Author Topic: Trumpster fire  (Read 499096 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Trumpster fire
« Reply #6405 on: August 09, 2022, 09:38:40 AM »
So having previously told the Mueller investigation that he didn't share campaign polling data with a Russian intelligence agent, Manafort now admits that he did but he only did it in order to help facilitate future business deals and not to enable them to assist Trump with the election, and the reason he told Mueller he didn't do it is because he had forgotten that he had due to the stress of his incarceration. And anyway he's already been pardoned for doing the thing he had forgotten he'd done so he can now remember it with impunity.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6406 on: August 09, 2022, 09:49:04 AM »

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1556799331352682502?t=qxVfbvDfCJ05VNy0cmCKQA&s=19

Just to be clear: the FBI director who issued the search warrant, the federal judge who signed it, and the DOJ attorney who executed it were all Trump appointees.

The deep state

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6409 on: August 09, 2022, 11:27:29 AM »
giddy ...yup   

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6411 on: August 09, 2022, 04:40:15 PM »
Thanks OJ

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1557033060914249729?t=YVMoIKL1o5yxiARDHhxzag&s=19
That's Orthental James at 75?!  Damn Doug Flutie-Frank Thomas you look great!   That said, I'm sure y'all were screaming bloody murder when Juice walked post Nicole & Ron..  ; )

although 2022 metro-Juice does sound kinda fucked up: 

"Actually, a couple of years later I WAS GETTING A PEDICURE down the street from my house at this new place.."

My point being while I too never voted for trump either in '16 or '20 (not that it should matter) I don't think you use search warrants and prosecutions to go after 'political enemies' based on partisan considerations a la Venezuela / Bolivia.  It's the same reason why they (correctly imo) didn't go after Hillary Clinton even after 33k subpoenaed emails went "poof!...plss off DOJ." Subpoena the documents in question, i.e. apply the same standard as with presidential candidate Clinton.  Goose / gander. 

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6412 on: August 09, 2022, 04:51:13 PM »
I was wondering how blatant weaponization of the State towards political enemies would be rationalized in here, and I wasn't disappointed.

Its amazing to see how the poseurs who supposedly believe in criminal justice/want reform (despite voting for a corrupt career prosecutor and the single most identifiable politician responsible for the overincarceration issue in this country) all of a sudden revert to such cop bootlicking greatest hits as "well if he did nothing wrong he has nothing to worry about!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6413 on: August 09, 2022, 05:03:48 PM »
I was wondering how blatant weaponization of the State towards political enemies would be rationalized in here, and I wasn't disappointed.

Its amazing to see how the poseurs who supposedly believe in criminal justice/want reform (despite voting for a corrupt career prosecutor and the single most identifiable politician responsible for the overincarceration issue in this country) all of a sudden revert to such cop bootlicking greatest hits as "well if he did nothing wrong he has nothing to worry about!"

Presumably by using the same rationale as was applied by Conservatives when demanding the FBI investigate Clinton for mishandling restricted government documents, coincidentally the exact same offense as Trump is apparently suspected of, and which they duly did. Why do you think that the law only applies when it suits your preferred brand? And before you answer that, consider that the warrant was requested by an FBI led by a Trump appointee, and signed by a federal judge who was a Trump appointee, presumably because there was probable cause. And if reports are to be believed they recovered over 100 pages of classified documents that should never have been removed from the White House, and that he was ordered to return several times.

But yeah. something something weaponization something something. Seriously mj, you're a smart man but sometimes when it comes to this excrement you're freaking cuckoo.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6414 on: August 09, 2022, 05:59:23 PM »
Presumably by using the same rationale as was applied by Conservatives when demanding the FBI investigate Clinton for mishandling restricted government documents, coincidentally the exact same offense as Trump is apparently suspected of, and which they duly did.

Which difference would you like to get into, the one where the FBI never actually investigated Clinton, despite literal bleach and hammers being used on hard drives, or the one where Trump in his capacity as former President can argue that his handling of said documents falls under his purview?

If asking for a little bit of consistency out of people is coocoo, as opposed to naked tribalistic DERRR DRUMPF impulses in which the full power of the State is unleashed on a political enemy under the flimsiest of pretexts (or if having a natural distrust towards this apparatus, as if this isn't the same FBI that didn't manufacture FISA warrants that they knew were based on lies against Trump campaign) then yes, I guess I'm freaking crazy.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6416 on: August 10, 2022, 08:44:38 AM »
Let's gooooooo

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #6417 on: August 10, 2022, 08:55:41 AM »
Law and Order! Back the Blue! Punisher Flag!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #6418 on: August 10, 2022, 09:33:40 AM »
Law and Order! Back the Blue! Punisher Flag!

Ironically, the Punisher character would be all for "defund the police" and "defund the FBI".

Of course, irony, hypocrisy, and self-awareness are tricky concepts to these folks.
Unless you're gargling Trump's rancid cum in cynical, self-serving obedience, you're a RiNooo or a Radical Leftist!!!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6419 on: August 10, 2022, 10:24:09 AM »
I remember when Female Body Inspectors used to stand for something, damnit!