Author Topic: Vyncint Smith  (Read 2799 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Vyncint Smith
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »
When did Vyncynt Symyth become important enough for anyone to care?  Wasn't he like WR6.  We'll be aight.  Return, don't return, who cares?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 04:48:50 PM »
When did Vyncynt Symyth become important enough for anyone to care?  Wasn't he like WR6.  We'll be aight.  Return, don't return, who cares?

He was probably going to be our #2 wideout this season.  He played well down the stretch and was developing behind Thomas. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 05:03:28 PM »
He was probably going to be our #2 wideout this season.  He played well down the stretch and was developing behind Thomas.
I was thinking WR3 at best behind Perriman and Crowder.  Mims can replace him when his hamstring gets duct taped back together.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 05:08:22 PM »
I was thinking WR3 at best behind Perriman and Crowder.  Mims can replace him when his hamstring gets duct taped back together.

Crowder is a slot receiver and our #1 option.  I was looking at Perriman and Smith on the outside with Crowder in the slot. 

Mims is not better than Smith right now and he's not even close to being ready to contribute all the time.  I'd rather see him beat out Smith than have the job handed to him. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 06:30:55 PM »
I actually liked Smith quite a bit last season. He’s fast and has decent hands, if he can improve his route running he could carve a decent career with us.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 11:03:50 AM »
I actually liked Smith quite a bit last season. He’s fast and has decent hands, if he can improve his route running he could carve a decent career with us.

Was thinking the same. If he can stay on the field there's an opportunity for him.

One reason Wayne Chrebet even made the team in 1995 was that our WR group was so thin. A lot of people interpreted his making the team as the Jets being so terrible, which they turned out to be, but he of course turned out to be worthy of the roster spot and had a nice career.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: