Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74778 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2019, 04:44:36 PM »
He's a rookie. I'm going to be patient with him. He's still only 21 years old. Look at the jump Fatukasi made from Year 1 to Year 2. Not happy with what he's shown so far, but he's also part of the reason our run defense is great.

Here's a Twitter thread where someone put together some of his better reps. https://twitter.com/RocTheJetsFan/status/1200842337737486336

I agree that it's too soon to judge in general, but you'd think the 3rd overall pick could be putting together something outside of stopping the run.

I also saw that post on reddit, at least half the plays in that thread are typical/unimpressive at best.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
I agree that it's too soon to judge in general, but you'd think the 3rd overall pick could be putting together something outside of stopping the run.

I also saw that post on reddit, at least half the plays in that thread are typical/unimpressive at best.

Yup. We've been doing this for years, attempting to justify why our high picks are actually better than they appear because of all the unflashy things they do that don't appear on highlight reels and stat sheets. freak that noise, I want the third overall pick to be doing dominant things that make opposing teams plan for them.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »

I agree that a lot of those plays are stretches, but they're the type of plays you could see becoming bigger plays as he gets more acclimated to the NFL.

I hate that we have to dig this deep to figure out why our top-5 picks are making impacts, but it is what it is.

I hold out hope that Quinnen can take a big step forward next season because he needs to in order to justify the pick.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2019, 05:13:11 PM »
While I'm sure people will harp on him only being 21, and it's entirely true that he's going to substantially mature physically and as a player the next 5 years.

It's absofuckinglutely terrifying that we drafted a 3rd overall pick who is a project.

Our front 7 is essentially made up of udfa and practice squad players and this dude can't even get on the field. To expect him to become a legit contributer next year is absolute madness.

If we're extremely lucky he will be a good player in 2 years.

Regardless excrement like this makes me glad Mac is out. Risking such a valuable pick on a guy who essentially had one year of college ball.

It's even more disappointing when you look at the next 4 or 5 defensive players drafted after Williams. And most of them are having very good rookie years

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2019, 05:41:03 PM »
It's absofuckinglutely terrifying that we drafted a 3rd overall pick who is a project.

Stopped reading here.  Calling Q a project is asinine.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2019, 06:03:05 PM »
I haven't given up on Q but we wouldn't be any worse off had we just reached for an OL.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
As soon as a prospect struggles as a rookie, people retroactively call him a project. Yes, Q had just one year of college, but he also dominated in the SEC.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2019, 06:41:36 PM »
I haven't given up on Q but we wouldn't be any worse off had we just reached for an OL.

This is why tanking is a waste of time.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Insanity4289

• Vernon Gholston
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2019, 06:56:12 PM »
This is why tanking is a waste of time.

Yes, investing in insurance is stupid because you probably won't ever use it.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
Quinnen is going to end up being a nice player, maybe a Leonard Williams type but I can’t see him being dominant based on what I’ve seen

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2019, 04:28:23 AM »
They said they weren't firing Gase.

They also said that the team will listen to offers for anybody on this team except Williams and Darnold

They might not shop him, but they'll certainly listen to offers

I’m quoting this post and moving it here because I think my comment is more relevant here.

Remember that team that supposedly was desperately trying to acquire Quinnen at the deadline? Based on his (also) low impact plays so far, I wonder if we are going to regret not taking the supposed “deal no one would refuse.”

I think he’s going to be a damn fine player. But he’s probably not going to provide us the impact a top 3 pick is supposed to have as a game wrecker. Then again it could be his ankle isn’t really healed yet.

I just don’t want to draft another interior DL in the first round for about a decade. We’ve spent so many resources there and it hasn’t made a difference, time to try something else
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:30:16 AM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:51 AM »

I just don’t want to draft another interior DL in the first round for about a decade. We’ve spent so many resources there and it hasn’t made a difference, time to try something else

This. We need to put better weapons and protection around Darnold.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »

When you get drafted in the top 5 and can't surpass a bunch of udfa on the depth chart, you're either a project or a bust

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2019, 08:57:27 AM »
I'm going to give Q the year to figure stuff out.  I'm a little disappointed because i expected more impact from a guy taken 3rd overall, but here we are. 

On the plus side, he's been solid on the run d.

I hope he improves the interior pass rush next season.  That's where he should be paying dividends for this defense.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2019, 09:02:39 AM »
I'm going to give Q the year to figure stuff out.  I'm a little disappointed because i expected more impact from a guy taken 3rd overall, but here we are. 

On the plus side, he's been solid on the run d.

I hope he improves the interior pass rush next season.  That's where he should be paying dividends for this defense.

Third overall at DT you're hoping for a Bruce Smith type player.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: