Author Topic: 2014 Jets Schedule  (Read 19470 times)

klaximilian

Re: 2014 Jets Schedule
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 07:22:23 PM »
Is it reasonable to label your week 1 game a "must-win?"

You guys are so dramatic. Lions, Bears, Raiders, and Chargers are all very winnable games.

We've seen the Jets beat the Patriots with less talent (assuming the roster is better than 2013) and the Packers are very good, but not unbeatable.

Broncos will probably push the Jets excrement in.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »
Yeah, the schedule sucks right now, but who the hell knows how these teams will perform at the start of the season. Remember how the Falcons win was a big deal for us? Then we realized that they were actually excrement all along.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
You guys are so dramatic. Lions, Bears, Raiders, and Chargers are all very winnable games.

No one is worried about the Raiders.

Detroit's DL will wreck our current OL.  Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall will be tough for anybody to stop. 

Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady

San Diego is beatable, but that will still be a tough game. 

None of these games are cake.  It's not like we're playing garbage teams like Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Minnesota.  For six straight weeks after we open with Oakland, we're facing a playoff caliber opponent. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:05 PM »
That Chargers to Pats chunk is awful.  Our corners also have 3 tough tasks leading up to that.  It's going to be rough.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »

We've seen the Jets beat the Patriots with less talent (assuming the roster is better than 2013) and the Packers are very good, but not unbeatable.

Broncos will probably push the Jets excrement in.

Agree with this. Its a rough start, but if we can weather the storm, the second half isnt that bad at all. Similar to last year in that sense. I dont think many saw us going 5-4 before the bye with the Bucs, Pats, Bills, Titans, Falcons, Steelers, Pats, Cinci and Saints. That middle stretch was looked at as death, and the Jets managed to go 3-2 vs the Falcons, Steelers, Pats, Cinci and Saints- all looked at as strong playoff contenders.

Week 1 is very important, but I dont see why we cant achieve this:

Raiders - W
Packers - L
Bears - L
Lions - W
Chargers - W
Broncos - L
Pats - L

If we can manage 3-4 up to this point, a winning record is definitely possible IMO.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:39:55 PM by Laxin »

klaximilian

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
No one is worried about the Raiders.

Detroit's DL will wreck our current OL.  Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall will be tough for anybody to stop. 

Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady

San Diego is beatable, but that will still be a tough game. 

None of these games are cake.  It's not like we're playing garbage teams like Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Minnesota.  For six straight weeks after we open with Oakland, we're facing a playoff caliber opponent.

Who said any of them were "cake?"

Like always, there are a lot of teams that pose a significant challenge in the NFL. 4-3 or 3-4 after week 7 is realistic to expect. It's not as brutal as some of you guys are making it out to be. Bears can't stop the run, Detroit's line is average, ad SD is an above average team that isn't elite in any part of the game.

GB, NE, and Denver will be tough to win if the Jets can't pressure the QB. I'd bet they pull one of them out though.

Some people forget that the Jets have one of the best, if not best DLines. I'm sure that will balance the scales a bit before we start to see the team take shape after the draft.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:41:46 PM by klaximilian »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
WLWLWLW

The trend continues.
"Wrong!"

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 07:49:38 PM »
I may be a bit optimistic, but I think this team has improved a good amount, specifically on the offensive side. CJ and Decker are significant additions. Both the run game and the pass game should be improved. The QB position will most likely be better no matter who is the starter- either Geno improves a good amount or Vick is better and wins the competition. If the OL can be a cohesive unit, I think the Jets can have a middle of the pack offense, and thats before the draft. Plus, it will be everyone's 2nd year in the offense.

The defense should be better due to young players developing and the ST's unit should be more explosive with Jacoby Ford and whoever is added in the draft.

Its a rough start, but I am still very hopeful. Much more hopeful than the last 2 offseasons.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 07:53:15 PM »
Of course. Zero 4 pm games at home. I imagine the Giants have 3 or 4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ignatius J Reilly

2014 Jets Schedule
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »
Of course. Zero 4 pm games at home. I imagine the Giants have 3 or 4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No late afternoon games, two night games.  Just like us.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
INITIAL PREDICTIONS

Raiders - WIN
at Packers - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Lions - WIN
at Chargers - WIN
Broncos - LOSS
at Patriots - LOSS
Bills - WIN
at Chiefs - LOSS
Steelers - WIN
BYE
at Bills - WIN
Dolphins - WIN
at Vikings - WIN
at Titans - WIN
Patriots - LOSS
at Dolphins - WIN

10-6.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »
I will say the same thing that I said last year.  The Jets are a playoff team depending on QB play.  We will be a stingy defense, and will shorten games with a methodical offensive game plan.  If we don't have a ton of stupid turnovers from the QB especially, there is a realistic possibility of making the playoffs. 

This year, so far, on paper we are better at WR, and RB, and IMO, we are better by subtraction at CB.  If we can pick up some situational impact players in the draft, we are a superior team to 2013.

I can't think of a position off hand that we got worse at. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:13:36 PM by hawk »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
I will say the same thing that I said last year.  The Jets are a playoff team depending on QB play.  We will be a stingy defense, and will shorten games with a methodical offensive game plan.  If we don't have a ton of stupid turnovers from the QB especially, there is a realistic possibility of making the playoffs. 

This year, so far, on paper we are better at WR, and RB, and IMO, we are better by subtraction at CB.  If we can pick up some situational impact players in the draft, we are a superior team to 2013.
Exactly. I'm slightly optimistic that we can have average quarterback play, and if we do, we'll be competitive week after week.

When you have a strong defense and a strong running game, you can steal games against better opponents. While I certainly don't expect to beat a team like Denver, it could happen if things broke right. At the same time, the Jets could lose to a bad team if they break a few big plays.

My biggest concerns right now are our offensive guards and our secondary. At the same time, it's hard for both positions to be worse than last season and the Jets still won 8 games.

Jets are -4.5 week 1 vs Oakland right now.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 08:18:18 PM »

I can't think of a position off hand that we got worse at. 

How did we get better at cornerback?  Darrin Walls/Dimitri Patterson are not better than Antonio Cromartie.

Also, on paper, the schedule is more difficult this year than last year's.  We had eleven games against non-playoff teams in 2013 and six of our eight wins game against those teams.

Nine of our 2014 games are against playoff ready teams and that's not including Miami. 

The Jets may be better, but it's not like everyone else is staying the same. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
How did we get better at cornerback?  Darrin Walls/Dimitri Patterson are not better than Antonio Cromartie.
Did you watch Antonio Cromartie last season?

The secondary is worse than 2009-12, but it's not worse than 2013. I wouldn't call it better just yet either, but given how Cromartie played last season, it's hard for the cornerback play to get worse. And even if it gets slightly worse, Milliner should be better all season to make up the difference.

Tags: jets