Author Topic: LOLffensive Skill Players  (Read 29356 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: Offensive Skill Players
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2020, 11:50:20 AM »
We really need to build a WR corps around Sam that will be around for a while for consistency purposes. I remember when Sanchez was at his best, had Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery.  Then they got rid of Edwards and Cotch, brought in Derek Mason and Tebow and completely ruined Dirty

Let's hope they don't ruin Sam too.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
Plax and Holmes weren't exactly models for team chemistry, either.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2020, 02:47:30 PM »
We really need to build a WR corps around Sam that will be around for a while for consistency purposes. I remember when Sanchez was at his best, had Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery.  Then they got rid of Edwards and Cotch, brought in Derek Mason and Tebow and completely ruined Dirty

Let's hope they don't ruin Sam too.

That’s why I want to see us double dip at WR in rounds 2 and 3. Let’s start getting some long term pieces with real talent in this house.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:19 PM »
Plax and Holmes weren't exactly models for team chemistry, either.

Derrick Mason might have been the worst one and contributed the least on the field
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:28 PM »
I think a better QB overcomes that. Let's face it, Sanchez wasn't that good. I liked him as much as anyone and he gets a lot of undue excrement, but he never took the team on his back when he needed to. Holmes was also culpable, he and Sanchez got the contracts to be the heart of the passing game and neither lived up to it.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 05:02:39 PM »
Derrick Mason might have been the worst one and contributed the least on the field

I honestly cannot remember anything from Mason being on the team.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 06:07:12 PM »
I think a better QB overcomes that. Let's face it, Sanchez wasn't that good. I liked him as much as anyone and he gets a lot of undue excrement, but he never took the team on his back when he needed to. Holmes was also culpable, he and Sanchez got the contracts to be the heart of the passing game and neither lived up to it.

1.  You must be forgetting the 5 or 6 game winning drives Mark had in year 2
2.  Not all starting quarterbacks are able to put the team on their back
3.  Sanchez never got a second contract from the Jets

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 06:16:26 PM »
1.  You must be forgetting the 5 or 6 game winning drives Mark had in year 2
2.  Not all starting quarterbacks are able to put the team on their back
3.  Sanchez never got a second contract from the Jets

1. They wouldn't have been in those situations if Sanchez played better.
2. No, but he was certainly drafted to be that guy eventually and didn't even come close.
3. He got a new contract when Peyton spurned the Jets in free agency that off season.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 06:22:52 PM »

2. No, but he was certainly drafted to be that guy eventually and didn't even come close.
3. He got a new contract when Peyton spurned the Jets in free agency that off season.

But it didn't keep him on the team any longer than his original rookie deal would have.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
This is such a excrement response led by negative past emotions that only exist because of a departure from reality and objectivity.

The first three years of his career were better than the average quarterback who gets drafted top 15, and he got better every year in every category as the coaching staff was adding more to his plate.

Sanchez may not have been destined to be a franchise quarterback, but if you put your emotions aside and take him for what he was, an above average NFL quarterback that was raw and needed coaching to turn him into a franchise quarterback, you can see that he could have been part of the solution and he wasn't the problem.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:05:00 PM by insanity »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »
Seriously, Sanchez started his career with arguably the best OL and Defense in the league. Yet somehow because he had a few receivers come and go people cry for him like he got thrown to the wolves.

Sanchez showed what he was, a poor decision maker that could not read defenses well and was prone to turning it over. If he was a great QB he would have worked out for someone else. Instead he’s on TV these days.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
Say what you will about Dirty...he still holds the Jets franchise record for most playoff wins by a QB

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »
This is such a excrement response led by negative past emotions that only exist because of a departure from reality and objectivity.

The first three years of his career were better than the average quarterback who gets drafted top 15, and he got better every year in every category as the coaching staff was adding more to his plate.

Sanchez may not have been destined to be a franchise quarterback, but if you put your emotions aside and take him for what he was, an above average NFL quarterback that was raw and needed coaching to turn him into a franchise quarterback

I actually liked Sanchez when he was here. There really are no negative emotions toward him. That offense had a lot of talent his second season and he missed so many easy freaking throws that got to be really irritating at times. Probably the worst case of this was the Colts playoff game that year.

His problem was that he turned out to be average when he should have been much more then that. You can blame the coaching staff and front office for much of it, but a lot of it was on him.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
Seriously, Sanchez started his career with arguably the best OL and Defense in the league. Yet somehow because he had a few receivers come and go people cry for him like he got thrown to the wolves.

Sanchez showed what he was, a poor decision maker that could not read defenses well and was prone to turning it over. If he was a great QB he would have worked out for someone else. Instead he’s on TV these days.

Not only was he all that you listed, but he also had this hoo-ha boy pouty mentality on the sideline every time he turned it over. Imagine if he threw a pick six his first NFL throw like Sam did? He would have excrement the bed the rest of the game.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 07:15:19 PM »
Not only was he all that you listed, but he also had this hoo-ha boy pouty mentality on the sideline every time he turned it over. Imagine if he threw a pick six his first NFL throw like Sam did? He would have excrement the bed the rest of the game.
Thank you for reminding me. Rex had to implement a red light green light system like Mark was some kind of fuckin retard

Tags: