Author Topic: Jets beat Raiders 34-3  (Read 5770 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets beat Raiders 34-3
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2019, 05:32:24 AM »
I’m totally shocked by how Greg Williams has the defense playing. Pass rush has been pretty impressive in recent weeks and the secondary, despite the corners being replacement level players, is holding it together. Especially when you consider that Adams is at the LOS (or blitzing) seemingly 70% of the time.

freaking great work by Williams
Need a new one for a new board...

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2019, 06:44:02 AM »
I’m totally shocked by how Greg Williams has the defense playing. Pass rush has been pretty impressive in recent weeks and the secondary, despite the corners being replacement level players, is holding it together. Especially when you consider that Adams is at the LOS (or blitzing) seemingly 70% of the time.

freaking great work by Williams

This. We have two guys starting at corner that would be a CB3 on every other team in the league.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2019, 06:58:55 AM »
#BLESSED
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
This. We have two guys starting at corner that would be a CB3 on every other team in the league.

And we're down about four LBs. Good thing we have a safety who can be everywhere at once.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2019, 10:51:01 AM »
I hate this narrative that was manipulated by Twitter nerds. 

It takes away from what Adam Gase and Gregg Williams have done with a below average roster. 

I'm glad that Sam Darnold stepped up and asked for some things to change, but Gase has done something you used to bring up a lot:  made chicken salad from chicken excrement. 

I don't think the narrative came from Twitter nerds. It came from the media.

But your point is valid and can't be overstated. Gase and Williams are doing an incredible job with a roster full of backups.

Regardless of whether we want to anoint Gase or not, whatever that means, it's pretty foolish to make concrete judgments after 8 games, 3 of which came with a quarterback who isn't even in the NFL anymore.

Gase could be a great coach here. Gase could be a shitty coach here. But the way the fan base completely turned on him at the first sign of trouble was embarrassing. If the were no injuries and Darnold were healthy, I would get it. But Bill Belichick wouldn't have won with the QB-OL combo we had.

FTR, I was against before he was hired, and every day since he got the job. It's not like I decided to hate him when they lost a few games.

That said, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern on my vitriol right now. I thought we'd at best be competitive against Oakland. I never dreamed they could not only win but dominate. Now, I'm giving a bit of wait-and-see rope to this staff.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2019, 04:30:18 PM »
I don't think the narrative came from Twitter nerds. It came from the media.

But your point is valid and can't be overstated. Gase and Williams are doing an incredible job with a roster full of backups.

FTR, I was against before he was hired, and every day since he got the job. It's not like I decided to hate him when they lost a few games.

That said, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern on my vitriol right now. I thought we'd at best be competitive against Oakland. I never dreamed they could not only win but dominate. Now, I'm giving a bit of wait-and-see rope to this staff.

This is still the Gase that put that game plan together for Miami, and resides over the NFLs worst offense for the first 8 weeks of the season (which includes terrible performances with his QB even though Sam did miss some games)

He deserves credit for the scripts the past few weeks, as we have scored a TD several straight weeks on the opening drive. But I’m unwilling to jump to the polar opposite because he put together a good game plan against the teams with the current #2, and #4 overall picks and a team that came across the country in Oakland.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2019, 08:59:05 PM »
I dont understand why there is an anti-Gase train and a polar opposite train.

The rational train is that Gase has had some good games and some bad games and is trending up.

I dont think there is anyone on this board that thinks he has done an amazing job. Hes been decent. Some positives, some negatives

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2019, 09:15:01 PM »

Hi, is this your first year as a Jets fan?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »

Is there? I hated Gase as a hire based upon his history, his personality and the overwhelming evidence that he's a garbage head coach. I still hate Gase as a hire for all the same reasons. Through the first eight games he showed absolutely nothing, but in the last three against excrement teams there have been signs of life. I'm prepared to change my mind on him but I'll need a lot more evidence to do so.

I don't think anyone is 100% pro or anti at this point, regardless of starting point.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
Is there? I hated Gase as a hire based upon his history, his personality and the overwhelming evidence that he's a garbage head coach. I still hate Gase as a hire for all the same reasons. Through the first eight games he showed absolutely nothing, but in the last three against excrement teams there have been signs of life. I'm prepared to change my mind on him but I'll need a lot more evidence to do so.

I don't think anyone is 100% pro or anti at this point, regardless of starting point.
Your avatar says "Fire Adam Gase"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
Your avatar says "Fire Adam Gase"

Yes. And that's still where I'm at for now. I don't believe he's got what it takes to lead a franchise to a Super Bowl.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
I’m 100% anti Adam Gase
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2019, 10:36:31 PM »
But 100% pro Dowell Loggains
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2019, 11:49:43 PM »

Hi, is this your first year as a Jets fan?

HAHAHAHAHAH
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: