Author Topic: Houston Astros*  (Read 37377 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Houston Astros*
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2020, 11:18:11 AM »
I gotta be honest, I'm 100% in favor of guys like Altuve, Bregman, and Correa getting beaned every single day. But hitting the shoulder of a guy who will return to AA in a few weeks kind of sucks.

I saw people saying things like "guilt by association" but c'mon.

i agree with this. kind of dumb to hit players and/or minor leaguers who had nothing to do with it

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »
i agree with this. kind of dumb to hit players and/or minor leaguers who had nothing to do with it

That’ll learn em to not even think about cheetin
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2020, 11:46:35 AM »
Gerritt Cole says they absolutely, definitely, 100% were not cheating in 2018 when he was there. The apologist-in-chief Mr Manfred said in his report that they were cheating in 2018. So what do you think, Yankees fans? Was Manfred wrong, is Cole a liar as well as a cheat, or is he just too dumb to have realised that it was going on despite the other players in the Houston bullpen apparently knowing about it?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2020, 12:59:50 PM »
Gerritt Cole says they absolutely, definitely, 100% were not cheating in 2018 when he was there. The apologist-in-chief Mr Manfred said in his report that they were cheating in 2018. So what do you think, Yankees fans? Was Manfred wrong, is Cole a liar as well as a cheat, or is he just too dumb to have realised that it was going on despite the other players in the Houston bullpen apparently knowing about it?

Of course he's lying. What's he supposed to do? Say "Yeah, I know the Yankees are paying me now, but I was privy to some sweet sophisticated cheating methods while playing against them last year!"

Beltran lied to the Yankees too. Again, what was he supposed to do? He had just become an employee of the team right after cheating them out of a title opportunity.

And before anyone says I'm making excuses for them, I'm not. I don't blame Altuve for fabricating a tattoo story to cover up using a buzzer either. What I do blame everyone for is the cheating itself. The thing about Cole for me is 1) it's not like he was actively involved in the actual cheating, so it's easier to stomach now that he plays for my team and 2) he has the opportunity to personally make up for being an Astro*.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »
Of course he's lying. What's he supposed to do? Say "Yeah, I know the Yankees are paying me now, but I was privy to some sweet sophisticated cheating methods while playing against them last year!"

"I wasn't at the Astros when they won the World Series, these questions are for the Astros organisation to answer, I'm just focused on being the best player I can be for the Yankees."

Barefaced lies that are demonstrably and provably such are a mark of his character and intelligence, IMO. We already knew that Altuve was a spineless shitstain, apparently Cole is as well.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »
If you want to hold someone accountable for saying the Astros weren’t cheating in 2018 on, go after Carlos Correa first and foremost. Who knows if Gerrit Cole actually knew what was going on if they changed their scheme from the trash can to something else.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2020, 01:40:47 PM »
"I wasn't at the Astros when they won the World Series, these questions are for the Astros organisation to answer, I'm just focused on being the best player I can be for the Yankees."

Barefaced lies that are demonstrably and provably such are a mark of his character and intelligence, IMO. We already knew that Altuve was a spineless shitstain, apparently Cole is as well.

Now you're being ridiculous. I admittedly give Cole a bit of a pass because he's a Yankee now, but he also wasn't a direct beneficiary of the cheating scheme--whether he knew about it or not.

What you said would've probably have been the better thing to say, but whatever. Again, I don't blame the guy for saying "Yeah, I don't know anything about the scheme that likely kept my new employer out of the most important event in the sport. Twice."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »
If you want to hold someone accountable for saying the Astros weren’t cheating in 2018 on, go after Carlos Correa first and foremost. Who knows if Gerrit Cole actually knew what was going on if they changed their scheme from the trash can to something else.

It changed to whistling (apart from any buzzer-related activity).

I distinctly remember Tanaka repeatedly looking into the Astros* dugout while pitching in Houston last year and they kept showing Bregman whistling. At the time, I thought Tanaka was getting irritated that they were trying to distract him right before the pitch, but given all the information we have now, there's no doubt in my mind it was a trashcan signal replacement-and a far better one. A trash can bang is hard to cover up/justify, but whistling in a ballpark?

I wonder if jonboy would uncover a "1 whistle curveball, 2 quick whistles is a change, 1 long-1 short is a slider" type of scheme.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2020, 01:50:35 PM »

I think that everyone who was part of that franchise during the asterisk years needs to accept their part in it.

"I had no idea that this was going on, but if I was an indirect beneficiary of it by being part of that team then I feel let down and disappointed by those who were doing it, and I'm just glad that I don't have to look at a World Series ring and wonder if I really deserve it. I'm looking forward to winning one the right way with the Yankees."

This excrement isn't difficult.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2020, 02:03:10 PM »
I think that everyone who was part of that franchise during the asterisk years needs to accept their part in it.

"I had no idea that this was going on, but if I was an indirect beneficiary of it by being part of that team then I feel let down and disappointed by those who were doing it, and I'm just glad that I don't have to look at a World Series ring and wonder if I really deserve it. I'm looking forward to winning one the right way with the Yankees."

This excrement isn't difficult.

I think he’s waiting to follow Wade Miley and Charlie Morton’s lead

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2020, 02:04:55 PM »
Keuchel, now a member of the White Sox, apologized for the Astros' actions at SoxFest on Friday. He played for Houston for the first seven years of his career.
"It's just what the state of baseball was at that point in time. Was it against the rules? Yes, it was. And I personally am sorry for what's come about the whole situation," he said, per The Chicago Sun-Times' Madeline Kenney.
Keuchel added it's "not like every game we had it going on" when discussing about the club's cheating. He also shared that he's spoken with some of his former Astros teammates about the incident, as well as pitcher Mike Fiers revealing the scheme.

"A lot of guys are not happy with the fact that Mike [Fiers] came out and said something or the fact that this even happened. But at the same time, there is some sorrow in guys' voices."

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »
I'm sure a lot of guys are very sorry.

That they got caught.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
My sources tell me Cole was the mastermind behind the operation

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
My sources tell me Cole was the mastermind behind the operation

They won the WS in 2017, acquired Cole for the 2018 season. You really cracked the case.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2020, 06:44:09 PM »
They won the WS in 2017, acquired Cole for the 2018 season. You really cracked the case.
It was via text message that’s why

Tags: