Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2022 New York Yankees thread  (Read 18239 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: OFFICIAL 2022 New York Yankees thread
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2022, 09:44:30 PM »
Don’t fall for the jinx fellas

No jinxes.  Go win a championship.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2022, 11:14:40 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2022, 04:18:35 PM »
Locastro batting in that spot in the 10th is a failure on so many levels.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2022, 10:12:35 PM »
The BABIP gods are cruel

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2022, 10:28:12 PM »
Literally hopped on just to point out how horribly Boone managed that game in the 9th.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2022, 10:30:54 PM »
Literally hopped on just to point out how horribly Boone managed that game in the 9th.
Should have been fired last year.

I was OK with the bullpen moves tonight until I realized Holmes wasn't available. If Holmes isn't available, you have to let Trivino and Loaisiga go a bit longer.

Yankees got unlucky with injuries down the stretch, but Boone continues to be a problem.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2022, 10:42:33 PM »
Who could have possibly predicted IKF and Aaron Boone letting the Yankees down come playoff time?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2022, 04:40:11 AM »
Should have been fired last year.

I was OK with the bullpen moves tonight until I realized Holmes wasn't available. If Holmes isn't available, you have to let Trivino and Loaisiga go a bit longer.

Yankees got unlucky with injuries down the stretch, but Boone continues to be a problem.

Having Lasagna pitch to the top of the order and Wandy pitch to Naylor were fine

Let’s stop pretending that Lou Trivino is good or that Clay Holmes hasn’t been derriere the 2nd half of the year. You were just complaining that Boone used him in the 9th the other night
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2022, 04:41:37 AM »

We got blooped to death on 2 consecutive nights
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2022, 07:57:37 AM »
Bloops are the new midges

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2022, 11:27:30 AM »
Having Lasagna pitch to the top of the order and Wandy pitch to Naylor were fine

Let’s stop pretending that Lou Trivino is good or that Clay Holmes hasn’t been derriere the 2nd half of the year. You were just complaining that Boone used him in the 9th the other night
No, they weren't fine, because they left us with Clarke Schmidt pitching the 9th inning in a save situation, something he has never done. How is that good management?

We had to get 10 outs from the bullpen. There are 3 trustworthy guys right now - Trivino, Loaisiga and Peralta. Boone used Trivino and Loaisiga for a total of 3 of those 10 outs. Schmidt was the backup plan in extra innings last night. Now he's Plan A for the 9th inning? Or was Plan A have Wandy get 7 outs? I'm fine with Holmes not pitching. But you need to plan around that.

None of it makes sense. Letting Locastro bat last game was inexcusable. Planning for 8 innings instead of 9 innings in Game 3 is inexcusable. All of it would be fine if the players executed, and the bloops didn't fall in, but they did, so his bad managerial choices get exposed even more.

If he kept making questionable decisions, but the Yankees had a great playoff record under Boone, fine. But he doesn't have that. He constantly makes questionable decisions, and he doesn't have the results to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why do you constantly defend Boone? I don't get it. Even if you don't think everything is his fault (and I don't), how is he part of the solution?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 11:29:45 AM by Derek Smalls »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2022, 11:35:05 AM »
No, they weren't fine, because they left us with Clarke Schmidt pitching the 9th inning in a save situation, something he has never done. How is that good management?

We had to get 10 outs from the bullpen. There are 3 trustworthy guys right now - Trivino, Loaisiga and Peralta. Boone used Trivino and Loaisiga for a total of 3 of those 10 outs. Schmidt was the backup plan in extra innings last night. Now he's Plan A for the 9th inning? Or was Plan A have Wandy get 7 outs? I'm fine with Holmes not pitching. But you need to plan around that.

None of it makes sense. Letting Locastro bat last game was inexcusable. Planning for 8 innings instead of 9 innings in Game 3 is inexcusable. All of it would be fine if the players executed, and the bloops didn't fall in, but they did, so his bad managerial choices get exposed even more.

If he kept making questionable decisions, but the Yankees had a great playoff record under Boone, fine. But he doesn't have that. He constantly makes questionable decisions, and he doesn't have the results to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why do you constantly defend Boone? I don't get it. Even if you don't think everything is his fault (and I don't), how is he part of the solution?
I think you guys are ready to hire John Gibbons
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2022, 11:38:44 AM »
I think you guys are ready to hire John Gibbons
I'll take anyone at this point. I think most managers are replaceable. So when a manager continuously makes questionable decisions and doesn't have the results to show for it, I think he should be replaced.

I think Boone is a likable guy, and I would like him to succeed. But if/when we don't succeed, I would like a new voice in charge. SFD is probably the only Boone defender I know.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2022, 11:43:34 AM »
I'll take anyone at this point. I think most managers are replaceable. So when a manager continuously makes questionable decisions and doesn't have the results to show for it, I think he should be replaced.

I think Boone is a likable guy, and I would like him to succeed. But if/when we don't succeed, I would like a new voice in charge. SFD is probably the only Boone defender I know.
Gibbons will make you cut your wrists with his decision-making.

Tags: