Author Topic: College Football Gameday (Week 6)  (Read 9287 times)

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
Re: College Football Gameday (Week 6)
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »
Fresno State has 550 yards of total offense in the first half.  Derek Carr is 31/36 for 390 yards and 5 TD's.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
Tennessee may be giving Georgia a touchback on what appears to be a fumble as a guy lays out for the pylon and ball goes. OB beyond the pylon...

Oh man is Tennesee going to hate themselves if this happens.
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »
Tennessee may be giving Georgia a touchback on what appears to be a fumble as a guy lays out for the pylon and ball goes. OB beyond the pylon...

Oh man is Tennesee going to hate themselves if this happens.

Yup, Georgia goes nowhere in OT and kicks a 45 yard FG to win it.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
First time watching Jeff Scott this year. Looks like a McCluster analog.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
10 minutes till the Baylor game, can't wait to watch Seastrunk for the first time this year live.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 07:45:13 PM »
God Damn!  Lache Seastrunk is the real deal.  The whole Baylor offense is ridiculous.  28 points in first 10 minutes after 80 yard Seastrunk run pulling away.

Edit:  1:04 left in the 1st half Baylor leads 56-14.  617 total yards. 

Edit:  Just heard on halftime show that Seastrunk hasn't taken a snap in the second half all season, and has been over 100 yards in each game. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:13:25 PM by hawk »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 08:09:27 PM »
Auburn's front four looks sick-nasty.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
Fresno State has 550 yards of total offense in the first half.  Derek Carr is 31/36 for 390 yards and 5 TD's.

Marteze Waller is finally the starter at running back.  If Fresno can keep running the football like this, they can drop 50 on everyone left on their schedule.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »
I hope Northwestern pulls this upset off.  I really don't want to see Ohio State in the title game.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 08:53:59 PM »
Looks like another efficient night for Zach Mettenberger, LSU, a game which Idzik is at.  25/29 340 yards just entering the 4th. 

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 3h
Jets GM John Idzik scouting at LSU-Miss State, maybe checking out LSU QB Zach Mettenberger (4th in nation in QBR). #Jets
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:01:10 PM by hawk »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »
Looks like another efficient night for Zach Mettenberger, LSU, a game which Idzik is at.  25/29 340 yards just entering the 4th. 

Jets GM John Idzik scouting at LSU-Miss State, maybe checking out LSU QB Zach Mettenberger (4th in nation in QBR). #Jets

LSU has a lot of solid prospects on their roster that he could be looking at.

I want to see Mettenberger against Florida and Alabama before I consider him a top prospect.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 09:09:21 PM »

I want to see Mettenberger against Florida and Alabama before I consider him a top prospect.

I was just saying the same thing.  Looking forward to the Alabama game. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »

The Florida/LSU game is next weekend, and it should be a good one.  UF isn't a powerhouse this year, but the roster is still loaded and Muschamp will bring it against LSU. 

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »

The Florida/LSU game is next weekend, and it should be a good one.  UF isn't a powerhouse this year, but the roster is still loaded and Muschamp will bring it against LSU.

Mettenberger is just starting to come into his own, and the coaching staff is just recently starting to rely on him.  The Alabama game last year was very good, which is why I can't wait.  However, the LSU defense is not the defense of the past few years.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »

Mettenberger is just starting to come into his own, and the coaching staff is just recently starting to rely on him.  The Alabama game last year was very good, which is why I can't wait.  However, the LSU defense is not the defense of the past few years.

Mettenberger was a big time recruit coming out of high school and originally committed to Georgia. 

He ended up getting in some serious trouble and it led to him being dismissed from UGA. 

The talent and the prototype size is there.  I'm not sure about his mental game yet.  He's been really efficient against weak defenses, that's why I'm looking forward to the UF and Bama matchups. 

Tags: