Author Topic: 2017 MLB  (Read 35673 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: 2017 MLB
« Reply #390 on: December 09, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
@pedromoura:Shohei Ohtani asked fans to come up with a nickname for him.

Giant bundle of sticks
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #391 on: December 09, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #392 on: December 09, 2017, 09:06:07 PM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #393 on: December 09, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »
Ok I really wanted Ohtani but he came off like a huge bundle of sticks during this whole posting/negotiating process

I mean, translated interviews/statements that his agent makes are going to sound weird no matter what. From watching interviews of Ohtani for a couple of years now, he's a seems a little awkward and obsessed with being the best baseball player possible, but more or less normal.

Posting process doesn't seem too crazy - he picked a West Coast team with deep pockets who can eventually sign him long term, and who has a GM who he has a good relationship with, and didn't drag anything out too long.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2017, 03:09:06 AM »
Ohtani's agent, Nez Balelo: "What mattered to him most wasn’t market size, time zone or league but that he felt a true bond with the Angels. He sees this as the best environment to develop and reach the next level and attain his career goals."

Ok I really wanted Ohtani but he came off like a huge bundle of sticks during this whole posting/negotiating process
Who knows, maybe some former Yankee  will buy the Angels and trade Ohtani and Trout to the Pinstripers for a middle reliever and some "prospects", Marlins style

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #395 on: December 10, 2017, 10:19:51 PM »
#Orioles GM Dan Duquette confirms that the team did NOT make a presentation to Shohei Ohtani, "Because philosophically we don't participate on the posting part of it."

Lolol

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #396 on: December 10, 2017, 10:21:19 PM »
I mean, translated interviews/statements that his agent makes are going to sound weird no matter what. From watching interviews of Ohtani for a couple of years now, he's a seems a little awkward and obsessed with being the best baseball player possible, but more or less normal.

Posting process doesn't seem too crazy - he picked a West Coast team with deep pockets who can eventually sign him long term, and who has a GM who he has a good relationship with, and didn't drag anything out too long.

Biggest thing that kinda rubbed me the wrong way was how he made every team fill out those questionnaires when he had no intention of ever signing with certain teams.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2017, 10:56:46 AM »
I've been to Anaheim. It's a suburb of LA. Accept that or don't. I don't care. freak Ohtani.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Tags: