Author Topic: 10 Most Popular Funeral songs  (Read 2455 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
10 Most Popular Funeral songs
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:16:11 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/death_and_dying/2014/05/26/what_are_the_most_popular_songs_to_play_at_funerals.html

Nothing really surprising... Although all I can think about is Will Ferrell singing "Time To Say Goodbye", and freaking owning it.

I had to make a will before and under my "Final Wishes regarding my passage to the next incarnation", I instructed to have Green Days "Ha Ha You're Dead" and Joe Esposito "The Best Around" be played at my visitation. Kind of a joke with my woman, but I'm hoping to force the issue.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: 10 Most Popular Funeral songs
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:23:13 PM »
What kind of person wants Westlife played at their funeral?

I had to make a will before and under my "Final Wishes regarding my passage to the next incarnation", I instructed to have Green Days "Ha Ha You're Dead" and Joe Esposito "The Best Around" be played at my visitation. Kind of a joke with my woman, but I'm hoping to force the issue.

My wife insists that I'm not allowed to die first so she won't entertain my requests like just leaving my body in the trash. Or firing my ashes out of a cannon. I haven't fully decided yet.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:25:24 PM by Badger »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »
I went to a funeral for a friend from college and his mom insisted that "Say Something" by A Great Big World be played, against his wishes(he was a metal head). That's going to be on the top of lists like this in the future.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »
I went to a funeral for a friend from college and his mom insisted that "Say Something" by A Great Big World be played, against his wishes(he was a metal head). That's going to be on the top of lists like this in the future.

Why would anyone play that song at a funeral?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »
the video, man.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:52:20 PM »
I would like to be cooked and eaten at the Jets tailgate after I die.   

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »
the video, man.

Puck requested that this be played at his funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w02QxQZGQc

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 09:58:51 PM »
i mean people see the video and assume its a song about goodbyes and excrement cause the old man hugging his dead lady. thats the only part that gets mentioned about the video.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
Albanian funerals are the worst. They hire these "criers" which is a sort of position passed down generations. Basically it's a woman or man trying their best to make everyone cry their eyes out. At my aun't funeral years ago, the crier went on and on about how her grandkids will never see her, how her being paralyzed from MS prohibited her from dancing at her son's wedding, and how shitty it is to live the rest of your life without a mother. They do it in a weird song like fashion too. It was awful.
"Wrong!"

Tags: