Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74754 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »
We should trade Henry Anderson for a Jimmy John's giftcard
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2020, 04:53:18 PM »
I didn’t want to draft him anyway so I’m fine with him getting traded.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »
There is only one untouchable player right now, and that's Becton.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2020, 05:34:32 PM »
There is only one untouchable player right now, and that's Becton.

And Darnold until he can pass a physical.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #334 on: October 15, 2020, 06:22:33 PM »
All the tards on reddit think it’s crazy to accept anything less than a 1st + 2nd... excrement, if someone wants to trade a first (preferably inside the top 20) I’d be all for it. JFM is having a better season. It’s about time we stop wasting high first round picks on defensive lineman. Surround a young QB or get a true impact position player on the defense (edge/CB).

Trade Quinnen for a first and come out of next years 1st round with Lawrence, a WR and another piece for the OL.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #335 on: October 15, 2020, 06:24:59 PM »
All the tards on reddit think it’s crazy to accept anything less than a 1st + 2nd... excrement, if someone wants to trade a first (preferably inside the top 20) I’d be all for it. JFM is having a better season. It’s about time we stop wasting high first round picks on defensive lineman. Surround a young QB or get a true impact position player on the defense (edge/CB).

Trade Quinnen for a first and come out of next years 1st round with Lawrence, a WR and another piece for the OL.

More utter stupidity. Why are you people so obsessed with trading the tiny handful of good young players we have at any given time for the potential of maybe possibly being able to draft a young player who might if he's lucky be as good? Q isn't great yet but FFS he's just starting to show like he might get there despite this shitty coaching staff, and you want to trade him?

Batshit insane.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2020, 06:27:04 PM »
More utter stupidity. Why are you people so obsessed with trading the tiny handful of good young players we have at any given time for the potential of maybe possibly being able to draft a young player who might if he's lucky be as good? Q isn't great yet but FFS he's just starting to show like he might get there despite this shitty coaching staff, and you want to trade him?

Batshit insane.

Yeah. I think a first is good value for what he seems to be, but there's also value in building a team where you don't just trade away players because you're getting positive value - could be a negative intangible in the long run.

If he was playing Trent Richardson level and someone offered a first, sure, but it's not been that bad.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #337 on: October 15, 2020, 07:28:09 PM »

Batshit insane.

I mean I was never for drafting Q. I don’t think there’s much value in drafting defensive lineman so high in the draft, unless their name is Aaron Donald. Q has gotten better, but he’s not even close to what Sheldon Richardson was for the Jets, and he was traded away for a 2nd. The goal isn’t to ship everyone out of town, but if the value is there I’m not hamstrung to a player that isn’t elite, nor plays a position that is the most impactful.

The Jets have an UDFA playing above or at a similar level to him. I’d rather build around a QB (whoever will be there next year and going forward) or draft a pass rusher . That was my stance when he was drafted, and it definitely hasn’t changed since.

I do agree with what jumbo said in there being value in continuing to build and not constantly getting rid of players, but Douglas has no ties to Quinnen. No one aside from Becton is untouchable.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #338 on: October 15, 2020, 07:41:13 PM »
I'd take a first. Don't see the point in moving him for any less.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2020, 07:41:53 PM »

If we trade him for a second we can turn that pick into another WR who will get injured in the preseason.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #340 on: October 15, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »
Let’s be serious, nobody will give us a first for him.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #341 on: October 15, 2020, 08:06:45 PM »

He was a #3 overall pick and he hasn't yet had the opportunity to prove himself worthy of it. I'm not trading him for anything less than the same value.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #342 on: October 15, 2020, 08:11:07 PM »
He was a #3 overall pick and he hasn't yet had the opportunity to prove himself worthy of it. I'm not trading him for anything less than the same value.

He was a Maccagnan pick so I am forced to assume he was over-drafted.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #343 on: October 15, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »
Gonna be honest, I don't think he's going to live up to that #3 slot.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #344 on: October 15, 2020, 08:58:10 PM »
Let’s be serious, nobody will give us a first for him.

A playoff team would give up a late first. He helps them now and in the future.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: