Author Topic: Week 7: Bills at Jets  (Read 8185 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Week 7: Bills at Jets
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2020, 08:08:13 AM »
Let Becton kick FGs

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2020, 08:13:33 AM »
as was mentioned, we fucked up becton's 'comeback' monumentally as well. if he wasn't fit enough to start, he shouldn't be fit enough to play after the 4th play of the game

gase is making all the calls, so i'm not sure what the difference has been with mims (maybe gase felt the alternatives to mims were sufficient enough (LOL) to let him rest more, while the backup tackles/QBs we have are not very good). but i agree that this means that douglas needs to grow a pair and speak up.

What's this "we" excrement? That was Gase being Gase.

Hamstrings for runners are pretty cut an dry, if you don't let them heal, good luck. They almost always happen in the beginning of camp or the season. SO I understand the Mims thing.

That said if an offensive lineman gets a bad shoulder that's the single worst injury for them, even worse than knee injuries, it's the death knell for them. The FO understands this I hope, if they don't they're freaking idiots and should be summarily executed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:15:56 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2020, 08:24:59 AM »
pretty sure that 'team docs' more or less come from affiliations teams set up with certain hospital networks.

i don't know if this is true anymore but i know for certain that ~7-8 years ago NYG team doctors came from Hackensack University Medical Center which is located minutes before the GWB in north jersey.

if i had to make a guess, based on our florham park team HQ, i would imagine the NYJ team docs come from Morristown Medical Center. after that, physician assignment may be somewhat arbitrary i imagine, and possibly depends on a combo of physician interest/availability and allocation of the 'best docs' at the institution as able.

i don't necessarily think that means that the best docs at the institution get assigned to the team, and if they still limit doc choice by institution, it doesn't mean that we'd have the best docs in the tri-state area.

of course, for serious and/or high-stake injuries, teams will always go out and search for expert opinion even if it means going elsewhere, and for good reason. it's why guys like james andrews kill it

Team docs are very dependent on the organization and the sport. Some teams charge for the right to be affiliated, some pick the Dr based on skill and some are picked through who they know, while others are how you said. It really does vary and sometimes even thougfh they're a "team" Dr, they're not the Dr used for surgery or many procedures that would take place during the year. It's really kind of wierd. I do personally know 1 team Doc, for an NHL team.

I know the Jets DR's in the past were not picked on skill, that much is evident by the Jets team "physician" being a concussion denier and the NFL's pointman on how head injuries were no big deal. A statement that was shown to be pure unadulterated horseshit. That jackass Pellman ran a completely fabricated study and somehow had an NFL job until 2016. Here's an article one of a 1000 on how this guy is a quack:

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/7/20/12239202/nfl-concussions-cte-elliot-pellman

Let this sink in to how the Jets are run by Woodrow, an heir to a pharmaceutical fortune, it's almost too funny to think about:

"Players who are concussed and return to the same game have fewer initial signs and symptoms than those removed from play. Return to play does not involve a significant risk of a second injury either in the same game or during the season."

That was part of the Jets team Dr's philosophy on head injuries.......probably why Al Toon and Wayne Chrebet eat pureed peas.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:30:51 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2020, 08:28:34 AM »
We might not need him.
Ficken is our entire offense.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2020, 08:31:02 AM »
Puck For Jets Team Doctor!

"Looks like an ACL tear.  Get me the duct tape!"

"Concussion?  Weren't you wearing a helmet you poopchute?!?!"

"Looks like his eye fell out.  Glue!  Now!"

"Listen lover of the older lady, That rib'll be buttoned up better than Hope Solo's wizard sleeve once I hit it with the nail gun. Quit crying bitch."

"Liability insurance is for pussies!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2020, 08:33:28 AM »
Puck For Jets Team Doctor!

"Looks like an ACL tear.  Get me the duct tape!"

"Concussion?  Weren't you wearing a helmet you poopchute?!?!"

"Looks like his eye fell out.  Glue!  Now!"

"Listen lover of the older lady, That rib'll be buttoned up better than Hope Solo's wizard sleeve once I hit it with the nail gun. Quit crying bitch."

"Liability insurance is for pussies!"

You can be the Jets DR quicker than I could...... You could reach into Adam Gase's poopchute with one of th3e cow condoms you used on MB at the Anchor.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2020, 08:35:02 AM »
Somehow this has been overlooked

Sam ficken will not play tomorrow

Next Mann up!
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2020, 08:35:23 AM »
You can be the Jets DR quicker than I could...... You could reach into Adam Gase's poopchute with one of th3e cow condoms you used on MB at the Anchor.
Those are for special occasions.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2020, 09:05:09 AM »
We might not need him.
Honestly I was contemplating this morning if we needed one.

As an 0-6 team and a coach fighting for their lives, if mann can do kick offs why go for any field goals at all?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »
If Darnold isn't 100% they should not let him play.  This just shows the organization is not tied to him and they are asking him to prove he belongs here.

It's roster mismanagement at its finest.

This
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »
Douglas is probably allowing Gase to dig himself into a deeper hole at the cost of Sam's health.  It's awful, but it might be part of Douglas building a case to have Gase fired.

Gase should be forced to dig his hole with Joe Flacco. Zero reason to drag Sam into it
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »
Gase should be forced to dig his hole with Wesco-cat. Zero reason to drag Sam into it

Fyp

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
Looks like Crowder is out.  Tank is still on.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2020, 05:41:11 PM »
Bills are decimated with injuries and dirty covid, apparently their 3 starting corners and 3 best linebackers are all out or carrying injuries. I have hope that we might actually have a fighting chance in this game.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2020, 05:44:04 PM »
Bills are decimated with injuries and dirty covid, apparently their 3 starting corners and 3 best linebackers are all out or carrying injuries. I have hope that we might actually have a fighting chance in this game.

Stop rooting for your team to win! What is wrong with you?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: