Author Topic: 2020 Democratic Primary  (Read 85197 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: 2020 Democratic Primary
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »
That's not to say they didn't try, but I don't believe they changed the outcome of the election, and we should obviously take steps to minimize foreign interference in future elections.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2019, 07:56:37 PM »
I never understood that whole “Russia influenced the election using social media!” stance. Half the stuff I already see on social media is retards spamming political nonsense.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2019, 04:12:05 AM »
I think that Russia tried to tamper with our election to get Trump elected for a variety of reasons. I think Trump was more than willing to accept that because he doesn't really give a excrement, he just wanted to win. He basically admitted as much for this election.

I think the margin of error for the last election was thin enough where you can make a case that it didn't take much to swing an election. I don't think that would be enough to change it by itself, but it could be one of a number of factors.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:44:30 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
That's not to say they didn't try, but I don't believe they changed the outcome of the election, and we should obviously take steps to minimize foreign interference in future elections.
I think that Russia tried to tamper with our election to get Trump elected for a variety of reasons. I think Trump was more than willing to accept that because he doesn't really give a excrement, he just wanted to win. He basically admitted as much for this election.

I think the margin of error for the last election was thin enough where you can make a case that it didn't take much to swing an election. I don't think that would be enough to change it by itself, but it could be one of a number of factors.

Here’s my question: say Russia did interfere with our election and got Trump elected. What have they gotten out of it? I really don’t see how anything substantial with Russia has changed in the past few years.

That’s why it’s such a non story for me. Obviously it’s bad if foreign entities interfere with our elections, but the constant talking points that Trump is a Russian asset or that Russia has somehow masterminded control of our country are just wild conspiracy theories.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:44:00 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »
Here’s my question: say Russia did interfere with our election and got Trump elected. What have they gotten out of it? I really don’t see how anything substantial with Russia has changed in the past few years.

Um.... you've seen this whole Syria thing that's going on right now, yes?

The destabilisation of Western governments (it's not just the US) and the damaging of diplomatic and trading links between countries is to their significant advantage.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2019, 03:58:09 PM »

That’s why it’s such a non story for me. Obviously it’s bad if foreign entities interfere with our elections, but the constant talking points that Trump is a Russian asset or that Russia has somehow masterminded control of our country are just wild conspiracy theories.

For me, it's not about the idea that Trump is just Putin's puppet and we're being secretly controlled by the Kremlin. Certainly, I can't speak for everyone, but my problem is that Trump is clearly soft on things like Russia's increasing aggressiveness towards places like Ukraine. And Trump's anti-NATO stance plays right into Putin's desires.

There's also the idea that helping Trump be elected would lead to economic instability, as is the believed intention of Russian interference leading to Brexit. Obviously, we've yet to see the economies of the US or UK collapse, but it's another item to consider, albeit more conspiracy theoretical than the above.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »

The destabilisation of Western governments (it's not just the US) and the damaging of diplomatic and trading links between countries is to their significant advantage.
This.

For me, it's not about the idea that Trump is just Putin's puppet and we're being secretly controlled by the Kremlin. Certainly, I can't speak for everyone, but my problem is that Trump is clearly soft on things like Russia's increasing aggressiveness towards places like Ukraine. And Trump's anti-NATO stance plays right into Putin's desires.

There's also the idea that helping Trump be elected would lead to economic instability, as is the believed intention of Russian interference leading to Brexit. Obviously, we've yet to see the economies of the US or UK collapse, but it's another item to consider, albeit more conspiracy theoretical than the above.
Also this.

Not to mention, Trump is asking Ukraine for help with dirt on Biden in exchange for missiles to help defend them. Who is Ukraine defending itself against? Russia!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2019, 05:45:07 PM »
The idea that some Russian guys may or may not have posted a handful of memes on Facebook that were pro-Trump made me start shaking and crying

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »

I haven’t followed that very closely. Not really sure why we’re involved to begin with.

So trump being elected is like when I used to destabilize the board at TGG

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2019, 09:53:17 PM »
Check out this dumbass

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2019, 11:55:15 AM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2019, 10:03:31 PM »

I don't buy the whole Russia thing. But getting a freaking idiot elected as leader of a very powerful country could benefit from the loss of their power and credibility.

I mean imagine if we got someone elected in China that would unite the world against them. The US would gain power simply from China losing it

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2019, 04:47:06 PM »
Beto has dropped out

Should have stuck to Senate races

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath