Author Topic: Jets lose 18-10 to Bills despite playcaller Towel Longjohns  (Read 6103 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Jets lose 18-10 to Bills despite playcaller Towel Longjohns
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2020, 07:20:09 AM »
What happened to Mims and Perine in the 2nd half?

Gase
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2020, 07:22:06 AM »
What happened to Mims and Perine in the 2nd half?

Ran out of plays on the sheet for them.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2020, 07:22:20 AM »
Gase

Probably expressed his dissatisfaction with the way Loggains ran the offense in the first half and gave him some pointers. We went back to normal in the second half
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2020, 07:31:25 AM »
Probably expressed his dissatisfaction with the way Loggains ran the offense in the first half and gave him some pointers. We went back to normal in the second half

Pretty much.

Gase couldn't handle his toadstool being more successful, so he had to take back the reins.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2020, 10:29:27 AM »
Not to defend some of Sam's decision-making in the second half, but FFS, he looked pretty good in the first half. Before halftime, there were all kinds of presnap motion and playaction going on. What happened in the second half?

I'm really sick of the idea that we should give up on Sam. The problem with this team is glaringly obvious. Is Sam the answer? We have absolutely no idea. But we do know what the heart of the problem is.
How many years can you give a quarterback who still hasn't proven by year 3 if he's the answer?

In normal circumstances, I would be all for giving Sam a fourth year, and bringing in a veteran backup in case Sam falters.

But these are not normal circumstances. We are in position to get the best QB prospect in a long time. As a result, the timeline gets pushed up significantly on Sam.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
Becton and Darnold didn't get re-injured, so that's good.

We need to keep Darnold healthy to see how he plays out the year.  I don't expect him to light the world on fire, but we need to know if he will show no life or keep fighting and show some moxie.  We got a half of each yesterday.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »
Becton and Darnold didn't get re-injured, so that's good.

We need to keep Darnold healthy to see how he plays out the year.  I don't expect him to light the world on fire, but we need to know if he will show no life or keep fighting and show some moxie.  We got a half of each yesterday.

He'd have to absolutely light the league up to be our quarterback heading into 2021.  That won't happen. 

Any new coaching staff will want their own guy. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2020, 04:58:34 PM »
Candidate who least deserves to be hired: "I think I can bring out the winner in Sam Darnold.

Whichever Johnson brother is in charge of hiring: Thank god, a terrible decision!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2020, 05:27:23 PM »
Coaching to where Sam Darnold is going:  down the toilet
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

I'm really sick of the idea that we should give up on Sam. The problem with this team is glaringly obvious. Is Sam the answer? We have absolutely no idea. But we do know what the heart of the problem is.

My tipping point is whether or not we get the 1st pick. If we get it, move on from Sam. If he wins enough games to get us out of it, keep trying to build around him.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »
How many years can you give a quarterback who still hasn't proven by year 3 if he's the answer?

In normal circumstances, I would be all for giving Sam a fourth year, and bringing in a veteran backup in case Sam falters.

But these are not normal circumstances. We are in position to get the best QB prospect in a long time. As a result, the timeline gets pushed up significantly on Sam.
I legitimately believe in a 7 year curve for QB peak development. I think you keep building around someone who shows promise unless an alternative you can't refuse falls in your lap.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »
Lotsa games left for us to figure out Darnold and his future here.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2020, 08:06:43 PM »

My tipping point is whether or not we get the 1st pick. If we get it, move on from Sam. If he wins enough games to get us out of it, keep trying to build around him.

I am 100% in this camp. If you can draft Lawrence, you just do it (unless someone offers you a windfall of early-round picks) and never look back. Then you either try to get something for Sam, or let him be the whipping boy for a year or two while you build the offense for Trevor.

But if you don't get the #1, you use all of your draft capital to build an offense for Darnold. If it doesn't look like it's working by spring 2023, you use that draft to nab his replacement.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2020, 08:16:53 PM »
I am 100% in this camp. If you can draft Lawrence, you just do it (unless someone offers you a windfall of early-round picks) and never look back. Then you either try to get something for Sam, or let him be the whipping boy for a year or two while you build the offense for Trevor.

But if you don't get the #1, you use all of your draft capital to build an offense for Darnold. If it doesn't look like it's working by spring 2023, you use that draft to nab his replacement.
Well, what do you consider a windfall? I think we would absolutely get three 1sts for that pick if we wanted to move it. I wouldn't though.

To me, it also depends how Justin Fields does. Fields was the No. 1 recruit in the country coming out. He's big, he's athletic, he's extremely productive. If he has a monster season, he could easily make this a Luck-RG3 type draft. I need to watch more of him (and watch more of Sam). He's a great prospect in his own right.

Sam has 9 more games here. We'll see how he does. Right now, the jury is still very much out on him. If that's still the case in April, we'll see what happens.

Regardless, we will have a chance to draft either a generational QB (Lawrence), a generational OT (Sewell), an elite WR (Chase) or an elite QB (Fields, assuming he plays his way there). We picked a good year to suck.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
If we pick Sewell do we move Becton to RT?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: