Author Topic: lolraiders  (Read 54624 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: lolraiders
« Reply #435 on: December 28, 2022, 10:03:23 PM »
They can cut him for 5 mil in dead space in the offseason or pay him lime 40+ mil the next 2 years

Hes getting cut. Nobody is trading for that contract

I mean that's QB money

Look at QBs drafted early the last few years.

The guys a QB who previously played at a high level.

He's an asset with a pretty solid value.

Sure his contract isn't team friendly but it's not going to cripple a franchise for years.

If you asked people on this board if they could have Carr with that contract for a 2nd round pick the answer would be overwhelmingly yes

Now how the logistics will work out with the no trade clause is the issue

I'd assume the Raiders best leverage would be if they threatened to keep and start him

Who knows, maybe they'd even take Zach Wilson as a placeholder so they can bring a rookie along slowly

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #436 on: December 28, 2022, 10:40:35 PM »

If you asked people on this board if they could have Carr with that contract for a 2nd round pick the answer would be overwhelmingly yes

I bet you’d be wrong. I know I wouldn’t want to make that trade. If we have to commit that type of cap to Carr, we need the picks to draft talent to support him. Oh and on the open market I bet he gets at 65-75% of that 40 million if he’s open to go anywhere. If he’s only playing for 1-2 squads or retiring? I’d bet that he gets 50-65% of that $40 million. After his play this year? He’s almost as big a gamble as Mike white.

With Carr you feel you have a better understanding of who he will be, but that price tag limits how you can build. Whites price will let you build a better roster around him, but you are less confident you know what he’s going to give each week
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #437 on: December 28, 2022, 10:51:55 PM »
40 million?

The team that trades for him will owe him 33 million next year

Sure that cap hit bumps up to 41 million in 24,  and I guess if you cut him at that point its pretty unattractive as you'd eat an extra 7 million in dead cap, plus the draft pick

Maybe a 2nd could be a little risky unless it came with a contract restructuring
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 10:55:23 PM by dcm1602 »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2022, 11:24:51 PM »
40 million?

The team that trades for him will owe him 33 million next year

Sure that cap hit bumps up to 41 million in 24,  and I guess if you cut him at that point its pretty unattractive as you'd eat an extra 7 million in dead cap, plus the draft pick

Maybe a 2nd could be a little risky unless it came with a contract restructuring

Which Carr wouldn’t do… no reason to waive the NTC. Better to get cut, make the all the Raiders money, get to pick his destination AND get a second contract he is getting paid solid to strong QB money

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2022, 01:38:02 AM »
Which Carr wouldn’t do… no reason to waive the NTC. Better to get cut, make the all the Raiders money, get to pick his destination AND get a second contract he is getting paid solid to strong QB money

Carr is a valuable asset to the Raiders, despite his performance being poor this season. He's a 31 year old QB who has been pretty good for most of his career. Unless the Raiders think they have a franchise QB on their roster, or they somehow end up in a position to draft one of the better QB prospects, it would be hard to just cut a talented 31 year old QB.

Sure his cap hit is going to be a little high, but what's the alternative? Either being forced to get a QB in the draft despite not having a top draft pick (currently set to pick 9th) or have to overpay someone in free agency.

I don't think it's impossible that the Raiders cut him, I just think if you're managing that franchise you do everything in your power to not cut him. After all look at the recent hauls for Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson.

And 40 millions year is a lot for him, but technically you could just cut him after 1 year (and with the dead money it would end up being a 40m 1 year rental) if it doesn't work out. That might be overpriced for how he's recently performed, but that's comparable to what Stafford/Prescott/Cousins are all making. Goff is also in that range

Whether the Raiders can play hardball (either forcing him to stay or waive his no trade) I have no freaking idea.

But I do think a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he's not cut after one year, is a very fair value for Carr with his contract. Especially since his contract isn't loaded with a billion dollars in guarantees that'll bury your franchise forever. Worst case scenario you'd get a 1 year rental and you'd lose a 3rd round pick and 40 million spread out  over 23/24
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:48:08 AM by dcm1602 »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2022, 03:11:52 AM »
Hes has had a collapse of sizeable proportions especially in 2 of the last 4 games . Fans are kinda tired of him but wish him well. 

McDaniels is a moron but you keep saying valuable asset for a guy who is literally getting shitcanned before the seasons over

I view this as out of respect . You don't bench the guy you plan on paying 80 mil over 2 yrs to. Unless you think that's logical . We're so convinced your worth 80 dollars we'd rather you not play at all or be around the team .

I'd just say their defense isn't as good as ours and I'd take our total sum of skill player over what is an aged Waller and Adams

The Carr of this yr ain't holding the jockstrap of 2016 Carr

With all this said it'd still be the most competent qb play we've seen in a decade  except 1 fluke yr with fitPatrick which ended in a meltdown as well

It's a moot ppint because Mike white is going 5-0 starting this weekend .

SB MVP 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #441 on: December 29, 2022, 03:58:47 AM »
Hes has had a collapse of sizeable proportions especially in 2 of the last 4 games . Fans are kinda tired of him but wish him well. 

McDaniels is a moron but you keep saying valuable asset for a guy who is literally getting shitcanned before the seasons over

I view this as out of respect . You don't bench the guy you plan on paying 80 mil over 2 yrs to. Unless you think that's logical . We're so convinced your worth 80 dollars we'd rather you not play at all or be around the team .

I'd just say their defense isn't as good as ours and I'd take our total sum of skill player over what is an aged Waller and Adams

The Carr of this yr ain't holding the jockstrap of 2016 Carr

With all this said it'd still be the most competent qb play we've seen in a decade  except 1 fluke yr with fitPatrick which ended in a meltdown as well

It's a moot ppint because Mike white is going 5-0 starting this weekend .

SB MVP 

If he gets hurt I think next years salary becomes fully guaranteed. Not to mention he also probably becomes untradeable as well.

All the analyst and what not keep saying they expect him to get traded or cut. Which makes me think there's a realistic chance he can get traded.

But the benching is about protecting the franchise whether they plan on cutting or trading him
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 04:00:30 AM by dcm1602 »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2022, 07:42:04 AM »
If he gets hurt I think next years salary becomes fully guaranteed. Not to mention he also probably becomes untradeable as well.

All the analyst and what not keep saying they expect him to get traded or cut. Which makes me think there's a realistic chance he can get traded.

But the benching is about protecting the franchise whether they plan on cutting or trading him
Yeah exactly if he's hurt they can't cut him

His derriere is getting cut man

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #443 on: December 29, 2022, 07:42:58 AM »
I would never trade for a guy whos on his way out and im not paying 40 mil for the guy playing his worst football this yr

Hes getting cut and I'd hes not then I don't want to trade for him. No

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #444 on: December 29, 2022, 10:09:50 AM »
I would never trade for a guy whos on his way out and im not paying 40 mil for the guy playing his worst football this yr

Hes getting cut and I'd hes not then I don't want to trade for him. No

This will be the stance of every team out there, I would have said save for Indy, but they already canned Reich.

Seriously who would bring him in on that contract with trade assets going back? The only two teams I can create a plausible argument for would be Tampa Bay if Brady walks/retires and Miami if Tua is forced to retire. We don’t make sense as we aren’t close enough to make that move. Arizona might want to but no way to free that Kyler contract up. Seattle will draft higher than the Raiders and could either keep Geno or grab a rookie. Who am I missing that this would make sense to roll with?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #445 on: December 29, 2022, 10:38:54 AM »
I would never trade for a guy whos on his way out

The contract is horrible, but if LV eats a lot of it or Carr agrees to restructure then trading a mid-rounder for him to make sure you get him makes a lot of sense.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2022, 10:58:43 AM »
The contract is horrible, but if LV eats a lot of it or Carr agrees to restructure then trading a mid-rounder for him to make sure you get him makes a lot of sense.

That's quite a few ifs. If he's only a five mil cap hit I'd expect the Raiders to take the easiest way out.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #447 on: December 29, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »
That's quite a few ifs. If he's only a five mil cap hit I'd expect the Raiders to take the easiest way out.

They'll probably cut him, but never underestimate desperate teams bidding against each other.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #448 on: December 29, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »
He's also not a long term solution so it's going to be an interesting dynamic between teams fighting to keep him out of retirement and trying to hedge their cap space for the future.

Have we discussed the Dolphins here yet? If Tua's brain injuries are as sever as they look than they would probably be in the market.

The irony is that the team with the most unhinged personnel history is the one that's cutting him.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #449 on: December 29, 2022, 11:23:38 AM »
He's also not a long term solution so it's going to be an interesting dynamic between teams fighting to keep him out of retirement and trying to hedge their cap space for the future.

He's only 31.  I think he can give his next team at least 4-5 more solid seasons. 

Las Vegas giving up on him like this could definitely motivate him to prove them wrong.  He's that kind of player.

Have we discussed the Dolphins here yet? If Tua's brain injuries are as sever as they look than they would probably be in the market.

Miami is certainly going to be in on both Carr and Garoppolo if Tua is done.