Author Topic: Kyler Murray (Future #1 Pick) entering 2019 NFL Draft - A Hype Train Thread  (Read 14267 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
The Chargers were one of the 10 teams to interview Kyler Murray at the Combine. Coach Anthony Lynn told me post-interview that Kyler was “impressive”, “sharp” and had great recall at the white board.

Jim Trotter
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/06/it-sounds-like-someone-wants-the-cardinals-to-pass-on-kyler-murray/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Hahaha

It’s unclear which teams want Murray to fall past No. 1, and it’s possible that the team that wants Murray to fall doesn’t want to draft Murray. It’s possible that one or more teams want him to fall not to draft him but to trade to someone else the ability to draft him.

Case in point: The Jets. They currently hold the third overall pick, and they currently don’t need a young franchise quarterback. And their current G.M. got the job as a result of a search process in which Casserly served as a consultant.

Is it crazy to think that Casserly may be trying to help a protégé maximize the haul that the Jets could get for Murray if both the Cardinals and 49ers pass on him? Mike Maccagnan already has said that he’s willing to deal the pick, and the Jets surely would like to recoup some of the picks they gave up last year in moving up from No. 6 to No. 3 in order to get quarterback Sam Darnold.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Casserly, the NFL executive turned NFL Network analyst who has garnered both attention and criticism for his comments about Kyler Murray’s supposed lack of preparation for Scouting Combine interviews, went back on NFL Network and lavished praise on Murray.

“Arm strength? He can make all the throws,” Casserly said. “Vision? It’s hard to read vision in this offense but you do see him sit there and have poise in the pocket and be able to see the field. And in running ability, guy is an excellent runner with the football. I think he’s got Russell Wilson arm strength and Russell Wilson running ability. I think this guy has got all the potential in the world to be a successful quarterback in the National Football League. And Mahomes — let’s bring up Mahomes for a second. Compare him and Mahomes on the college tape, I put this guy ahead of Mahomes.”

Maybe we should stop listening to what Casserly has to say

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
From a draft pick value standpoint, would we better off if Arizona traded Rosen significantly in advanced of the draft, or close to the day of?

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
From a draft pick value standpoint, would we better off if Arizona traded Rosen significantly in advanced of the draft, or close to the day of?

Sooner is better, IMO.  If everybody knows Murray is going 1 overall, they won't be looking to make deals with Arizona.  That just leaves Frisco and us for any team that needs to get ahead of the Raiders. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Sooner is better, IMO.  If everybody knows Murray is going 1 overall, they won't be looking to make deals with Arizona.  That just leaves Frisco and us for any team that needs to get ahead of the Raiders. 

In that scenario, we can’t lose. We either get Bosa or we get a hell of a trade down offer.

So I absolutely agree the sooner Zona decides to take Murray the better
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Updated odds to be the 1st overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft:

Kyler Murray -400
Nick Bosa +225
Quinnen Williams +1800
Josh Allen +2000

Sir

• Laveranues Coles
In that scenario, we can’t lose. We either get Bosa or we get a hell of a trade down offer.

So I absolutely agree the sooner Zona decides to take Murray the better

A trade down would be ideal however 2 things are making me cautious:

1- Who is trading up now?
2- Do I want to pass on an elite talent at 3 to get a good to great talent after a trade down to pick up extra mid round (rounds 2-4) picks when I don't trust the GM to make stellar picks there?  I don't trust the track record.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
A trade down would be ideal however 2 things are making me cautious:

1- Who is trading up now?
2- Do I want to pass on an elite talent at 3 to get a good to great talent after a trade down to pick up extra mid round (rounds 2-4) picks when I don't trust the GM to make stellar picks there?  I don't trust the track record.

Depends on where you move to. Either you stay close (6-8) and still have a locked in slot at a top 6 player that’s not a QB (if you are happy with any of the top guys) or you drop down out of the top 10 entirely and move to mid tier guys. Don’t think this works for us as who is going up that high?

I’m starting to think we are gonna end up stuck at 3 or trading down with the giants and getting a solid haul.

In the end I trust Duff to make a top ten selection without issue. And extra bites at the apple in the mid rounds is better than fewer when you are less sure you are going to hit on those guys.
Need a new one for a new board...

Sir

• Laveranues Coles
Depends on where you move to. Either you stay close (6-8) and still have a locked in slot at a top 6 player that’s not a QB (if you are happy with any of the top guys) or you drop down out of the top 10 entirely and move to mid tier guys. Don’t think this works for us as who is going up that high?

I’m starting to think we are gonna end up stuck at 3 or trading down with the giants and getting a solid haul.

In the end I trust Duff to make a top ten selection without issue. And extra bites at the apple in the mid rounds is better than fewer when you are less sure you are going to hit on those guys.

Yeah it's a tough call.  I guess my concern is if I have the choice between a perennial pro bowler at 3 or a guy that is 'good' for many years, I don't trust him to use the mid round picks to make up the difference between those 2 players.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
@JamesPalmerTV: expect them to have a private workout with him

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Kyler Murray only weighs in at his pro day. No height measurement. Weighs in at 205.

lol

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Giants are meeting with Murray today. If he did slip to us, that could facilitate a draft day trade with them. Oakland has been linked to Murray a ton

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Cardinals meeting with Murray today

Tags: