Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61887 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2021, 09:27:34 PM »
Need one more elite OL in the draft. Jealous of the Colts.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2021, 09:30:21 PM »
Need 3 more and still won't be that good.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2021, 09:49:40 PM »
Our OL has played well tonight
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2021, 09:58:26 PM »
Our entire offense has played well tonight. But watching a team like the Colts absolutely push people around is fun, and I miss when the Jets could do that.

But that's also why I don't want two offensive linemen with premium picks. Get one more starter, and we should be pretty set.

We have a glaring need at tight end, especially considering how much we use the position. Whether it's via trade or by draft, that needs to be a priority.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2021, 04:53:47 PM »
My preference continues to be an OL and a pass rusher with our first two picks. Those are the two positions I see having the greatest impact for us (both in the short- and long-term). Hopefully we'll have acquired starting-caliber players at tight end, linebacker, and safety before the draft so we can spend most of our draft capital on getting faster on the boundaries.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:12:11 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2021, 09:13:39 PM »
Ran a PFN draft simulation earlier that resulted in:

Kyle Hamilton
Kenyon Green
Kingsley Enagbare

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2021, 12:04:57 PM »
We need to sign and/or draft a #1 WR and a TE this offseason.  That should be the priority for the offense. 

Drake London will hopefully receive serious consideration with our later first rounder.

The market for both positions is pretty shitty unfortunately. Receiver's not terrible until you consider it's likely a guy like Mike Williams gets tagged. I'd be surprised if the Bucs let Godwin walk without an extension, but crazier excrement has happened.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 12:18:34 PM by mj2sexay »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »

Or two please (Van Rotten & McGovern to the bench; cut Feeney).  Becton's still not a full season guarantee either - not yet anyway.   

Roster holes elsewhere?  Of course, but please build QB-friendly walls upfront.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2021, 02:10:53 PM »
Becton is far from a sure thing.

Take Neal and find a home for Becton if he can stay on the field.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 02:34:51 PM »
If the draft were today, I'd have to take Neal and either Hutchinson or Karlaftis.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2021, 05:20:04 PM »
If the draft were today, I'd have to take Neal and either Hutchinson or Karlaftis.

You take Hutchinson over Neal.  We are OK at tackle with Fant and Moses.  Becton is coming back.  If he was toast, I'd consider a tackle but he's coming back.  You've gotta ride it out with him. 

I'm not taking a right tackle #3 overall.  Take an elite edge rusher and it speeds up the defensive rebuild, especially if Lawson comes back strong. 

Our interior is the problem and if you fix right guard, we're a lot better off.

If the draft were today, I'm taking Aidan Hutchinson at 3 and WR1 at #7 (Garrett Wilson/Drake London/Treylon Burks). 

Go get a pass rusher and a #1 WR. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2021, 05:34:09 PM »
You take Hutchinson over Neal.  We are OK at tackle with Fant and Moses.  Becton is coming back.  If he was toast, I'd consider a tackle but he's coming back.  You've gotta ride it out with him. 

I'm not taking a right tackle #3 overall.  Take an elite edge rusher and it speeds up the defensive rebuild, especially if Lawson comes back strong. 

Our interior is the problem and if you fix right guard, we're a lot better off.

If the draft were today, I'm taking Aidan Hutchinson at 3 and WR1 at #7 (Garrett Wilson/Drake London/Treylon Burks). 

Go get a pass rusher and a #1 WR. 
I agree. As much as I want to build the wall, we really just need to get one more interior lineman building block. We're a below average line, but it's no longer a massive liability that prevents us from running offense, and with Becton/AVT in tow, you imagine they will continue to get better and make the line better with them. Going from bad to average at OG and from below average to average at center would do so much for our OL.

I've done little draft prep, but positionally, WR and pass rusher are the two positions I want most (or TE, but there's no Pitts in this draft).

I could hear arguments for a defensive back like Hamilton or Stingley as well, but edge rusher and WR are what we need most IMO. And yes, we're OK at edge if Lawson and Huff are healthy, and we're OK at receiver with Davis/Moore/Cole/Crowder/Mims. But turning WR from mediocre to a legitimate strength is a big reason how the Bengals helped Burrow in year 2. I questioned taking Chase over Sewell, but I think that's worked out for them. A gamebreaker receiver to complement Moore would do as much to help Wilson as any offensive lineman.

And you can never have enough edge rushers. Especially given how much we rotate. Hell, we rotate our WR, too. An edge rusher would make our defensive backs look a lot better, and nothing would help us force more turnovers. Out of all the awful things about our defense, the complete inability to intercept a pass might be chief among them.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2021, 05:36:42 PM »
If you put a true #1 wideout on the field with Corey Davis and Elijah Moore, teams can't load the box consistently.  It takes pressure off of the QB, the OL, and the run game.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2021, 05:41:02 PM »
If you put a true #1 wideout on the field with Corey Davis and Elijah Moore, teams can't load the box consistently.  It takes pressure off of the QB, the OL, and the run game.
Just like the Bengals with Higgins and Boyd. Bengals were fine at receiver with those 2. Chase brings their offense to another level. It opens up the running game, and creates big plays in the passing game. And if receivers get open quicker (or the QB trusts them to make the play), then the ball gets out quicker.

I think Moore is going to be a great player for us, but if we slide him inside to Crowder's spot next season, and we get a new outside receiver to go with Davis, then the WR group becomes a strength. I still have some hope that Moore can be our #1 receiver, but his size and skillset might make him better off as a 1B.

The only time in the last decade that we had an above average receiving corps, we almost made the playoffs.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2021, 08:42:20 AM »
For some reason Fanspeak mock generator is only offering draft order based on their own power rankings and Vegas odds, not on the current actual order. Annoying, wanted to do a quick 4 rounder but not if I'm picking 4th, feels weird.

Tags: