Author Topic: 2019 MLB thread  (Read 40373 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: 2019 MLB thread
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
Fun start to the postseason.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
This reminded me of someone

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2019, 07:51:25 AM »
Mad we sent Bochy out with a sweep, huh?
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »
freak the Dodgers
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2019, 11:49:48 PM »
I still have the Knicks.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2019, 05:25:10 PM »
Nothing says October baseball like the Dodgers choking <3

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #261 on: October 10, 2019, 05:41:53 PM »
That's freaking brutal. I'd feel bad if it wasn't the Dodgers.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2019, 05:48:52 PM »
To be honest I really wouldn't feel bad if the Jays had made the postseason the last 7 years in a row. I wouldn't feel bad at all. In fact I might feel quite a bit more well disposed towards them than I do right now, and slightly more inclined to take the call that is inevitably coming some time in the next couple of weeks asking me to once again pony up a lot of dollars for tickets to watch some hideous clown I've never head of making a lady garden of himself on the mound.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »
I imagine it's much worst when it's 3 years in a row the manager makes horrible decisions and cost you the games.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2019, 06:39:52 PM »
Think I'm done for now.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2019, 07:05:30 PM »
As a Yankees fan that chart doesn't look so bad.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
To be honest I really wouldn't feel bad if the Jays had made the postseason the last 7 years in a row. I wouldn't feel bad at all.

I'm proud of how the Dodgers have played this entire decade. People can hate on Kershaw all they want, you pitch in enough of these games against the best and hottest teams of the moment, you're not always going to win. I have mixed feelings about Roberts, last year I think he killed us in the World Series, the other night I'd have brought Kershaw back in the 8th also. Unless you just go to your bullpen and use the guys who were in those situations all year, that's the only other argument. Kershaw and Jansen were both susceptible to the long ball this year, which is why he went to Kelly at 3-3 in the 9th and 10th. A second inning for Kelly is asking a lot and sure enough that's what got us, but it's all 20/20 vision after the fact. Kershaw gave up two home runs early in Game 2 and ended up having six good innings, giving up just those three runs. You don't have that luxury when you enter a 3-1 game in the 7th, it's a different way of pitching.

I feel bad for him, he's done a lot for this team for a very long time, including the post season. The team knows it and the real fans know it.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »
ya, but you've won a title in the decade before and since.

the dodgers, not so much.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
I'm proud of how the Dodgers have played this entire decade. People can hate on Kershaw all they want, you pitch in enough of these games against the best and hottest teams of the moment, you're not always going to win. I have mixed feelings about Roberts, last year I think he killed us in the World Series, the other night I'd have brought Kershaw back in the 8th also. Unless you just go to your bullpen and use the guys who were in those situations all year, that's the only other argument. Kershaw and Jansen were both susceptible to the long ball this year, which is why he went to Kelly at 3-3 in the 9th and 10th. A second inning for Kelly is asking a lot and sure enough that's what got us, but it's all 20/20 vision after the fact. Kershaw gave up two home runs early in Game 2 and ended up having six good innings, giving up just those three runs. You don't have that luxury when you enter a 3-1 game in the 7th, it's a different way of pitching.

I feel bad for him, he's done a lot for this team for a very long time, including the post season. The team knows it and the real fans know it.

his bad decisions have, imo, been the reason youve lost the last 3 years. there was no point in putting kershaw in, not when youve got a great pen. he did it to try and give kershaw confidence, and it backfired.

hes been good in the regular season, but winning division titles only means so much in the end.

kershaw, i cant blame him for this loss. he is what he is in october. he's a great pitcher but october man.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »
his bad decisions have, imo, been the reason youve lost the last 3 years. there was no point in putting kershaw in, not when youve got a great pen. he did it to try and give kershaw confidence, and it backfired.

hes been good in the regular season, but winning division titles only means so much in the end.

kershaw, i cant blame him for this loss. he is what he is in october. he's a great pitcher but october man.

He's also had some great games in the playoffs, I think Roberts felt he was our best chance, no other reason to put him in. He got the strikeout to end the 7th, which is why I felt like he'd be ok too. It's usually his first couple of hitters, which it turned out to be the case this time.  If we had a crystal ball you'd just put Maeda in for 2 innings and move on to the NLCS.

Tags: