Author Topic: S Jordan Whitehead  (Read 4905 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: S Jordan Whitehead
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »

To be honest, I don't think one safety changes all that much.

All depends how they view Hamilton and how they view Ashtyn Davis. Saleh talked about how some players are unicorns at safety when talking about Hamilton. Hamilton can be moved around a lot on defense, and then Ashtyn Davis can be the 3rd safety, if they choose to do that. They might look at Hamilton as able to fill in as a glorified LB in our system, kind of like Nasirildeen and Sherwood

If they were to sign another safety, then absolutely, odds go down.

In a perfect world the Jets "address" every position of need which would allow them to go pure BPA.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »
Depending on whether he can play and what his market is, there's also the possibility of Maye coming back.
Maye is not coming back. He probably never was comingb ack.

His agent talked a big game, and now the Jets replaced him. And coming off a torn Achilles, can Maye even play next year? Not everyone is Cam Akers.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »
Depending on whether he can play and what his market is, there's also the possibility of Maye coming back.

I don't see the Jets being too enthusiastic about dealing with Maye and his agents.

Joyner is on a cheap one year deal, so I wouldn't think that he would actually be prohibitive for taking Hamilton. If he and Davis are competing for a spot and he loses out he could very easily be cut during TC.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2022, 03:06:48 PM »
I don't see the Jets being too enthusiastic about dealing with him and his agents.

Joyner is on a cheap one year deal, so I wouldn't think that he would actually be prohibitive for taking Hamilton. If he and Davis are competing for a spot and he loses out he could very easily be cut during TC.
You would think between Joyner, a guy they targeted as the starter last year, and Davis, a former 3rd-round pick under Douglas who started a lot last year, that they would think they have their 2 primary safeties. But again, they might view Hamilton as that unicorn.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2022, 03:07:13 PM »
2 years, $14.5 million

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2022, 03:07:59 PM »

His agent talked a big game, and now the Jets replaced him. And coming off a torn Achilles, can Maye even play next year? Not everyone is Cam Akers.

Yes, which is why I put it no higher than a possibility. But if he finds himself with no market, and the Jets want an extra body who we know has some ability, it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 03:10:38 PM »
You would think between Joyner, a guy they targeted as the starter last year, and Davis, a former 3rd-round pick under Douglas who started a lot last year, that they would think they have their 2 primary safeties. But again, they might view Hamilton as that unicorn.

I don't think any part of what Davis or Joyner did last season locks them in for a roster spot this season. Joyner was here on a cheap one year deal last season and is back on a cheap one year deal this season and Davis was a starter due to a lot of injuries.

If they like Hamilton that much, neither of these dudes would keep him off of the roster.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2022, 03:11:22 PM »
Yes, which is why I put it no higher than a possibility. But if he finds himself with no market, and the Jets want an extra body who we know has some ability, it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

I don't see Maye as anything other than an emergency option.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »

I don't see the Jets being too enthusiastic about dealing with Maye and his agents.

Yeah, between his Achilles, the pending DUI case, his dickhead agent, and our FA moves so far... signs point to no.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2022, 03:56:35 PM »
2 years, $14.5 million
Seems like a good deal

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2022, 04:05:31 PM »
Just saw Cimini say that the Jets haven't ruled out bringing back Maye. So maybe I'm wrong.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 04:08:57 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 04:09:36 PM »
Just saw Cimini say that the Jets haven't ruled out bringing back Maye. So maybe I'm wrong.
Vet min, do it Joe D

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2022, 04:25:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1503844569842171907

I did see someone yesterday tweet that the Jets never actually made an offer to Williams. This jives with that.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »

JE is almost never right about anything, but this is correct

All of you can go eat a big bag of dicks.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: