Author Topic: Week 3 Other Games  (Read 3980 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Week 3 Other Games
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2020, 08:43:01 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2020, 10:52:39 AM »
Hey, the good news is that Ficken hasn't been our problem this year.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »
Seems like they dialed back a little on the broadcast crowd noise.  Laugh tracks are the worst.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2020, 07:56:08 PM »
Seems like they dialed back a little on the broadcast crowd noise.  Laugh tracks are the worst.

Counterpoint: It was kind of weird hearing the pumped up crowd noise over the air only to listen to the broadcaster explain how there was no way hard counts would work so well if the stadium wasn't so quiet.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2020, 08:20:11 PM »
Watching KC and Andy Reid's inventive playbook on display.  Third and goal, shovel pass to a FB (from UConn) who lines up in the slot and on the snap blocks the guy in front of him and then peels back inside....pitch/catch.....middle wide open, FB walks into the EZ.   Fire Gase.   

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2020, 08:42:34 PM »
Watching KC and Andy Reid's inventive playbook on display.  Third and goal, shovel pass to a FB (from UConn) who lines up in the slot and on the snap blocks the guy in front of him and then peels back inside....pitch/catch.....middle wide open, FB walks into the EZ.   Fire Gase.
You'll get a halfback dive and like it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2020, 09:01:03 PM »
We play the Chiefs this year.  Lol.  They shouldn't even dress Mahomes.  I don't gamble, but whatever the spread, bet against the Jets.  25, 30, doesn't matter.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2020, 10:52:54 AM »
Weird stat from last night: Eric Fisher is the first #1 overall pick to catch a TD pass since Keyshawn Johnson.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2020, 11:20:11 AM »
Weird stat from last night: Eric Fisher is the first #1 overall pick to catch a TD pass since Keyshawn Johnson.

That's not a sentence that I'd expect to read today.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »

Has there been a playmaker who was picked #1 since Keyshawn? I know there hasn’t been an RB who was, and I know no TE has ever gone #1. I’d guess no WRs did since Calvin Johnson didn’t.

I guess that just goes to show that WRs and RBs and TEs are not high enough value positions to go #1 more than anything else
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2020, 12:20:24 PM »
Has there been a playmaker who was picked #1 since Keyshawn? I know there hasn’t been an RB who was, and I know no TE has ever gone #1. I’d guess no WRs did since Calvin Johnson didn’t.

I guess that just goes to show that WRs and RBs and TEs are not high enough value positions to go #1 more than anything else

Keyshawn was drafted almost 25 years ago. I'm surprised that in all that time there hasn't been some kind of gadget play, even just a simple wildcat pass, that resulted in a QB drafted #1 catching the TD.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »
Keyshawn was drafted almost 25 years ago. I'm surprised that in all that time there hasn't been some kind of gadget play, even just a simple wildcat pass, that resulted in a QB drafted #1 catching the TD.

Either that or someone putting their edge rusher or DLineman in as a FB on a goal line play.

The Pro Bowl LT is the last one I’d expect.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2020, 01:59:27 PM »

I thought Mayfield caught a TD against us.  Or was that a two point conversion? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »
I thought Mayfield caught a TD against us.  Or was that a two point conversion? 

Two point conversion.  Ugh.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2020, 05:24:34 PM »
Getting rid of Gase better kill our losing streak with the freaking Browns.

Tags: