge of his pocket.  Hurt like bloody Hell and still bothers me 4 years later.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 10:51:48 AM »
My two best stories:

Middle school, playing as a goalie in soccer, blocked a coach's shot in training which snapped my wrist bone. Kept playing - and then when I told my mom at the end of the day that I broke my wrist she laughed and told me there's no way I could've kept playing if it was broken. Kept on bothering her telling her I was sure the bone snapped, it was starting to swell and bruise, so she took me to the hospital and it turns out I was right.

High school, playing touch football in a brick courtyard. The endzone was a wall, and I ran a go route. Caught the ball within a half-stride of the wall, turned my head and flew into the corner of the wall face first. Friends saw blood 'pouring out of my face' and thought I lost my eye. Fractured my cheekbone, concussed, and have a scar less than a centimetere below my eye. Touchdown counted, though.

Other than that, a few broken fingers, and a really stupid/bad neck injury that still limits my head mobility 10 years later.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 12:55:09 PM »

Last duathlon of last year.

That fingers jacked.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
^The shocker will never be the same.

Tags: