Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 111441 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #960 on: August 07, 2019, 08:09:32 AM »
Tauchman best player in baseball

What even the freak with this guy?

I just read an article this morning that he basically changed his mindset and dedicated himself more--and this is the result. This dude literally willed himself into being a better baseball player.

That was an absolutely insane catch. It was obviously great live and on replay, but I saw a still this morning, and it was even more incredible to see just how high he got off the ground.

It's hard for me to keep making the argument that Frazier shouldn't be behind him on the depth chart. Coincidentally, the Railriders posted a clip of Frazier no-hopping a throw to home to gun someone down last night. And he's been hitting really well the past few weeks. But you can't afford to lose Maybin and Tauchman is refusing to allow himself to be sent down.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #961 on: August 07, 2019, 08:17:15 AM »
I'm really worried about Gleyber. Just like with Voit, it's a "core" issue that may have been initially misdiagnosed as less serious than it actually is--they only determined it wasn't a sports hernia for Torres via an ultrasound.

It's hard to make the argument this year that any one player is "too important" to lose, but I feel like Gleyber and DJ are irreplaceable.

Then again, I never would've thought Austin Romine and Kyle Higashioka would provide more offense than Gary Sanchez.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #962 on: August 07, 2019, 12:19:01 PM »
Legend...

Quote from: @j_goldss
.420 batting average and .720 slugging with at least 50 plate appearances in July. there's only 3 players in Yankees history to achieve that... babe ruth, joe dimaggio and mike fuckin tauchman. @ktsharp
 insane

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #963 on: August 07, 2019, 02:16:03 PM »
Freaking Katie Sharp going and changing my whole opinion about Cashman's lack of deals at the deadline.

Quote from: @ktsharp
New #SharpStats @TalkinYanks
 Can’t win World Series without good rotation? #SharpStats says...
 Deep dive into key offensive matchups vs likely playoff teams
 All the stats u need to know on bullpen usage
 Mike Tauchman Stat of Week!!
Talkin' Yanks (Yankees Podcast): 315 | Sharp Stats: Rotation, Bats vs...
We took a deep dive into what rotations have been successful in previous postseasons and how they compare to ours. What kind of pitching our offense can handle and bullpen usage.
talkinyanks.libsyn.com

Royals rotation sucked and they won with their bullpen without the lineup quality this Yankees team has.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #964 on: August 07, 2019, 02:28:44 PM »
Freaking Katie Sharp going and changing my whole opinion about Cashman's lack of deals at the deadline.

Royals rotation sucked and they won with their bullpen without the lineup quality this Yankees team has.

A lot of things have never happened before, until they do. It's all probabilistic. It's possible to win like that, but baseball has changed quite a bit even since the Royals won and it's not something to necessarily count on. Playoff baseball happens over such a small sample size that a lot of the occurrence is luck anyway, and one of the best ways to mitigate that luck is with a good rotation. It's possible to win without one, but you'd prefer to have one more than those other two components.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #965 on: August 08, 2019, 09:40:18 AM »
A lot of things have never happened before, until they do. It's all probabilistic. It's possible to win like that, but baseball has changed quite a bit even since the Royals won and it's not something to necessarily count on. Playoff baseball happens over such a small sample size that a lot of the occurrence is luck anyway, and one of the best ways to mitigate that luck is with a good rotation. It's possible to win without one, but you'd prefer to have one more than those other two components.

Look, I'm a firm believer that QBs win Super Bowls, and starting pitching wins World Series. Regardless of how much the games change, those positions will always be the most critical to win it all to me.

If Paxton can pitch like last night, we get back Severino, and German continues to pitch the way he has, the Yankees' rotation in the playoffs could be a lot better. If they can get the 4 or 5 good innings out of Tanaka, even better. If Happ and CC can contribute out of the pen, that could be huge.

The Yankees are the opposite of most teams in the sport. When the Yankees get to their pen with a lead, the game is virtually over. In the playoffs, they don't even need a "quality start", just 2 strong times through the order and then it's lights out. They can even win a Verlander game if they just hang in long enough to get him out of the game.

Katie's point boils down to: over history, you need one elite category out of three to win a Series: 1) starting pitching, 2) OPS, or 3) relief pitching. This Yankees team has both 2 and 3 at a very elite level. Severino could even improve 1, and Betances would make 3 absolutely silly. Nevermind if somehow they get back a fully healthy Stanton, Encarnacion, Voit, and Sanchez.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #966 on: August 08, 2019, 11:34:28 AM »
Completely forgot Kendrys Morales was ever on this team

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #967 on: August 08, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »

he basically changed his mindset and dedicated himself more

Eat clen, tren hard, anavar give up.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #968 on: August 08, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
Completely forgot Kendrys Morales was ever on this team

Haha, same.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #969 on: August 08, 2019, 02:40:05 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #971 on: August 08, 2019, 02:59:27 PM »
This sounds awesome.

https://amp.si.com/mlb/2019/08/08/new-york-yankees-field-dreams

They should just leave the dimensions alone. That would be fun to watch.

The Dyersville field has operated as a tourist destination since the movie became one of the most popular baseball films ever made. MLB will need to reconfigure the outfield dimensions for the game between the Yankees and White Sox. The corn begins 280 feet from home plate down the leftfield and rightfield foul lines and 300 feet in centerfield.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #972 on: August 08, 2019, 03:03:57 PM »
Apparently the bleachers will seat around 8000. Presuming half of that will be for corporate and league use, I suspect that the remainder will become some of the most expensive tickets in baseball history.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #973 on: August 09, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
The Bichette kid is something else.

But he's no Gio Urshela.

Who is no Mike Tauchman.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #974 on: August 09, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »
The Bichette kid is something else.

But he's no Gio Urshela.

Who is no Mike Tauchman.

Who is no Bo Bichette
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: