Author Topic: Welcome to SMF!  (Read 38748 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Welcome to SMF!
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2013, 10:35:38 PM »
I don't care how many posts went in between the last time I posted and now, I don't want to revief my posts, and I don't feel like hitting post four times before my post is added to the thread. Can weeqse remove that feature?

The admins can look into it.  In the meantime, you can shut it off under Look and Layout in the profile moderation area.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
Drew is right, you have to shut it off on your own profile.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »
What is the option i'm supposed to be shutting off here.

I have the following selected:
-return to topics after posting by default
-hide messages posted by members on my ignore list

And in the drop downs:
-topics per page: 20
-messages to display: 15
(Doubt it's either of those)
-use quick reply on topic display: show, on by default
-show quick moderation as: don't show

Not sure which one of these means "check and see if someone else posted"
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2013, 11:40:13 PM »
^In between those two that are selected it should say "Don't warn on new replies made while posting".  That's the one you want to check.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
Don't warn on new replies made while posting.  Check that box

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »
New color schemes and the JO logo looks really good, probably some of the best ive seen on a jets board

I think the threads/thread titles could be slightly better but the rest really looks awesome

What would you like to see changed about the titles?
His input is irrelevant until he learns the difference between a thread and a forum.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
I don't care how many posts went in between the last time I posted and now, I don't want to revief my posts, and I don't feel like hitting post four times before my post is added to the thread. Can weeqse remove that feature?

Hahah that excrement was driving me nuts in the game thread with so many freaking posts in between, it would take five minutes to get a post up.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2013, 01:14:40 AM »
New color schemes and the JO logo looks really good, probably some of the best ive seen on a jets board

I think the threads/thread titles could be slightly better but the rest really looks awesome

Well on YDKF it was really convenient that every thread that had a new/unread post in it would have its title bolded

And this might being slightly nitpicky, but all of the threads are very bunched together (and possibly small?)

For instance

Thats 3 different boards views of threads, it seems that these threads are the most bunched/least clear

(and I totally just now noticed the "new" bubbles to the right of the threads, I guess that replaces the bolding")
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:16:34 AM by dcm1602 »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:42 AM »

Well on YDKF it was really convenient that every thread that had a new/unread post in it would have its title bolded

And this might being slightly nitpicky, but all of the threads are very bunched together (and possibly small?)

For instance

Thats 3 different boards views of threads, it seems that these threads are the most bunched/least clear

(and I totally just now noticed the "new" bubbles to the right of the threads, I guess that replaces the bolding")

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »

For instance

Yes.  The buttons to the left indicate threads with new posts.  You'll get used to it hopefully, since there's not much we can do about that one.  It would be REALLY difficult to manipulate the code to fix that one.  It's just not a SMF thing.

If the one about threads being too close together on the board is a thing, I can take a look at it.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2013, 01:45:15 AM »
The bold thing isnt a big deal the "New" bubbles  just something ill get used to. TGG and YDKF just had the bold thing which is why I thought it was weird it didnt have it (plus I didnt notice the "new" thing till i took a screen shot)

I havent messed around with this on mobile yet, but I know on tablets the spacing could very well be an issue.
 Possibly mobile devices too (ive never used tapatalk so no clue whether that will be affected)

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »
The bold thing isnt a big deal the "New" bubbles  just something ill get used to. TGG and YDKF just had the bold thing which is why I thought it was weird it didnt have it (plus I didnt notice the "new" thing till i took a screen shot)

I havent messed around with this on mobile yet, but I know on tablets the spacing could very well be an issue.
 Possibly mobile devices too (ive never used tapatalk so no clue whether that will be affected)

The button issue could be helped, actually.  I'd like to see the "No New Post" icon lightened to make it more obvious that there are new posts.  Maybe Soss can take care of that.  As of right now, I still think the colors are too close.

I sent an index off to the admins with slight changes to quote boxes and font size in the forum pages.  Let me know how it looks when it goes up.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »
I'M SURE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT CARTOONS OF ANIMALS WITH GIANT COCKS DON'T REALLY FIT THE BOARD THEME.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:50:39 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2013, 08:16:24 PM »
I found footage of what happened to the old server:

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2013, 08:13:06 AM »
Is there anyway to adjust quotes so it only quotes the person you are responeing to and not every single person that responded?

Tags: