Author Topic: Welcome to SMF!  (Read 38769 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Welcome to SMF!
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 04:08:09 AM »
Thank freak we are back!

Well done to all getting us up and running, didn't realize how much I would miss jawing with you assholes, even had to go to FB

No kidding....

As far as this new forum goes, any chance we can get a "new posts" button like we had at YDKF?

Also is it possible to have multiple color schemes that individual users can choose like we had before? While the orange and black is cool, I like my Jets board to have some green & white in it, just makes more sense to me.
Need a new one for a new board...

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:58 AM »
Thank freak we are back!

Well done to all getting us up and running, didn't realize how much I would miss jawing with you assholes, even had to go to FB

No kidding....

As far as this new forum goes, any chance we can get a "new posts" button like we had at YDKF?

Also is it possible to have multiple color schemes that individual users can choose like we had before? While the orange and black is cool, I like my Jets board to have some green & white in it, just makes more sense to me.

I'm with you on all of this. Also, a pet hate of mine is people changing avatars every 5 minutes. New rule: if you change from your original avatar it cost s you $5.
I'm just beginning..........
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 07:33:50 AM »
This new forum is growing on me.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 08:36:09 AM »

Look up top:  Show unread posts since last visit and Show new replies to your posts.

That's the best we can do for now. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 08:57:34 AM »
Thank freak we are back!

No kidding....

Re: the colour scheme. IJR is working on a shiny new design for the site, but in the meantime if you go to Profile > Account Settings > Modify Profile > Look and Layout, you can click on the Change link next to Current Theme and see a bunch of different options.

This board is massively customisable, both from the back end and from the user panel. I recommend taking a few minutes to go through the options under the Profile tab and have a look at the things you can change, turn on, turn off and generally freak about with.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
whatsup

I saw the thread on YDKF telling us to change our passwords, which I did and I mixed them up for variety. have a question: what then happened to the forum? was it compromised again? should i change some of my passwords again

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »
whatsup

I saw the thread on YDKF telling us to change our passwords, which I did and I mixed them up for variety. have a question: what then happened to the forum? was it compromised again? should i change some of my passwords again

YDKF doesn't exist anymore.  You're fine. 

We were hacked multiple times over there, and as a precaution, we had everyone change their passwords. 

With this new forum, we should be able to control/update our security. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

moses

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
Great job on the new board guys, SMF is a decent forum software, which as I'm sure you realized has a ton of options (some say too many, which makes customization a little overwhelming). My advice is to take your time with it, and keep a running list of tweak requests so you don't lose track of what you're doing. It's easy to work on one feature and get lost in the rabbit hole as you find out you can do many more things.

On another note, wasn't the previous site a wordpress site that you tacked vbulliten onto? Are we going to maintain the news/stories portion of the site, or will this just be a forum focus now? Did the hackers also compromise the blog portion of the last site?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »
It's a good question; I don't the WordPress side was compromised, but we basically burned the whole thing to the ground and started again. The YDKF front page, along with everything else, is but a fond memory now.

I don't think that any firm decision has been made about a front page, but we've concentrated on the forum for now. If we were to reinstate a front page it would have to be with a very clear structure and with very firm commitments from its contributors; we had a small number of people who wrote the vast majority of the content before, and as is the way of the world they all found that real life commitments ended up taking priority over writing for the front page. As a result it kind of fell into disrepair.

We've talked about a few things including perhaps doing some kind of news aggregation, but for now we want to make sure we get the forum how we want it and then perhaps we can think about doing more.

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
When do you guys think tapatalk will be compatible with JO?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »

Look up top:  Show unread posts since last visit and Show new replies to your posts.

Ok cool. Is there a button to take us to the first unread post in a thread?

Also there is something else I was gonna ask, and now forgot. Damnit all....

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 04:43:59 PM »

It's a plugin mod; I know there are a lot of people who use Tapatalk, and it's top of the list to do as soon as we have a theme settled and installed. I'd hope to be able to do it no later than the middle of next week, I have the software already.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »

Ok cool. Is there a button to take us to the first unread post in a thread?

Also there is something else I was gonna ask, and now forgot. Damnit all....

Click on the NEW icon to the immediate right of the thread name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
Remembered the other question. Why is it that when I click the "next" button in the lower right of the thread it doesn't change the page, but changes the thread?

Also my "modify profile" button (that was suggested earlier to alter the color scheme) doesn't work. It's an "unclickable" button on my iPad.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »

I could probably figure this out for myself, but what is tapatalk? I always just click no when my phone/tablet asks me if I want to use it.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: