Author Topic: The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage  (Read 125109 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage
« Reply #2520 on: April 21, 2024, 05:58:01 PM »
If Rodgers stays healthy the Jets are a hard team to beat.  He'll even with Tyrod we are better than last year.

Which is why I want one more blue chip weapon. Go freaking get that guy and dare opposing defenses to cover us all game while leaving light boxes for Breece Hall and watching as their own QB is eating turf while having no where to throw the ball.

Go freaking get a big time weapon
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2521 on: April 21, 2024, 06:01:34 PM »
Which is why I want one more blue chip weapon. Go freaking get that guy and dare opposing defenses to cover us all game while leaving light boxes for Breece Hall and watching as their own QB is eating turf while having no where to throw the ball.

Go freaking get a big time weapon

We already have Lazard.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2522 on: April 27, 2024, 10:19:28 AM »
Fashanu might be my favorite first round pick for Douglas. We're definitely not getting a full season out of Smith, and we might not get one out of Moses.

Going into the year two 33 year old bookends coming off of major injuries (I don't think I've ever heard of anyone playing through a torn pec before) was always a bad strategy but having Fashanu goes a long way towards offsetting that AND building for the future.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2523 on: April 27, 2024, 10:32:32 AM »
Fashanu might be my favorite first round pick for Douglas. We're definitely not getting a full season out of Smith, and we might not get one out of Moses.

Going into the year two 33 year old bookends coming off of major injuries (I don't think I've ever heard of anyone playing through a torn pec before) was always a bad strategy but having Fashanu goes a long way towards offsetting that AND building for the future.
Garrett Wilson is #1 for me. Had to take a WR there, and Wilson was a stud. And he's playing well.

I think this was a relatively easy draft on paper for Douglas in the 1st round. Plenty of good tackles on paper, and I always like guys like Fashanu who are viewed as studs prior to the pre-draft process, and slip a little due in part to nit-picking him. Bowers would have been good. Trading up for a WR would have been good. OT would have been good.

OT was always the play that set us up best for the long term. I like Bowers a lot, and I think Bowers could have helped out the 2024 team more than Fashanu does. However, long-term, taking an OT makes a ton of sense positionally. There will be a point this year that we are thrilled we have Fashanu.

Tags: