Author Topic: World News  (Read 106181 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: World News
« Reply #750 on: March 21, 2023, 01:30:57 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/11xguz8/unfazed_diners_in_lyon_france_while_pension/

#justfrenchthings
I've been really bummed lately thinking about how Americans just rolled over and took it when Reagan and congress did this to them in 1983.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #751 on: March 21, 2023, 01:41:04 PM »
I've been really bummed lately thinking about how Americans just rolled over and took it when Reagan and congress did this to them in 1983.

Unlike most of the Western world, the French don't have a culture of attaching self worth to work. They have a very healthy attitude of doing as little as is necessary to achieve the lifestyle they want, and no more. They don't give a excrement about their employers or their bosses and they've built unions and legislation around this mindset.

People in the US and the UK and probably plenty of other places grumble about being told they'll have to work later, in the day and in their life, but deep down don't really mind because they've allowed making money for other people to become an important determinant of how they view their own success. They struggle to imagine beyond a nebulous dream of desert islands what a life without work and responsibility to other people could possibly look like.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #753 on: June 11, 2023, 09:13:54 AM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #755 on: October 07, 2023, 07:05:35 PM »
excrement hit the fan in Israel
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #756 on: October 08, 2023, 07:30:16 AM »
excrement hit the fan in Israel

Legit the Israel 9/11

I get Israel is in a class of its own, but I can't imagine the US getting the same degree of scumminess after 9/11 that Israel is getting from a large chunk of the world (and a chunk of prominent US politicians)

Biden gets credit where it's due for generally saying the right things while some others showed their scummy bias.

But I think it's time for the whole world to give Iran the Russia treatment and absolutely annihilate them economically. (definitely not advocating for the US sticking its dick in other people's wars, but the US absolutely has a moral obligation to lead the charge on Iran, especially since the US indirectly funded this excrement by giving them freaking 6 billion dollars last month)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2023, 07:45:00 AM »
Apparently there's real concern about Hezbollah getting involved in attacking Israel as well, as this turning into one of the biggest wars in decades

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #759 on: January 01, 2024, 08:29:22 PM »
South Korea's opposition leader Lee Jae-Myung is in serious condition after being stabbed in the neck during a press conference in Busan

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #760 on: January 01, 2024, 09:15:03 PM »
South Korea's opposition leader Lee Jae-Myung is in serious condition after being stabbed in the neck during a press conference in Busan

We know what comes next.

A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: