Author Topic: RIP to the 2023 New York Yankees season  (Read 19798 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: 2023 New York Yankees season
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2023, 01:05:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/mlbonfox/status/1674286827635904512?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Wow, the only one that looked like a "perfection-saving" one was the dive by Rizzo. Almost every out looked basically routine.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2023, 09:58:05 PM »
Halfway Point Alert

The Yankees are 45-36 (.556) at the halfway point of the season. That’s a 90-win pace.

Tomorrow night, the second half begins.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2023, 10:47:28 PM »
Halfway Point Alert

The Yankees are 45-36 (.556) at the halfway point of the season. That’s a 90-win pace.

Tomorrow night, the second half begins.

Hard to beleive we're halfway through already.

They've roped me back in. Good game today. Just gotta float till the big man returns.

Getting Nestor and Rodon back will be nice. Trading for Bieber is a nice-to-have but seems like overkill and neglect of needs elsewhere. They beat up on Oakland but that doesn't inspire confidence in an offensive resurgence.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2023, 08:49:16 PM »
Jamo 8 shutty :(

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2023, 11:38:10 AM »
I can't believe the Yankees fired their hitting coach before we fired ours.  At least you guys have an excuse with Judge being on the IL, our lineup is healthy and we still can't hit. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2023, 05:37:01 PM »
Lol Sean Casey
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2023, 12:55:47 PM »
My initial reaction to the Lawson firing was that he made for a cute scapegoat. Now though, apparently all the analytics people in the building loved him and everyone else tuned him out--which would include players.

I just read that getting Casey has been in the works since January, and it's only because his girlfriend needed treatments that he didn't want to take the job.

It'll be interesting to see if he can awaken the bats. There shouldn't need to be any more chicken parm dinners, but there are way too many great hitters in this lineup to be performing this poorly.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2023, 01:25:15 PM »
My initial reaction to the Lawson firing was that he made for a cute scapegoat. Now though, apparently all the analytics people in the building loved him and everyone else tuned him out--which would include players.

I just read that getting Casey has been in the works since January, and it's only because his girlfriend needed treatments that he didn't want to take the job.

It'll be interesting to see if he can awaken the bats. There shouldn't need to be any more chicken parm dinners, but there are way too many great hitters in this lineup to be performing this poorly.

I read that Sean Casey has...*checks notes*....zero experience in any coaching capacity.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2023, 09:32:14 PM »
I can't believe the Yankees fired their hitting coach before we fired ours.  At least you guys have an excuse with Judge being on the IL, our lineup is healthy and we still can't hit. 
It is because Cashman didn't address the outfield in the offseason and a lot of the older players aren't playing to their capabilities. Maybrthey're washed. Who knows.

It can't hurt. Offense is bad but shouldn't be THIS bad.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2023, 10:33:18 PM »
It is because Cashman didn't address the outfield in the offseason and a lot of the older players aren't playing to their capabilities. Maybrthey're washed. Who knows.

It can't hurt. Offense is bad but shouldn't be THIS bad.

Going into the year I really thought you were overstating the outfield situation. Sadly, you turned out correct.

But part of the problem has to have been Lawson. Like you said, it shouldn't be this bad. Volpe shouldn't have needed dinner with a friend to fix his stance. Aaron Hicks shouldn't have become 5 years younger just by leaving the Bronx. I can't see how Stanton, Rizzo, and Donaldson all fell off the same cliff together.

Maybe Casey doesn't help at all. But it almost literally can't be any worse.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2023, 08:24:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/jaycuda/status/1679265254524452866?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Cashman bad

That's a really crap argument for a GM though because there are so many variables. Is it because of good drafting? Solid minor league development? excrement professional roster? Poor medical staff? In sports like baseball and hockey where there's such a long lead time between drafting a player and them getting a sniff of the pro roster (other than in the case of absolute phenoms) it's very hard to use a stat like that to prove that the GM is doing a good job.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2023, 08:29:53 PM »
That's a really crap argument for a GM though because there are so many variables. Is it because of good drafting? Solid minor league development? excrement professional roster? Poor medical staff? In sports like baseball and hockey where there's such a long lead time between drafting a player and them getting a sniff of the pro roster (other than in the case of absolute phenoms) it's very hard to use a stat like that to prove that the GM is doing a good job.

Astros Dodgers and Yankees being the top teams tell you all you need to know. Probably the result of a good farm system more than anything, but you still have to find the players to thrive in that system.

Also the stat is for if they cracked the MLB for any team. A lot of these guys that the Yankees traded for veterans or didn’t have room for are doing well elsewhere with a better opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:31:39 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: