Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Mets Thread  (Read 22621 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Mets Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2018, 11:20:07 AM »
I have to say, I'm really happy for Mets fans right now. This is an incredible start. I'm generally indifferent to them and don't follow news about them, but was anything like this expected coming into this season?

I mean, the 2015 Mets went to the World Series, the 2016 team won 87 games. Mets have kept on promoting young, talented pitchers since 2015, and now that they are all healthy, their rotation looks strong and they have the depth to put a couple of talented guys in the bullpen, making the pitching a strength through all five starters and deep into their bullpen.

The lineup is fairly old with a lot of injury question-marks - counting on Cespedes, Bruce, Cabrera, Frazier, and Adrian Gonzalez to stay healthy and productive for a full season seems like a terrible idea, but as long as they stay relatively healthy, the Mets have a decent amount of capable fill-in pieces.

This start/this pace is obviously not sustainable/predicted, but with the talent and depth of the pitching, a healthy Mets team should be battling for the top of the NL East. On the other hand, injuries piling up with this roster would not be a surprise at all.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
I mean, the 2015 Mets went to the World Series, the 2016 team won 87 games. Mets have kept on promoting young, talented pitchers since 2015, and now that they are all healthy, their rotation looks strong and they have the depth to put a couple of talented guys in the bullpen, making the pitching a strength through all five starters and deep into their bullpen.

The lineup is fairly old with a lot of injury question-marks - counting on Cespedes, Bruce, Cabrera, Frazier, and Adrian Gonzalez to stay healthy and productive for a full season seems like a terrible idea, but as long as they stay relatively healthy, the Mets have a decent amount of capable fill-in pieces.

This start/this pace is obviously not sustainable/predicted, but with the talent and depth of the pitching, a healthy Mets team should be battling for the top of the NL East. On the other hand, injuries piling up with this roster would not be a surprise at all.

Well, enjoy it as long as possible. It's funny how the Yankees and Mets are currently proving that winning the offseason has absolutely no bearing once the real games start.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2018, 01:17:42 PM »
Well, enjoy it as long as possible. It's funny how the Yankees and Mets are currently proving that winning the offseason has absolutely no bearing once the real games start.

It's just a matter of time for you guys, Stanton isn't going to be cold as an ice cube for long. As soon as that guy figures the AL out your team will be fine.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »
It's just a matter of time for you guys, Stanton isn't going to be cold as an ice cube for long. As soon as that guy figures the AL out your team will be fine.

I just meant the way the two NY teams have played so far this season is more proof that winning the offseason doesn't necessarily have any bearing on the actual season.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »
Walk-off homer for Wilmer!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »
deGrom has been unbelievable tonight.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2018, 08:24:30 PM »
And the bats come alive!

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:57 PM »
Well that was disgusting.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2018, 09:46:52 PM »
Familia proves once again that he can't be trusted to come into a game with men on. Completely lost his composure tonight... as did the rest of the bullpen.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2018, 09:50:52 PM »
Cabrera's decision to try to steal 3rd on a wild pitch with the tying run at the plate in Conforto was inexcusable.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:29 PM »
Why is Reyes still playing baseball?

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »
Harvey needs to be sent down.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »
Harvey needs to be sent down.

Someone is the odd man out and it’s him if you’re going off of performance. Does he actually have minor league options?

Tags: