Author Topic: NYJ 2014 1st Round Pick (18): Louisville's Calvin Pryor  (Read 55218 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: NYJ 2014 1st Round Pick (18): Louisville's Calvin Pryor
« Reply #435 on: February 10, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »
I'm sure that Pope wasn't suggesting that it was anything to do with colour. That would be childish and offensive, not in the slighest bit amusing, and in contravention of one of the very few rules we have here.

You're right, it was silly of me for even thinking Pope would joke around like that. I will accept my punishment for putting forth that idea, surely Pope is above that type of Archie Bunker humor.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #436 on: December 17, 2015, 09:01:53 AM »

cool t-shirt
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #437 on: December 17, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »

cool t-shirt

That's awesome.  He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.  You can tell how much of a difference maker he is in our secondary.  Hopefully Bowles and Duff can find someone to replace Gilly as he's been terrible in pass defense the past couple of weeks.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #438 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:51 AM »
That's awesome.  He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.  You can tell how much of a difference maker he is in our secondary.  Hopefully Bowles and Duff can find someone to replace Gilly as he's been terrible in pass defense the past couple of weeks.
Shoot, he might be my favorite player now. Dude just makes plays on defense, and he never seems to miss a tackle.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #439 on: December 20, 2015, 02:35:30 AM »
Shoot, he might be my favorite player now. Dude just makes plays on defense, and he never seems to miss a tackle.

Not taking a knee on his awesome pick could have cost us big time.  Totally boneheaded.  Other than that, he just gets better every week.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2015, 02:41:10 AM »
Not taking a knee on his awesome pick could have cost us big time.  Totally boneheaded.  Other than that, he just gets better every week.
He got it out to the 10. Maybe if he breaks that tackle, he can get a long return. Taking a knee would have been a little smarter, but not taking a knee wasn't going to cost us big time.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #441 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:11 AM »
He got it out to the 10. Maybe if he breaks that tackle, he can get a long return. Taking a knee would have been a little smarter, but not taking a knee wasn't going to cost us big time.

Starting at your 10 instead of your 20 changes the play calling.  Maybe that drive doesn't lead to a pick if Fitz wasn't standing in his endzone on the snap.

We were lucky to only give up 3 there.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #442 on: December 20, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »
Starting at your 10 instead of your 20 changes the play calling.  Maybe that drive doesn't lead to a pick if Fitz wasn't standing in his endzone on the snap.

We were lucky to only give up 3 there.

I love that Fitzpatrick is playing like a playoff calibre QB when it matters, but no, even though Pryors decision was questionable, that doesn't absolve him. That decision was god awful which was why my reply in the game thread was Kellen Fitzpatrick.  Looked like one of the bad throws Moore made staring down his throwing lane into zone coverage where his target was covered over the top and had someone sitting to break on the throw.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #443 on: December 20, 2015, 06:33:56 AM »
That being said I love this guy . Always respected him as a Journeyman but he's playing the best football of his life and it's awesome to see the vets on this team finally gel under tge new regime

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #444 on: December 20, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »
We like him because he play good

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #445 on: December 21, 2015, 09:18:49 AM »
Pryor's pick was the play of the game. The defense was on its heels at that point and would probably have given up 6 on that drive. Instead, even tough it was short-lived, it gave the defense a chance to stop and reset.

Pryor may have been Idzik's best pick, even better than Sheldon.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: jets nfl draft