Author Topic: Come on, man: President Joe Biden  (Read 114471 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Come on, man: President Joe Biden
« Reply #960 on: October 31, 2021, 11:27:09 PM »
The murder of an innocent person doesn't become any less tragic if the killer has the right papers.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #961 on: October 31, 2021, 11:51:16 PM »
The murder of an innocent person doesn't become any less tragic if the killer has the right papers.

Is it not more tragic when it easily could have been avoided?

IIRC everytime there's a shooting guns rights experts go crazy saying this all could have been avoided if we had better gun control laws (unless of course it's Alec Baldwin committing murder in which case the problem isn't guns, it's companies not hiring union employees) This is literally the exact same freaking excrement except on a different side of the political spectrum.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #962 on: November 01, 2021, 06:45:22 AM »
Is it not more tragic when it easily could have been avoided?

IIRC everytime there's a shooting guns rights experts go crazy saying this all could have been avoided if we had better gun control laws (unless of course it's Alec Baldwin committing murder in which case the problem isn't guns, it's companies not hiring union employees) This is literally the exact same freaking excrement except on a different side of the political spectrum.
Every murder could have been avoided if a single thing went differently leading up to it. This story just got hijacked because it's easy emotional fodder to whip people up against illegal immigrants.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #963 on: November 01, 2021, 07:35:20 AM »
Every murder could have been avoided if a single thing went differently leading up to it. This story just got hijacked because it's easy emotional fodder to whip people up against illegal immigrants.

Idk if you watched the news the last year or two. But the news cycle has been hijacked er a couple of times whenever black men have died to white police officers.

I don't know what your point is, when something happens that be politically exploited it usually is.

But this was a clear cut case of the system flat out being freaking stupid by enabling a criminal to consistently get away with crimes and thus murder this girl even though he belongs in a prison in freaking Mexico.

100% it was hijacked by some political people, but hell Covid-19, George Floyd, literally everything major that happens is.

Yet I know you don't have this same attitude whenever there's a mass shooting. It's not "oh well every murder could have been prevented if something went differently". It's usually something something guns are bad mmmkay
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:37:09 AM by dcm1602 »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #964 on: November 01, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
Cultist Karen/bootlickers out trying to cancel a Southwest Pilot and get them fired for ending a flight by saying "Lets Go Brandon."

FFS, was it the most appropriate thing to do? Of course not, but to want the guy fired?!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #965 on: November 01, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »
Cultist Karen/bootlickers out trying to cancel a Southwest Pilot and get them fired for ending a flight by saying "Lets Go Brandon."

FFS, was it the most appropriate thing to do? Of course not, but to want the guy fired?!

Like the squeals of outrage from right wing snowflakes wouldn't have been every bit as loud if he'd done the same thing a couple of years ago but with a Trump meme. And you'd have been entirely supportive of them, or at least quite happy to see them succeed.

If he gets fired, it's not because of his political views. It's because someone who is so mindblowingly stupid as to churn out unauthorized political rhetoric via a corporate medium shouldn't be allowed to fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog excrement out of Hong Kong (I've always wanted to say that), never mind a plane full of passengers. Southwest doesn't give a excrement about his views or anyone else's, they give a excrement about revenues and shareholder value and this kind of idiocy impacts both.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #966 on: November 01, 2021, 09:08:51 AM »
Like the squeals of outrage from right wing snowflakes wouldn't have been every bit as loud if he'd done the same thing a couple of years ago but with a Trump meme. And you'd have been entirely supportive of them, or at least quite happy to see them succeed.

If he gets fired, it's not because of his political views. It's because someone who is so mindblowingly stupid as to churn out unauthorized political rhetoric via a corporate medium shouldn't be allowed to fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog excrement out of Hong Kong (I've always wanted to say that), never mind a plane full of passengers. Southwest doesn't give a excrement about his views or anyone else's, they give a excrement about revenues and shareholder value and this kind of idiocy impacts both.

This is total and complete bullshit JE.

For four years the "squeals of outrage" were minimal compared to the constant barrage of "principled resistance" or as I called it REEEEEEEEEsistance in terms of people saying "freak DRUMF" each and every chance they got with nary a consequence.

I know one thing, had the shoe been on the other foot I wouldn't have wanted someone to lose their livelihood over it, but that's just me I guess. Nothing a stern talking to couldn't accomplish.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #967 on: November 01, 2021, 09:38:41 AM »
This is total and complete bullshit JE.

For four years the "squeals of outrage" were minimal compared to the constant barrage of "principled resistance" or as I called it REEEEEEEEEsistance in terms of people saying "freak DRUMF" each and every chance they got with nary a consequence.

I know one thing, had the shoe been on the other foot I wouldn't have wanted someone to lose their livelihood over it, but that's just me I guess. Nothing a stern talking to couldn't accomplish.

Mmmm. I'm fairly sure that the size of the violin you'd be playing in the reverse situation would be on the very small end of the scale.

There are pilots sitting around waiting for the phone to ring right now. It takes a special level of stupid to think that this wasn't going to have any kind of repercussions. It's no different to me jumping on the company Twitter account and posting political memes, even if my bosses agree with me they're not going to let it pass when my actions reflect on the company and impact its revenue generation.

Also, the level of "REEEEEEEEsistance" from the right to a mediocre centrist trying to achieve not very much and failing to do most of that is every bit as extreme as it was to Trump, and with far less sensible justification.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #968 on: November 01, 2021, 09:44:19 AM »
Mmmm. I'm fairly sure that the size of the violin you'd be playing in the reverse situation would be on the very small end of the scale.

There are pilots sitting around waiting for the phone to ring right now. It takes a special level of stupid to think that this wasn't going to have any kind of repercussions. It's no different to me jumping on the company Twitter account and posting political memes, even if my bosses agree with me they're not going to let it pass when my actions reflect on the company and impact its revenue generation.

Also, the level of "REEEEEEEEsistance" from the right to a mediocre centrist trying to achieve not very much and failing to do most of that is every bit as extreme as it was to Trump, and with far less sensible justification.

Biden isn't governing or spewing rhetoric that's that of a mediocre centrist. The idea that he's governing from the middle is brought to you by the same people that tried arguing that Merrick Garland was a centrist.

Let me understand this, its your contention that "Lets Go Brandon" is every bit as extreme as what we saw from 2016-2020? LOL.

Again, as I said in the OP on the subject, I'm not saying what the pilot said wasn't inappropriate under the circumstances, but to classify it as a hanging offense is incredibly harsh, and not commiserate to the offense.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 09:47:57 AM by mj2sexay »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #969 on: November 01, 2021, 02:56:26 PM »

He's obviously an idiot for doing this, unless he has media aspirations and this is part of his masterplan.

Definitely shouldn't be fired over it, definitely should be suspended/punished.

Honestly though I could give a freak what happens to some random dude. I think the most important thing is whether the company ultimately makes the decision or if it's the outside mob dictating what southwest does with its employee.

I'm not a fan of angry mobs dictating demands

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #970 on: November 01, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »
Honestly though I could give a freak what happens to some random dude. I think the most important thing is whether the company ultimately makes the decision or if it's the outside mob dictating what southwest does with its employee.

You and I both know, this is exactly what's happening. The worst of blue check twitter has congregated for their scalp. DefiantL's (a fantastic  twitter account which is indeed a bit of an oxymoron) is putting together a nice compilation of people that have been vociferous in their freak TRUMP rhetoric that want the pilot fired.

In before "well they did that on twitter and not at work" as if a certain former NFL player who recently made an idiotic comparison between the combine and slavery didn't demonstrate on company time and dime.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #971 on: November 01, 2021, 03:51:47 PM »

I think the most important thing is whether the company ultimately makes the decision or if it's the outside mob dictating what southwest does with its employee.

The ol' reverse kneejerk. Seems like you're ready to attribute whatever happens to him to "the mob" anyway.

For the record I don't think anything worse than a talking to is necessary here.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #972 on: November 01, 2021, 03:59:49 PM »
For the record I don't think anything worse than a talking to is necessary here.

Nothing a stern talking to couldn't accomplish.

Love that! Every once in a while we land on the same conclusion.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #973 on: November 01, 2021, 04:00:49 PM »

This
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #974 on: November 01, 2021, 07:14:27 PM »
You and I both know, this is exactly what's happening. The worst of blue check twitter has congregated for their scalp. DefiantL's (a fantastic  twitter account which is indeed a bit of an oxymoron) is putting together a nice compilation of people that have been vociferous in their freak TRUMP rhetoric that want the pilot fired.

In before "well they did that on twitter and not at work" as if a certain former NFL player who recently made an idiotic comparison between the combine and slavery didn't demonstrate on company time and dime.

It's funny that you love to blame "blue check Twitter" for excrement when it's proven beyond all doubt that Twitter leans heavily to the right.

For the record, I don't give a freak whether this guy gets fired, told off, or completely ignored. In principle continuing to employ pilots so dumb that they think the PA of a commercial aircraft is an appropriate place for political memes makes me less likely to fly with that airline, in reality I'm going to book a flight with them without a second thought if they're $20 cheaper than the other guys.

Tags: