Author Topic: Breece Hall of Justice - The Return  (Read 22996 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Breece Hall of Justice - The Return
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2022, 07:34:37 PM »
Outside of the 4th of 2020 when we took LaMical Perine and James Morgan in back-to-back picks, I've loved what JD has done with the draft. Not every pick has worked out, but the process seems good.
Oh I don't mean to sound like he's infallible lol

Clearly has his misses

But this draft should restore faith in even the most typical SOJF that the building is now filled with competent football minds and a coherent process that can be identified

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »
Oh I don't mean to sound like he's infallible lol

Clearly has his misses

But this draft should restore faith in even the most typical SOJF that the building is now filled with competent football minds and a coherent process that can be identified
I wasn't fully on board with the Sauce pick, but in retrospect when you combine it with the Johnson pick, it's great.

I don't love the Hall pick because I don't love early running backs, but he's RB1 in this draft, and the value is fine. I like it though.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2022, 07:50:48 PM »
I wasn't fully on board with the Sauce pick, but in retrospect when you combine it with the Johnson pick, it's great.

I don't love the Hall pick because I don't love early running backs, but he's RB1 in this draft, and the value is fine. I like it though.
This was a dream scenario of BPA and need

If we didn't land Karloftis or Johnson with a trade up. I understand those not amped with Sauce

I view it as if you pick anyone else at 4 you're not getting a CB remotely as good as Sauce anywhere else

You pass on wilson you're not getting a WR as nearly as good as Wilson

Yet you still get the top 5 EDGE prospect in the class while snagging arguably CB1 WR1 and RB1

It's a glutton of talent

Coleman is oft injured and were 1 MC injury away from Johnson teasing us with a few highlight runs then bad pass blocking and vision elsewhere.

I had RB as something we should address rd 3 or 4

But it looks like there's going to be a ton of defensive guys waiting in rd 4 to address LB and S

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2022, 07:54:52 PM »

If we didn't land Karloftis or Johnson with a trade up. I understand those not amped with Sauce

I view it as if you pick anyone else at 4 you're not getting a CB remotely as good as Sauce anywhere else

Yet you still get the top 5 EDGE prospect in the class while snagging arguably CB1 WR1 and RB1

It's a glutton of talent

Coleman is oft injured and were 1 MC injury away from Johnson teasing us with a few highlight runs then bad pass blocking and vision elsewhere.

But it looks like there's going to be a ton of defensive guys waiting in rd 4 to address LB and S
Yep. The linebackers are dropping. Linebacker clearly isn't looked at as a premium position anymore, just like running back.

Safeties are gone, but if the Jets still believe in Ashtyn Davis, having him compete with Joyner for a spot across Whitehead could be a lot worse.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2022, 07:56:00 PM »

I've been thinking the same since last night, it's hard to imagine an equivalent quality scenario if the positions were reversed.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »

It's a glutton of talent

Having the best player in three positions that were also three positions of need for this team as well as a top 3 player in another position of need is phenomenal work from our FO.

Time will tell on KT vs. JJ but having a future cornerstone in the secondary would give this team a LOT of flexibility in future drafts for the rest of the D.

In terms of taking a RB in Rnd 2: getting the best weapons you can around your 2nd year QB is the best way to help him succeed. If they liked Hall more than any other WR, TE ir IOL at that point than pull the damn trigger and let Zach cook.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2022, 08:05:06 PM »

I've been thinking the same since last night, it's hard to imagine an equivalent quality scenario if the positions were reversed.
4. Kayvon Thibodeaux
10. Garrett Wilson
35. Breece Hall
38. Kyler Gordon

4. Kayvon Thibodeaux
10. Garrett Wilson
26. Dax Hill or Devin Lloyd
38. Andrew Booth

4. Ikem Ekwonu
10. Garrett Wilson
26. Jermaine Johnson
36. Breece Hall
40. Jaquan Brisker (if we get 40 for Becton, just making up a number).

4. Ikem Ekwonu
10. Garrett Wilson
35. Breece Hall
38. Arnold Ebikitie
40. Andrew Booth (if we get 40 for Becton, just making up a number)

Those are other options we could have done. Haven't thought that deeply about what options I prefer because I really like what we've done, and there's not much reason to second-guess. All depends how high you are on KT vs Sauce (and how high you are on 2nd-tier edges and CBs).

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2022, 08:17:24 PM »
Yep. The linebackers are dropping. Linebacker clearly isn't looked at as a premium position anymore, just like running back.

Safeties are gone, but if the Jets still believe in Ashtyn Davis, having him compete with Joyner for a spot across Whitehead could be a lot worse.

i feel like we also kind of forget/ignore pinnock, but he made a few solid plays at safety the last few weeks of the season. it's not perfect but we have some depth/options there

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2022, 09:19:29 PM »
How Smalls feels about running back is how I felt about safety. It seemed like most of the beat writers were saying we would/should take one in the second round but I always felt it was a position we could wait on. Between those two positions, I'm glad we went with the running back. Given the Dean injury, Breece was the #1 player on my board.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:21:33 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2022, 09:23:11 PM »
How Smalls feels about running back is how I felt about safety. It seemed like most of the beat writers were saying we would/should take one in the second round but I always felt it was a position we could wait on. Between those two positions, I'm glad we went with the running back. Given the Dean injury, Breece was the #1 player on my board.
Totally fair. Safety, linebacker, running back - they're all lower priority now. I just feel that way about running back because there are so many good running backs, and so many running backs are products of their offensive line. Thomas Jones sucked in 2007 after we got him. Then he was a beast in 2008 and 2009. Maybe that scarred me.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2022, 09:59:35 PM »
Hall pick is similar to Elijah Moore from last year. How did he make it out of the first?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2022, 10:22:50 PM »
Hall pick is similar to Elijah Moore from last year. How did he make it out of the first?

In this case, it’s because he’s a RB. They have been so devalued. But man are we going to enjoy having him by October
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2022, 07:59:18 AM »
I dont get the shady comparisons.  Dude looks like a baby lev bell to me

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »
I dont get the shady comparisons.  Dude looks like a baby lev bell to me

Yeah, I see more Bell/Jonathan Taylor to his game than Shady.

But he's a faster, superior prospect than Bell was for sure.

Also, he's the best RB we've drafted since Blair Thomas in 19-freaking-90, right? He's clearly a better draft prospect than Michael Carter, Shonn Greene, Leon Washington, LaMont Jordan, McKnight.

Hall is a legit 3-down beast.

Tags: