Author Topic: Tennessee Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt  (Read 5937 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Tennessee Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 08:27:25 AM »
I feel like a lot of head coaches opt toward the position where they have more control over the staff and player personnel, moreso than the roster they inherit. Or he's just getting paid more at Tennessee.

Do you think Detroit had made an offer already?

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »
Do you think Detroit had made an offer already?

I have no idea, actually. I assume he had a general idea of what he'd be getting, though.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
Tennessee has a good history with regards to head coaches. They treated Fisher well and were going to give Munchak a very healthy raise if he fired some staff.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »
He played for us in the Bruce Coslet days. Pretty sure I remember him with a costly motion penalty of some sort when were inside the 5.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
Whisenhunt has been there and done it before, so he was probably looking for certain things with his second head coaching gig. 

We'll never really know if he chose Tennessee over Matt Stafford unless he comes out and says it.

If it were me and I had a choice of gigs, I would go where the QB situation is best, or the one where I am allowed to make my own decision with the QB spot, that way if I am getting fired, its because I fucked up, not because I got stuck with some other guys QB who failed.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:49 PM »
According to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com, the Titans offered Whisenhunt $1 million per year more than the Lions.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »
According to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com, the Titans offered Whisenhunt $1 million per year more than the Lions.

Wow. That's a lot of money.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 09:08:52 PM »
Tennessee has a good history with regards to head coaches. They treated Fisher well and were going to give Munchak a very healthy raise if he fired some staff.

Fisher did take them to a superbowl (which they lost) and was one of the most influential/respected head coaches in the league. heavily involved with the competition committees

I dont know if id say Munchak was treated particularly well though

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 09:20:31 PM »
The sole Titans fan I know, who is a smart guy who knows his football and knows his team, thinks Munchak did a really good job. To quote:

Though he was a little dated in his approach, he stabilised a toxic situation in Tennessee.

Vince Young and Jeff Fisher had corroded the dressing room and leaders like Keith Bullock and Jevon Kearse had gone.

He did a great job of creating a culture, aided by great pick ups like Matt Hasellbeck. He installed Craig Stevens and Nate Washington as captains and took the sting out of CJ by lobbying for him to be extended.

Did a nice job of stabilising us and making it an attractive job.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »
Shots fired

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313743/article/leinart-says-kurt-warner-not-whisenhunt-ran-cards?campaign=Twitter_atl

"I don't think it's a great fit, and I don't think it's great timing, and here's why," Matt Leinart told Fox Sports Live this week, per ArizonaSports.com. "You look at his tenure in Arizona -- only two years, he had success, and in those two years, Kurt Warner ran that football team -- I was a part of it.

"Every single Monday, Kurt Warner would come in and implement 20 to 30 new plays, which he would say, 'I want these in my game plan.' We became a spread offense and we became Kurt Warner's offense. Then Kurt Warner retires, they go 5-11 twice and they go 8-8."

(The potentially bitter) Leinart warned: "The Tennessee Titans do not have a quarterback right now."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »
^ that's hilarious
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: titans