Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 71291 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Manish Mehta - FIRED
« Reply #795 on: December 11, 2020, 08:51:10 AM »
Again, I'm not defending Manish. I don't care that he was fired and I've already said that if that's all true, which it sounds like it was, then it was undoubtedly right to fire him.

Sorry, I can't read.  I had to look up skullduggery.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #796 on: December 11, 2020, 09:25:31 AM »
Ten years ago Rich Cimini was public enemy number one.

Rich gets excrement because he has negative takes on the franchise.  This is a completely different situation. 

I'm sure we'll continue to roast Connor Hughes and Rich Cimini for their awful takes on this team, but that's part of their job and they take it well.  Manish was always a scumbag. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #797 on: December 11, 2020, 10:09:58 AM »
I think that was Rich Cimini

Also makes sense.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #798 on: December 11, 2020, 10:57:09 AM »
Meh. If the org can't cope with a bit of media skullduggery it's even more shambolic than we thought. Ten years ago Rich Cimini was public enemy number one. In another six months I'm sure you'll all be putting the boot in on whoever the NYDN hires to replace Manish.
Manish was a manipulative douchebag, and if you still can't see that, you must have your head into the sand.

Comparing Manish to Cimini is like comparing apples and machine guns. It's not remotely the same thing at all.

Manish has always had shady tactics, and now they're coming out more to the forefront because one person (Charles McDonald) had the balls to speak up and get the ball rolling, and others joined in. I'm not sure if it affected what the Jets have been doing for the last 10 years when we've sucked, but it can't hurt to be rid of him.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #799 on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »
This is a beat reporter than undoubtedly created a lot of the issues between Jamal Adams and the team. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #801 on: December 11, 2020, 11:25:29 AM »

Evidence as to why this is JE's favorite former reporter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #802 on: December 11, 2020, 11:32:04 AM »
That is hilariously meta (pun not intended).

In the UK this guy would be just another average tabloid hack, the like of which every paper has multiples, and much of what he has done would be if not in the job description, certainly expected as part of doing his job. That so many people both inside and outside the NY media are bent out of shape about him is mindblowing.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #803 on: December 11, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »
That is hilariously meta (pun not intended).

In the UK this guy would be just another average tabloid hack, the like of which every paper has multiples, and much of what he has done would be if not in the job description, certainly expected as part of doing his job. That so many people both inside and outside the NY media are bent out of shape about him is mindblowing.

well as you know, american media has certain standards that must be met

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #804 on: December 11, 2020, 11:37:40 AM »

Yeah man, chasing a female reporter down a hallway and screaming curse words at her is completely normal and acceptable behavior.

I'm sure those UK tabloid reporters love to stalk children and text their parents about what flavor ice cream they're eating too. 

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #805 on: December 11, 2020, 11:40:04 AM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #807 on: December 11, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »
Yeah man, chasing a female reporter down a hallway and screaming curse words at her is completely normal and acceptable behavior.

I'm sure those UK tabloid reporters love to stalk children and text their parents about what flavor ice cream they're eating too. 

Oh man. 100% yes to both of those, and way worse.

I know a couple of UK tabloid writers, one very senior. He would laugh his nuts off at the idea of a journalist being fired for those things.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau