Author Topic: NYJ 2014 6th Round Pick (209): Nebraska's Quincy Enunwa  (Read 4258 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: NYJ 2014 6th Round Pick (209): Nebraska's Quincy Enunwa
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »
If this kid can develop any kind of ball skills, he'll become a force in this league as an inside receiver.

I was completely blown away by his speed after the catch on that play in overtime. 
He was always a physicality and speed combo. That's why I liked him most of the receivers we drafted.

Still, that speed was jaw dropping in person. Not many guys that big can run that fast.  He turned on the jets.

His issue dating back to college is that he's mostly a hands catcher and his ball skills aren't great. That reared it's head again today.

I'm looking forward to his development.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 12:00:10 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 07:14:58 AM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »
If this kid can develop any kind of ball skills, he'll become a force in this league as an inside receiver.

I was completely blown away by his speed after the catch on that play in overtime. 

On the replay, I felt like if he didn't make a juke move to try to throw off the guy coming towards him, he'd have gone all the way.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
LT said on the highlights "This man is a problem, that big and that fast."
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »

ive held out hope for him all year but didnt start hopping on the wagon till about a month ago. kept chirping in badgers ear that i think he might come along at some point.

he's made some elite adjustments over the past few weeks that give me hope he can become a regular contributor. sure he drops some gimme's, but hes a freaking mismatch if there ever was one and that catch vs the cowboys in front of the end zone in 4 down territory was enough for me.

he just keeps chipping away and developing as the year goes on.

granted, hes got a ways to go. but hes built like a strong possession receiver and moves like a freaking dangerous slot guy.

no reason for him to not be a 3rd/4th reciever in the spread (as long as thats what were running) for years to come.

if he doesnt make the few plays hes made the last 3 or 4 weeks we probably lose 1 or 2 games

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »
On the replay, I felt like if he didn't make a juke move to try to throw off the guy coming towards him, he'd have gone all the way.

i thought the same, but cant really complain. he is fast enough to get away with that cutback inside , just a game saving (at the time) stop on NE behalf though.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »
I'm proud to say I was on the Quincy bandwagon all along, defending playing him over Kerley.

It still blows my mind that Kerley has been completely eliminated from the offense.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Jeremy Kerley isn't good
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 06:09:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1zdIJtqtSY

He's very well spoken
This video was dubbed. I've seen the original, it's mostly "Man... u kno what I'm sayin man.. etc

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »
i thought the same, but cant really complain. he is fast enough to get away with that cutback inside , just a game saving (at the time) stop on NE behalf though.

I definitely wasn't complaining. I was just amazed at how he completely broke away on that.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: jets nfl draft