Author Topic: Sam "the nice one" Darnold  (Read 261914 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Sam "the nice one" Darnold
« Reply #1605 on: November 13, 2019, 01:49:21 PM »
Never seen a good team without a good offensive line.

Dallas has a good offensive line.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1606 on: November 13, 2019, 01:58:52 PM »
Dallas has a good offensive line.

Ok, you need skill players too, but they can't do their job if plays aren't blocked.

Look at our offense without Darnold, they could barely get a first down.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1607 on: November 13, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »
Ok, you need skill players too, but they can't do their job if plays aren't blocked.

Look at our offense without Darnold, they could barely get a first down.

I'm not saying they don't need a better OL. They absolutely do, and I've been harping on that.

But you can have a great OL and talent all over your offense, and shitty coaching will still lose you games.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1608 on: November 13, 2019, 03:06:14 PM »
I'm not saying they don't need a better OL. They absolutely do, and I've been harping on that.

But you can have a great OL and talent all over your offense, and shitty coaching will still lose you games.

It could, I think that comes down to the QB. If you have a QB with just the physical talent but reliant on the coach it can kill you, but if the QB can make quick changes and good reads on the field he can cover for the coach. That was my point about Pennington earlier, I guess in another thread, he masked the shortcomings of a few coaches.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1609 on: November 13, 2019, 03:26:12 PM »
Never seen a good team without a good offensive line.

Teams have won Super Bowls without decent OLs, but it's usually behind a legendary defense i.e. '13 Seahawks, '02 Bucs

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1610 on: November 13, 2019, 06:53:09 PM »
Teams have won Super Bowls without decent OLs, but it's usually behind a legendary defense i.e. '13 Seahawks, '02 Bucs

...and they don't have a complete worthless bag of dicks at head coach.  #We'llNeverSniffthePlayoffsWithGase

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1611 on: November 13, 2019, 07:38:32 PM »
...and they don't have a complete worthless bag of dicks at head coach.  #We'llNeverSniffthePlayoffsWithGase

Coughlin Dungy Mccarthy say otherwise

TBD on Pederson

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1612 on: November 13, 2019, 10:54:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/rocthejetsfan/status/1194459559693344769?s=21

Friendly reminder to hate Ryan Clark from now until the end of time

I'm not sure when Clark's hatred for Sam started, but it has been a strange obsession. I first saw it after the Jets beat the Cowboys. Greenburg was on air saying that Sam Darnold was a better QB than Dak, and I think Ryan took it very offensively. I also feel like Clark felt more strongly about it in his argument because of the black Dak - white Darnold component.

It then got bad with ESPN's fvckery with the ghosts during ESPN

It flared up again with the Jamal trade rumors where he vociferously was stating that if anybody was to be traded, it was Darnold. He was obviously going hard body for another LSU DB given that he is an alum as well

Still very strange and unnecessary. He's usually pretty good but has been really harsh on Darnold given the crap circumstances he's been thrown into this season

It's somewhat cancelled out by Orlovsky, who is a huge fan/homer of Sam

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1613 on: November 14, 2019, 05:22:53 AM »
I'm not sure when Clark's hatred for Sam started, but it has been a strange obsession. I first saw it after the Jets beat the Cowboys. Greenburg was on air saying that Sam Darnold was a better QB than Dak, and I think Ryan took it very offensively. I also feel like Clark felt more strongly about it in his argument because of the black Dak - white Darnold component.

It then got bad with ESPN's fvckery with the ghosts during ESPN

It flared up again with the Jamal trade rumors where he vociferously was stating that if anybody was to be traded, it was Darnold. He was obviously going hard body for another LSU DB given that he is an alum as well

Still very strange and unnecessary. He's usually pretty good but has been really harsh on Darnold given the crap circumstances he's been thrown into this season

It's somewhat cancelled out by Orlovsky, who is a huge fan/homer of Sam
If we get enough buzz going and maybe get a beat writer to mention it maybe we can get Clark to have a Twitter meltdown or something.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1614 on: November 14, 2019, 05:47:17 AM »
He’s just jealous that Sam can play in places like Denver

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1616 on: November 25, 2019, 06:28:17 AM »
Apparently Darnold has been running the fastest of any QB in the league when releasing the football the last several weeks. Even blowing Lamar Jackson out of the water.

Crazy legs: Sam Darnold played faster than every quarterback in the NFL last week, including the human highlight film named Lamar Jackson, and the result was one of Darnold's best games as a pro. Coincidence? Let's take a look.

NFL Next Gen Stats tracks every quarterback's foot speed when he releases the ball, and Darnold averaged 6.37 mph per pass attempt in the Jets' win against the Washington Redskins. (In case you're wondering, Jackson averaged 4.07 mph in his game.) Actually, Darnold also led the league the previous week (5.72 mph).

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1617 on: November 25, 2019, 10:33:45 AM »
I still can't believe this guy fell to us in the draft.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1618 on: November 25, 2019, 10:36:08 AM »
I still can't believe this guy fell to us in the draft.

Same. As I've always said, if you want someone ahead of you picking a QB, hope it's Cleveland.

Not sure I love him taking a hit to the right shoulder running in that TD, that's how Pennington originally hurt his, but he seemed to bounce off it ok.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about