Author Topic: Sam "the nice one" Darnold  (Read 261868 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Re: Sam "the nice one" Darnold
« Reply #1650 on: December 30, 2019, 09:45:58 AM »
if we're playing that game, the worst throw he made all year (the pick in the red zone in the Dolphins game) should've never happened considering Griffin scored the play before and the refs inexplicably overturned it.

And the pick yesterday was textbook DPI. Still not sure how that wasn't called, and even more puzzled how Gase didn't challenge it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1651 on: December 30, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
Darnold is too aggressive at times, but that will improve.  Getting the bugs out now.  Like him or not, the good thing about keeping Gase is that Darnold doesn't have to focus any energy on a new playbook this offseason.  I think he'll be better next year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1652 on: December 30, 2019, 10:06:50 AM »
Darnold is only 22, he’s gonna make mistakes. I’m convinced he’ll get better over time.  Unfortunately, it’ll take a little longer because Gase isn’t a good coach.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1653 on: December 30, 2019, 11:27:03 AM »
I'd rather have a QB who makes the odd bad decision because he's always trying to make things happen, than one who plays hyper conservative. Brett Favre will always be more fun than Tom Brady.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1654 on: December 30, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »
I'd rather have a QB who makes the odd bad decision because he's always trying to make things happen, than one who plays hyper conservative. Brett Favre will always be more fun than Tom Brady.

For sure about that.

But boring and winning is always better than gambling and losing
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1655 on: December 30, 2019, 11:41:00 AM »
For sure about that.

But boring and winning is always better than gambling and losing

If I want to be bored there are lots of other ways I can do that. Winning is fun but if that's all I cared about I'd go shopping in my Patriots jersey on a Sunday afternoon and then boast about the scores around the water cooler on a Monday morning.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1656 on: December 30, 2019, 11:52:55 AM »
If I want to be bored there are lots of other ways I can do that. Winning is fun but if that's all I cared about I'd go shopping in my Patriots jersey on a Sunday afternoon and then boast about the scores around the water cooler on a Monday morning.

I get that. freak I don't need a Dynasty, I would be thrilled with the Packers/Saints performances over the past decade with Brees and Rodgers in place. Be in the hunt every year, and a breakthrough here or there would be insane. That would be amazing fun. Regardless of which type of QB Sam becomes.

But I think it's quite likely he is a lot more Brett Favre than anything else.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1657 on: December 30, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »

I see you’ve visited New England before.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1658 on: December 30, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »
I see you’ve visited New England before.

They exist everywhere.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1659 on: December 30, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
And the pick yesterday was textbook DPI. Still not sure how that wasn't called, and even more puzzled how Gase didn't challenge it.

The one on the sideline that got erased by a defensive penalty was worse. It was 3rd and 1, at first look I thought he could have run for it, but on the replay angle from behind him he might not have made it. Trying it would have still been a better decision than the throw. Those are the thihngs I think he'll see on film during the off season and be more aware of going into camp.

Darnold is too aggressive at times, but that will improve.  Getting the bugs out now.  Like him or not, the good thing about keeping Gase is that Darnold doesn't have to focus any energy on a new playbook this offseason.  I think he'll be better next year.

Along these lines, he'll have more time to focus on improving things like mentioned above.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1660 on: December 30, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
I trust Darnold, will think he improves significantly with some additions on offense, the line specifically. He forced a lot of plays and made mistakes but I can understand why he did it, a lot of times he was running for his life.

I would like for him to spend some time with guys in the secondary like Jamal so he can work on his dancing. I wanna see him get in defenders faces after touchdowns and hit them with some street moves

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1661 on: January 07, 2020, 10:47:52 AM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1662 on: January 07, 2020, 12:55:18 PM »
Some Darnold fap material

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/status/1214350300435427328

That thread tells me two things

1. Sam is always running for his life
2. So many throws are perfect because they absolutely had to be. There is virtually no separation on any of these throws.

We need weapons that can get open and guys to keep Sam alive long enough for that to happen. We get that and we will have a super bowl capable offense because of the magic Sam has within him

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1663 on: January 10, 2020, 02:41:16 PM »
Jets’ Sam Darnold has offseason surgery on thumb

By Brian Costello
January 10, 2020 | 2:52pm

Jets quarterback Sam Darnold had a rough second season physically, so rough that he needed surgery this week.

Darnold underwent a procedure Tuesday to repair a ligament in his left thumb, according to sources. The procedure was performed by the Jets team doctors, and he is not expected to miss any time this offseason, sources said.

Darnold dealt with the thumb injury for the final two months of the season. He originally injured it in a loss to the Jaguars on Oct. 27. Darnold scrambled and was hit and injured the thumb as he hit the ground. He wore a brace under a glove on the non-throwing hand for the rest of the season. It was noticeable on some handoffs because he had to use two hands.

The procedure is similar to the one former Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick had performed in 2015 when he tore a ligament in his left thumb. Fitzpatrick was able to play nine days after having the surgery, showing the recovery time is minimal.

Darnold took a pounding this year behind an injury-plagued offensive line. At various times he had injuries to his thumb, knee and ribs. He also missed three games after being diagnosed with mononucleosis in September.

The 22-year-old played 13 games, going 7-6. He completed 61.9 percent of his passes for 3,024 yards, 19 touchdowns with 13 interceptions. He had a QB rating of 84.3. Darnold played much better in the final two months of the season after struggling for a stretch in October when he returned from mono.

Darnold said he was unsure if he would need surgery when he met with reporters the day after the Jets season ended. He said he would need more tests to determine whether surgery was needed. The doctors apparently felt surgery was the way to go.

Darnold typically takes a few weeks off and then begins working with his private quarterback coach Jordan Palmer in California. Since the surgery was on his non-throwing hand, he should still be able to do his normal work. He cannot work with Jets coaches again until April when the collective bargaining agreement allows the team to begin its offseason workouts.

NY Post

Early, minor and non throwing hand. That's all good.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:57:18 PM by Italian Seafood »
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1664 on: January 10, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »
Incoming "MRSA spreads to both hands, Darnold retires"