Author Topic: Sermon on Mount Becton  (Read 75731 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Sermon on Mount Becton
« Reply #1020 on: August 04, 2023, 11:29:42 AM »
Thought we were changing the field this summer for the fall

We already did.

From an SI article in March:

The new playing surface in both facilities is a monofilament synthetic grass, replacing the slit film surface previously in place. The current slit film surface, according to Pioneer Athletics, consists of "fibers created from a single piece of flat plastic which create a canopy over the infill.

Not sure how much of an improvement this will actually be.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1021 on: August 04, 2023, 12:06:38 PM »
Just plant freaking grass!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1022 on: August 04, 2023, 12:09:57 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1023 on: August 04, 2023, 01:36:48 PM »
Dude is mentally soft

Or he’s 400 lbs coming off back to back serious knee injuries. Either or
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1024 on: August 04, 2023, 01:51:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1687457709027647488

Definitely still adjusting to his current state.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1025 on: August 04, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »
Definitely still adjusting to his current state.

Ideally, he shakes this and can become a starter for us again but I think using him as a swing tackle early on is probably best case scenario early in the season.

Put him on the right to help out Mitchell in short yardage situations.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1026 on: August 04, 2023, 02:26:49 PM »
Ideally, he shakes this and can become a starter for us again but I think using him as a swing tackle early on is probably best case scenario early in the season.

Put him on the right to help out Mitchell in short yardage situations.

Rob Turner role. Limited snaps, but murdering people in the run game when needed. Sounds like a good way to work him in
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1027 on: August 04, 2023, 02:52:59 PM »
Dude is mentally soft

Or he’s 400 lbs coming off back to back serious knee injuries. Either or

Not either-or: both. 

There's no part of the injury recovery process that mandates you throw the coaches and training staff under the bus for your own inability to stay healthy.  That's the weakest excrement ever.  No personal accountability whatsoever, and he plays in a position group that is nothing but accountability.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1028 on: August 04, 2023, 03:33:56 PM »
Not either-or: both. 

There's no part of the injury recovery process that mandates you throw the coaches and training staff under the bus for your own inability to stay healthy.  That's the weakest excrement ever.  No personal accountability whatsoever, and he plays in a position group that is nothing but accountability.

He did mention recently that he needed to mature, so while he did screw up last year with that nonsense if he learned from it, I think he should be allowed the mulligan.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1029 on: August 04, 2023, 03:47:15 PM »
He did mention recently that he needed to mature, so while he did screw up last year with that nonsense if he learned from it, I think he should be allowed the mulligan.

It wasn't last year, it was two months ago...

“It made no sense to put me at right tackle,” Becton said to Newsday’s Bob Glauber. I hurt my right knee. That’s going to be the knee that I put the most pressure on [in pass protection.] I explained it [to the coaches], but no one cared.”

...and Tuesday.

Zack Rosenblatt
@ZackBlatt
·
1h
Mekhi Becton said his knee was never fully healed going into last year. “I didn’t get the surgery I was supposed to get.” #Jets

I think excrement's going to hit the fan with Hard Knocks.  Something's going to rub him the wrong way and he's going to flip out on twitter. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 03:49:06 PM by reuben »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1030 on: August 04, 2023, 05:47:29 PM »
Two months ago he hadn't met his new hard derriere position coach from Tennessee. I'm willing to believe he's had a couple of tough conversations about how he has the opportunity to be a key part of one of the most exciting teams in the NFL, or a guy who's calling 31 other teams trying to get a camp tryout next year, and it's time to excrement or get off the pot.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1031 on: August 04, 2023, 05:52:26 PM »
He'll either learn to stop talking like that or he'll continue to be buried. I honestly don't think it's worth the time worrying about the guy who only played 1 regular season game in the last two years.

The plan seems to be having Brown play LT once he's back and if he doesn't last then I'm assuming the contingency will be AVT at LT with Mitchell at RT and an interior mix of Tomlinson/McGovern/Schweitzer/Tippmann.

The plan for Becton shouldn't be anything more than a pleasant surprise if he stays healthy throughout the season and an "Oh, holy excrement" if he somehow reclaims a tackle spot. I want him to succeed but I'm not counting on it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1032 on: August 04, 2023, 10:29:50 PM »
I’m not too worried about it. Staying on the field is Becton’s only issue (a big issue). When he’s played, he’s performed. He hasn’t handled the last 2 years well at all… it’s a high stress situation. The guys career is on the line and he’s constantly under fire.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1033 on: August 12, 2023, 11:01:28 PM »
Just thinking about Jeff Otah for no particular reason lately

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1034 on: August 13, 2023, 09:40:57 AM »
I’m not too worried about it. Staying on the field is Becton’s only issue (a big issue). When he’s played, he’s performed. He hasn’t handled the last 2 years well at all… it’s a high stress situation. The guys career is on the line and he’s constantly under fire.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: