Author Topic: Gregggggg Williams fireddddd  (Read 32348 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Gregggggg Williams fireddddd
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2019, 12:38:40 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2019, 12:39:22 PM »
Funny that no one is making excuses for the massive injuries and talent vacuums on defense as to why his unit has underperformed this season. It's almost like good coaching and understanding how to best use the available players goes a good way to making up for such things.
JE cracked the code, gents.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »
Gregg Williams asked if he wants to be an HC: “I love it here.”

What is he supposed to say? I was surprised Cleveland didn't keep him after the job he did as their interim last year, and I'd have been happier if he were our head coach and Gase the OC. Only problem there is if we have success and someone hires Gase away it fucks Darnold again, so maybe that's why they did it this way. I'm not sure any calls on the field would be any different either way.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »
What is he supposed to say? I was surprised Cleveland didn't keep him after the job he did as their interim last year, and I'd have been happier if he were our head coach and Gase the OC. Only problem there is if we have success and someone hires Gase away it fucks Darnold again, so maybe that's why they did it this way. I'm not sure any calls on the field would be any different either way.

The guys on the postgame have been making an interesting point for about half the season. When the HC is also the OC and playcaller, there's no accountability. He has no one to say "Hey, the calls you're making today aren't working, you need to do something else."

They've been basically saying "This is why week after week we're wondering why Gase doesn't adjust, especially coming out of the half--he has no one to tell him he should change the gameplan."

I'm not sure how different it would be if Gregg were at the top of the food chain but it's an interesting point.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
The guys on the postgame have been making an interesting point for about half the season. When the HC is also the OC and playcaller, there's no accountability. He has no one to say "Hey, the calls you're making today aren't working, you need to do something else."

They've been basically saying "This is why week after week we're wondering why Gase doesn't adjust, especially coming out of the half--he has no one to tell him he should change the gameplan."

I'm not sure how different it would be if Gregg were at the top of the food chain but it's an interesting point.
Isn’t Loggains supposed to say something? *trying to keep a straight face*

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2019, 01:08:25 PM »

There is that dynamic, there might be some difference but probably not a lot. You still have Gase calling the offense and Williams calling the D.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2019, 01:45:34 PM »
There is that dynamic, there might be some difference but probably not a lot. You still have Gase calling the offense and Williams calling the D.
Gregg has been great this year. I liked the hire, though I wasnt sure if he was the savior some seemingly made him out to be. But he has exceeded expectations.

Gase needs to hold up his end of the bargain on the offensive side.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
Isn’t Loggains supposed to say something? *trying to keep a straight face*

How is he supposed to handle the challenge flag and speak to Gase?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
How is he supposed to handle the challenge flag and speak to Gase?
I’m sure it was explained in the job interview w/ Christopher Johnson

Matt Rhule’s potential assistants couldn’t handle it

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2019, 04:21:04 PM »
I’m in

I'd be in for greg as he and shurmer as OC.  I know there are probably better options but there are much worse

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Geg for HC

I don't think we'd gain anything from geg as head coach that we wouldn't get from geg as defensive coordinator.  I keep thinking of that exchange on Hard Knocks when Todd Haley said, "Good teams don't hit their quarterbacks in practice!" and Williams fired back, "Well block for him then!"  I don't know if I want that guy overseeing Sam Darnold's development. 

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2019, 09:31:47 PM »
Baker Mayfield didn’t seem to have suffered too much having Gregg as his HC

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »
Apparently Williams doesn't want to be HC, here or anywhere else.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2019, 10:57:14 PM »
Apparently Williams doesn't want to be HC, here or anywhere else.

Some guys don’t want that role or know it isn’t what they are good at. Why uproot the family to go some place you aren’t happy when you are already making millions every year?

That said if somebody called and said we want you, I’d be curious if he’s still singing that tune
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2019, 11:08:03 PM »
I don't think we'd gain anything from geg as head coach that we wouldn't get from geg as defensive coordinator.  I keep thinking of that exchange on Hard Knocks when Todd Haley said, "Good teams don't hit their quarterbacks in practice!" and Williams fired back, "Well block for him then!"  I don't know if I want that guy overseeing Sam Darnold's development. 

Sounds like Gregggg has a better idea of what the OL should do than Gase does
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: