Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 85658 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2020, 02:25:34 PM »
I miss going out for wings and beer
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #481 on: March 25, 2020, 04:08:20 PM »
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #482 on: March 25, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »
Why didn’t Marlon Wayans ever do another serious role after Requiem for a Dream?
He gets a excrement ton of money doing comedy.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #483 on: March 25, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »
He gets a excrement ton of money doing comedy.
He’s really fuckin good in that movie though. It’s a shame.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #484 on: March 25, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »
When I clicked on this thread, it initially brought me to Page 2 with IATA and Guinness talking about them and their families being sick. That definitely took on a different tone reading that in March 2020 compared to December 2014.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #485 on: March 27, 2020, 05:21:29 PM »
I want to know which restaurants near me use delivery robots.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #488 on: March 29, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
I think corn has a secret shortcut portal in your bowels that allows it to exit an hour after you just ate it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #489 on: April 01, 2020, 07:29:44 AM »
is America the rest of the worlds Florida?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #490 on: April 01, 2020, 12:09:24 PM »

lol
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #491 on: April 01, 2020, 12:50:37 PM »

Serious answer:

What I think lots of the rest of the world has trouble understanding about you guys is your ongoing inability to resolve your conflict of rights. Your "freedom" (I delberately put that word in inverted commas) and thus the rights that enshrine it are so important to you that they end up causing you no end of unnecessary problems.

We've watched this going on for years with 2A. You have a constitutionally enshrined right to bear arms. I don't think anyone really cares if Bubba in Louisiana uses an AK-47 to hunt squirrels for dinner or that Billy in Montana carries a sidearm to defend his cows from wolves. Unfortunately, the blanket right to bear arms that enables that also allows a middle class mom with a mentally unfit teenage son in a small town in Connecticut to keep military grade hardware at home, which in turn enables said son to remove any and all rights, including that of the essential right to life, from 20 children and 6 adults. They are rights in conflict; Adam Lanza's mom's 2A rights were allowed to prevail.

The 2A argument has never been about whether someone's right to own a firearm is less important than someone else's right to life, because no one would sensibly argue otherwise; the argument is about whether the right to bear arms inevitably conflicts with the right to life. 2A advocates argue that proper training and the restriction of the right from those deemed mentally unfit means that there is no conflict with the right to not be murdered at the end of gun barrel, and they have a reasonable point. Equally, gun control advocates argue that it is impossible to effectively restrict 2A rights to only those who will never use a gun in such a fashion as to unjustly take a life; they also have a reasonable point, as well as a preponderance of evidence. But when you boil it down, it's a conflict of rights.

We're seeing the exact same thing now with the covid lockdowns, and specifically with people defying them. As a nation you're so enamoured of the belief that you are free and that you have inalienable rights to exercise that freedom, it's no surprise that vast numbers of people are disregarding advice, requests and even orders to stay home. No one cares if Bubba or Billy stay home because they're not involved in any form of social contract (there it is again!); they're free to exercise their rights because they're not conflicting with anyone else's in the bayou or on the plains. As soon as you move into society though you're starting to bring rights into conflict once more, because your right to freely move around is as inalienable as someone else's right to not get infected by you. Hence why people in South Korea and China do as they're told, because they are by history bred for compliance and understanding of the fact that their rights are not inalienable and can be suspended when necessary. Thus they are much more able to handle something like this because when the government tells them to stay home they do, because they're used to doing what the government tells them to.

Anyway, long answer to a simple question; yeah, kinda. The thing that defines you most as a nation, your exceptionalism, and which is at the root of so many things that makes you strong, is also one of your biggest problems. When someone says "hey you, you have to do this because we tell you to" it's instinctive for many to say "freak you, I don't have to do that because I'm an American and I have rights". I think Florida has a highly developed sense of "freak you, I'll do whatever the freak I want no matter how stupid, because I can", which is why you like to laugh at them.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #492 on: April 09, 2020, 08:07:35 AM »
Why is Sam Ficken still on this roster?
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #493 on: April 09, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »
Why is Sam Ficken still on this roster?
Tank insurance. Just in case we need to go full tank.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
I wonder what the yearly salary is for an exorcist

Tags: